Sign in to follow this  
chriss76

E bay scam

Hi just want to warn you all about the seller jaskele2, he has been selling tamiya cars at rather tempting prices, I should have known better. I'm not sure how to check if he has other accounts but be on the look out for tamiya cars at honk kong prices but from the uk.

Chris

Out of nowhere he's selling multiple RC kits without any photos and with images and all text ripped straight from Wonderland Models (links are still in there), relisting items straight away when they sell at prices almost too good to be true. Hindsight is 20:20 vision.

Well opened up a case against him, last time I checked he still had live listings, I would have thought e bay would have suspended his account with he amount of people contacting them within such a short period of time.

still have live items for sale but with 71.9% feedback rating I doubt many will buy from him

Just shows its easy to drop a load of highish value items on ebay, sell a load at cheap prices in a short time and potentially disappear with the money :(

still have live items for sale but with 71.9% feedback rating I doubt many will buy from him

That is honestly pathetic, anything under about 98% and it should be "hit the road bucko". Dropkicks like that should have an instantly frozen ebay and paypal account when below a certain threshold. In fact, if they have more than 5 consecutive negative feedbacks then paypal should directly reimburse the purchase costs of any neutral and negative transactions from the c/card associated with that account no matter how old or new, ban c/card number, and close account.

• Like 1

That is honestly pathetic, anything under about 98% and it should be "hit the road bucko". Dropkicks like that should have an instantly frozen ebay and paypal account when below a certain threshold. In fact, if they have more than 5 consecutive negative feedbacks then paypal should directly reimburse the purchase costs of any neutral and negative transactions from the c/card associated with that account no matter how old or new, ban c/card number, and close account.

I think you're forgetting that ebay and paypal aren't a public service, they're in it for the money. Whilst I think that all your suggestions are valid, imagine what implementing any of them would do to the paypal/ebay bottom line.

Quick update, I got a full refund from eBay and he had his account shut down however I think it took far too long for eBay to take action on his account. Must admit I can't fault eBay at the speed they repaid me.