Mackiatoe

SUGGESTIONS: Different body for Brat/Frog Chassis?

Hi all,

I currently have a Re-re Brat and need some advice regrading bodies. Is there any way of mounting a different body on to the chassis? The problem is to do with the fact that the body mounts are not really adjustable, thus limiting the type of body I can put on. However, has anyone had any luck in putting a different body, other than a stock Brat lexan shell, on to theirs?

If you can suggest a body that would fit on the Brat/Frog chassis without too much difficulty, then please suggest it.

Cheers,

Mack.

Welcome aboard, Mack!

Not easy, you're right. You have to work your way to install a different body. It's part of the hobby. I think you'll enjoy the learning process. ;)

The VW Sand Scorcher body might be a good option.

Have a look at my attempt, from a few years ago: http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=94794&sid=23692

@Mongoose Thanks for the advice. By the way, how did you get that rear bumper setup? Looks very nice!

The rear bumper is from a Super Clod Buster Chrome Edition (black F-parts, #0004847). I might try this as well on a Monster Beetle which has its original rear bumper missing.

Yes, it's a Super Clod Buster axle bumper. Not the black one actually, it was the stock blue one painted matt black. You will need a couple of custom made parts to fit it, but it looks and works very very good. Unfortunately, I had to sell that car years ago so I can not share close up pictures of it. I've seen some TCers making some rear cages with aluminum lately, which are even nicer.

Anyway, here's a picture in case you can use it as a reference. ;)

001_zpsc640bde1.jpg?t=1373739645

Thanks for all you help. I think I have a little summer project now with finding a new body ;)

By the way @JennyMo, what was the name/part number for those rear body mounts?

Cheers,

Mack

Thanks for all you help. I think I have a little summer project now with finding a new body ;)

By the way @JennyMo, what was the name/part number for those rear body mounts?

Cheers,

Mack

Hi Mack - I can't say for sure as I tend to collect random parts here and there, but I have a feeling they are part of the TL-01 chassis C parts, as I know I bought some of those a while ago...

If you look on ebay there are a few sellers at the moment, and they look like the parts I used...

Jx