super gripper

DT02 challange event

well 3 dt02's order for m8's and me to race and i'm signed up bring it on :)

Nice one Andy :) That's 6 of us on the list for one or two beers on the Saturday evening too, then :)

• Like 1

Really thinking of coming down to this one :-)

are we allowed reverse on our speed controls for this event? years since I raced and reverse wasn't allowed back then...

Got a mate interested as well so as soon as he confirms i'll book us both in for the standard class (should be slow enough for me to get around the track hopefully)

Got a lunchbox which I could bring for a bash in the luchie race as well. is there any restrictions on the lunchbox race as i'd have to change it back to brushed if there is?

Cheers Rich :-)

Really thinking of coming down to this one :-)

are we allowed reverse on our speed controls for this event? years since I raced and reverse wasn't allowed back then...

Got a mate interested as well so as soon as he confirms i'll book us both in for the standard class (should be slow enough for me to get around the track hopefully)

Got a lunchbox which I could bring for a bash in the luchie race as well. is there any restrictions on the lunchbox race as i'd have to change it back to brushed if there is?

Cheers Rich :-)

hello chap,

yes reverse is allowed.

no restrictions on the just for fun lunchbox race. its all boxes go at the same time :D

hope you can make it.

some more people have booked in :D:D:D :D :D:D excellent

lets see your cars please people B)

Mines 90% finished :D

Will sort out registering for modified this week

Here's my boy ready to race.. well nearly

IMG_1813_zpsec83b519.jpg

IMG_1818_zpse8bef6d0.jpg

IMG_1814_zps8ba34375.jpg

For some reason I coulnd't upload these the normal way, I'm not sure if you'll be able to see these images.

• Like 6

Cannot wait to see it next to JWeston's HB

Marshal's are going to have fun picking up all the heads and extra add on bits :lol:

• Like 1

Cannot wait to see it next to JWeston's HB

Marshal's are going to have fun picking up all the heads and extra add on bits :lol:

Window nets may be required lol

Window nets may be required lol

I was so close to fitting nets... :) :)

maybe I will ;)

I'm loving the look you've got there SRB Bloke, not much chance of loosing that in a field of other Holiday Buggies :)

Admittedly, I'm concerned about my strobe effect roof LEDs but if they come off, they come off :)

Admittedly, I'm concerned about my strobe effect roof LEDs but if they come off, they come off :)

Just hope that those LEDs don't act like a homing beacon for all the other cars during the 'race' :P

All these flash paint jobs on all the other cars going to make my cars look boring!!

Ok so ive just booked in for the standard class. best get up in the loft and dig my holiday buggy and lunchbox out :-)

Also booked into the Farnborough central Travelodge for the sat night so up for a couple of beers John if you are.

Should be bringing my neighbour with me who is member 'hamster' on here if he can find his buggy as hes just moved house.

Booked myself in as a '5' rated driver but i'll apologise now if I get in anyones way during the racing haha

Looking forward to this now

See you all there :-)

• Like 2

Ok so ive just booked in for the standard class. best get up in the loft and dig my holiday buggy and lunchbox out :-)

Also booked into the Farnborough central Travelodge for the sat night so up for a couple of beers John if you are.

Should be bringing my neighbour with me who is member 'hamster' on here if he can find his buggy as hes just moved house.

Booked myself in as a '5' rated driver but i'll apologise now if I get in anyones way during the racing haha

Excellent :)

It will be good to see you there :D

RULES

TAMIYA DT-02 CHALLENGE 2013

These construction rules are here simply ensure fair competition and of course encourage enjoyment for ALL. We therefore ask you to respect them.

GENERAL RULES APPLYING TO 2010 Holiday Buggy & 2011 Sand Rover CLASS

1. Only 2010 Holiday Buggy (Blue or Red body) 2011 Sand Rover & Street Rover cars may be entered.

2. MOTORS – there is a choice of motors (sealed can) where strictly limited to using:-

1. Any Tamiya kit supplied ‘silver can’ 540 motor.
  2. The Tamiya ‘Sport Tuned’ 540 motor.
  3. The Tamiya ‘Torque’ Tuned 540 motor.

