shenlonco

tamiya VW beetle re release

Tamiyas re releasing the VW beetle If the price is right I will have to get one of these and maybe put some mag wheels on it and make it look cool!

58572 1/10 RC Car Volkswagen Beetle (M-06 chassis)

tamiya-58572.jpg

Hi I seen that but don't know why they say the kit will be $250.00!! tower sells kits with this same chassis for only $149.00?

Tower price is normally 60% of RRP so $150 seems plausible.

I usd to race a M04 Beetle in the M-chassis class at our local club, but never really got to grips with the handling so converted it into a M03 Fiat 500 which was a far more successful race machine. (Only needed the chassis mouldings and bodyshell to do the conversion.)

Now that I no longer race, it might be nice to get one of these, as I do like the Beetle shell, and perhaps the M06 will be a little easier to drive. Here's hoping anyway...

wasn't it re released before? is a nice detailed body until you come across those mounting posts,which tamiya can't seems to do something about it. I guess RC is more for quick easy access rather than for looks.

Finally, now I can stock up on chrome bumpers and mirrors. :D Bad driving breaks all those hanging off bits.