This was inspired by a build by Tamiya Cowboys, on RC Truck and construction, speedy race truck "Haulin ***". I had the running gear from a Globe Liner set aside that I was originally planning a Bus build BUT it had sat in a box for over a year and I couldnt see it progressing any further than the box. I would need a load for my trailer (when I get round to that build) so I figured a race truck was the ideal build and off we went.

Rails were bought along with other bits (I believed they were truck rails but turned out to be highlift). Shell was cut and lowered a little over rails and then painted Kawasaki Green (to match my King Hauler). Logos were made by my local Grafix shop who are always helping me get projects finished so seemed only fair that I put their logo on the truck along with the guy who painted and dipped my other truck.

photo1_zps15b14840.jpg

photo2_zpsd543abbd.jpg

photo3_zps746c071c.jpg

photo4_zps4f50ef08.jpg

photo5_zps79951746.jpg

photo_zps247898de.jpg

Shell isnt sat quite right on the chassis in the photos, sat too far back and too high at the front.

• Like 1

Super cool, but how will you keep it from flipping over during high speed races?! :)

Cheers,

Skottoman

This looks a great project, but I'd have kept the second rear axle to help put the power down ;)

The KH 3 speed box can actually take a lot of abuse in stock form. I have one in my 6x6, which with the trailer weights at least 6-7Kg with the wood load on, and it can cope with pulling all that with a silver can on a 9.6V battery.

So you should be able to manage at least 4000Kv brushless on 2S LiPo :)

I think these would be great fun to race, having to manually operate the 3 speed box for acceleration and braking would make for a much more involved race, even if it's only drag racing in a straight line.

LOL, there is no way Im putting a brushless in it, at most its getting a 27t rebuildable stock motor. Going more for a race look rather than actually racing the truck... dont want to scratch it for a start LOL.

LOL, there is no way Im putting a brushless in it, at most its getting a 27t rebuildable stock motor. Going more for a race look rather than actually racing the truck... dont want to scratch it for a start LOL.

17.5T or 18.5T brushless and forget about ever needing to rebuild it. About the same speed as 27 turn brushed motor (or a touch slower) without the hassles.

Yeh. I should have put Im not putting a fast brushless in this truck. Shame though had a nice mtroniks 18t system that I recently sold.

This was inspired by a build by Tamiya Cowboys [...]

photo3_zps746c071c.jpg

Shell isnt sat quite right on the chassis in the photos, sat too far back and too high at the front.

Wow, that tractor truck looks really wild. Gotta love the King Hauler!!

Great concept, really looking the part with the chrome work added. Are you going to make the side panels and rear arches to finish the look?

lovely truck ! the kawasaki green looks lovely ! great job , thanks for sharing

I love big trucks... The sounds of the turbo whistling and the exhaust growling, the imposing size, the heft of everything -- it's all good.

An idea for your next build?

Excellent work mukka - now drive it under a gate B)