IN ALL CASES THE MOTOR MUST BE COMPLETELY AS STANDARD, IT MUST NOT HAVE BEEN OPENED NOR HAVE THE FACTORY TIMING TAMPERED WITH IN ANYWAY.

The use of heat sinks to cool the motor is permitted.

1. Front shock tower braces are permitted.(3Racing,Carson,Tamiya)

2. BODYSHELL - The body-shell must be securely fastened at all times. This can be decorated by the user, but

please ensure that decoration is not offensive.

3. No additional items / components can be added to the car (such as second motors or larger external bumpers etc.) unless

clearly stated otherwise herewith.

4. RADIO GEAR - Any commercially available radio control gear conforming to UK law can be used (either frequency of

27MHz, 40MHz or 2.4GHz). Where 27Mhz and 40Mhz is intended for use, please inform the Race Director when booking in

at race control.

5. SPEED CONTROLLERS - Any commercially available speed controller (suited to operating the MOTORS listed) can be

used.

6. BATTERY PACK - Any commercially available, but only 7.2v Sub C sized NiCd/NiMH or the equivalent dimensioned 7.4v

(2S) HARD CASED LiPo battery packs are permitted. For safety reasons, battery packs must have electrical connectors

fitted that can be disconnected quickly by a marshal if required during a race, i.e. battery packs must NOT be ‘hard wired’ to

the speed-controller.

7. To allow competitive racing, a ‘hand-out’ lap-counting transponder will be provided, where the driver must provide suitable

means of securely fastening within and under the car’s body-shell.

8. SUSPENSION – replacement shock absorbers are allowed, as long as a direct replacement / fit onto the standard chassis.

Alternative springs and shock oils are permitted.

9. GEARS – differing gear ratios / pinion gears are permitted (17 & 19 tooth pinions).

10. BALL-RACES – replacement ball-races / bearings / bushes are permitted.

11. WHEELS & TYRES – Any wheels & tyres combinations, but limited to those taken from standard kits (of 2010 HB, 2011

SR & Street Rover) ONLY.

12. WATER-PROOFING – Water-proofing of equipment is permitted, including fitment of the ‘Hunter Systems’ chassis cover.

DT02 Chassis Open Class - Modified – rules as above with additions below where applicable.

This class is:-

1. Open to using any of the past or current Tamiya DT-02 based standard kit models.

2. Open to using any body-shell from any past or current Tamiya DT-02 based standard kit model ONLY.

3. Car must use the Tamiya DT02 chassis and gearbox (DT02 geared diff or DT02 ball diff are permitted).

4. Any tyre and any wheel from any manufacturer (1/10th scale car ‘sizes’ only, in keeping with original car).

5. Only commercially available hop ups permitted, ie Tamiya,3racing,GPM,Yeah-Racing.Carson,etc

6. Any commercially available BRUSHED ‘540 size’ motor with 19 turns or more (any 19 turn spec. and any manufacturer

allowed)

7. Any commercially available BRUSH-LESS ‘540 size’ motor with 10.5 turns or more (any manufacturer allowed).

8. Any commercially available electronic speed controller (from any manufacturer) to suit any motor as above.

Just thought I would put the rules up again as some questions have been asked about lipo's etc.

They MUST be hard case.

please check your cars conform to the rules of the classes you have booked in for.

• Like 1

Well, I've finally got myself booked in.

Have managed to get myself a Desert Gator off the bay, so will be running in both the mod and the stock classes.

Just need to give it a strip down and rebuild and get out and practice my driving.

See you all there.

• Like 2

we are now finally in to September

not long to go now until the event, a few more people have now booked in :D

the event is looking better all the time, I had better get the :ph34r: raffle :ph34r: sorted out !