super gripper

DT02 challange event

Hi Guys

I'm thinking of getting myself down to this event, but have never raced before and have a couple of questions.

Firstly, I am still using 27 mhz. When booking in online , do I have to state which crystals I own? or do I bring all that I have and they're designated on the day?

Also, I'm thinking of running in both the standard and the mod class.

Having never raced before I have no idea how many batteries I would need to bring? I have 5 3700nimh batteries. Would this be enough with a quick charger?

Thanks. Apologies if they're daft questions.

Holmsey,

I reckon you'll be fine with all that and just bring as many crystals as you can.

J

Hi Guys

I'm thinking of getting myself down to this event, but have never raced before and have a couple of questions.

Firstly, I am still using 27 mhz. When booking in online , do I have to state which crystals I own? or do I bring all that I have and they're designated on the day?

Having never raced before I have no idea how many batteries I would need to bring? I have 5 3700nimh batteries. Would this be enough with a quick charger?

You should definatley go to this event. There are a few going who have not raced before, including me and my son, so you'll be in good company. I'm really looking forward to a fun day out :)

Hi Guys

And they are all the same questions I've been asking, I'm another race virgin.. hopefully we'll all be in good company.

My HB is not ready yet, hopefuly soon......

Hi Guys

Hi,

There is a fequencies text box with the booking on-line. I suggest you enter your preferred frequency next to each car/entry with each car booking. However, as there are likely to be many 27 and maybe 40Mhz entries, if you got other crystal sets, please bring them. Hopefully the pre-booking system will sort this out but there is a possiblity of frequency jiggling at the start (and maybe during) the day by Race Control for heats and then final.

Although I'm using 2.4G I'll bring my selection of Xtals with me, it someone needs to borrow, but again I suggest you remove and bring all of your Xtals from your other rc cars, so you have a selection for the day.

I would also suggest that as a minimum, having as many packs as you can, but atleast 2 battery packs per car. This way you can be using one, whilst another is charging. But again, if you've got them, bring them (and of course charge all of them before the day).

I hope this helps, see you there!

• Like 1

I am all booked in a little while back.

Hows the attending the event numbers coming along??

:):mellow::(

the numbers are ok but a little low :unsure::(

I am hoping we can get enough people to attend so we can have two standard heats of six cars and two heats of modified of six cars.

I still do not understand why more people are not jumping at the chance of an organised and professionally run event ????

1. we have the place to ourselves.

2. the racing is timed but not serious

3. this is the perfect opportunity for never raced before people to learn

4. the is a burger van all day

5. there is cheap camping nearby

6. the track is all astro turf

7. there is power for charging

8. toilet facilities

9. there isn't an Tamiyaclub event this year !

10.the simple rules make it the same for everyone.

11.most people have a DT02 in some shape or form.

12.if not some shops now have a discount for the event

so what's stopping people ??

There is also BEEEEEEEEEEEERs going down on the Saturday evening for those staying or near the Farnborough Travelodge :D

I know of a few who are planning to sign up after the end of this month payday.

J

• Like 1

will be signing up as soon as i get numbers confirmed with people here on isle of wight

the numbers are ok but a little low :unsure::(

I am hoping we can get enough people to attend so we can have two standard heats of six cars and two heats of modified of six cars.

I still do not understand why more people are not jumping at the chance of an organised and professionally run event ????

1. we have the place to ourselves.

2. the racing is timed but not serious

3. this is the perfect opportunity for never raced before people to learn

4. the is a burger van all day

5. there is cheap camping nearby

6. the track is all astro turf

7. there is power for charging

8. toilet facilities

9. there isn't an Tamiyaclub event this year !

10.the simple rules make it the same for everyone.

11.most people have a DT02 in some shape or form.

12.if not some shops now have a discount for the event

so what's stopping people ??

How many entries do we have so far ?

Can you run in 2 heats (Modified/Standard) as some how I've ended up with Sand Rover, Violet Racer Kit (Used the Kit wheels to get SRB Bloke's HB Legal lol) & Sand Viper (Violet Racer kit is for spares on the day as would be gutted coming all that way and the Sand Rover broke)

Is this just a Tamiyaclub members event or could we offer it out on other RC forums ?

Quite a few of us are running in both classes (mod & std) including myself.

Have you only booked in to the std class then ?

by having more people attend we can have more heats therefor there will be larger gaps (time) between heats for people to charge etc.........

there will be breaks between rounds and the finals.

practicing will be timed and marshalled, this then helps people to see who's in their heat and can drive around the track knowing there are marshals to hand.

the event is on other forums yes

I'll be there in both events. Just waiting for funds to clear in my PayPal account this weekend and I'll get officially booked in. This'll be my first proper organised race too so I'm looking forward to it. Due to commitments I won't be staying over, I'll be driving down on the day and should be there by 8am, hope that's ok.

• Like 1

I'll join the modified class as well then. Could not resist the Sand Viper on ebay yesterday for £34 posted.

Also I'll put an advert on the Scale RC site

• Like 2

Hi,

There is a fequencies text box with the booking on-line. I suggest you enter your preferred frequency next to each car/entry with each car booking. However, as there are likely to be many 27 and maybe 40Mhz entries, if you got other crystal sets, please bring them. Hopefully the pre-booking system will sort this out but there is a possiblity of frequency jiggling at the start (and maybe during) the day by Race Control for heats and then final.

Although I'm using 2.4G I'll bring my selection of Xtals with me, it someone needs to borrow, but again I suggest you remove and bring all of your Xtals from your other rc cars, so you have a selection for the day.

I would also suggest that as a minimum, having as many packs as you can, but atleast 2 battery packs per car. This way you can be using one, whilst another is charging. But again, if you've got them, bring them (and of course charge all of them before the day).

I hope this helps, see you there!

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the replies..

Have managed to get the day off work, so will definitely be attending .

Will be running in the stock, and possibly in the mod. Just depends on funds as I will need to get myself another car for this.

Looking forward to it, and getting to meet you all.

• Like 1

> mr crispy - 8am is ok yes. Racing is due to start at 9 but everyone needs to be there before then for the drivers briefing and of course to get yourself set up and ready.

> Rallebaz - £34, that's a bargin - cheap racing fun at that price :D which is whole idea of course B) thank you for doing an advert on the Scale RC site.

> Holmsey - it will be good to meet you and all the other chaps on the day.

It was during the maintenance yesterday when it suddenly appeared. Thought I had lost it as could not get back on the site, but managed to get it. Phew

How do I amend my entry to both classes ?

Well its an excuse to get a holiday buggy now lol.

And what a good excuse it is...just need to get building now.

a4815c07-d122-4269-aee8-2799c1c72a63_zps

ok u lot talked me into getting a sand viper to run in mod class will be standard but for my novak brushless rig out of my rb5 in there :) .. roll on end of month :)

It was during the maintenance yesterday when it suddenly appeared. Thought I had lost it as could not get back on the site, but managed to get it. Phew

How do I amend my entry to both classes ?

if you are already booked in to one class you should be able to simply book in to the other class via the booking in web page

ok u lot talked me into getting a sand viper to run in mod class will be standard but for my novak brushless rig out of my rb5 in there :) .. roll on end of month :)

brushless is limited to 10.5 chap, hope that's what you have ??

• Like 1

My entry for the Standard Class is ready. A nod to the organiser on the roof. More photos on the main site.

img30876_25082013165208_6.jpg

J

• Like 3