super gripper

DT02 challange event

Oh dear !!! for a guy who's never raced it looks a little scary...

But hey!! it will be fun..

• Like 1

well Holiday Buggy driver ready .. bring me sunshine Mr Eric Morecambe not great but ok i think

002_zpsa2b8e7d7.jpg

• Like 6

Oh dear !!! for a guy who's never raced it looks a little scary...

But hey!! it will be fun..

It will certainly be fun yes, the whole idea of the day is to get those fears out of the way.

remember it is a private event and we have the track to ourselves in the sense that we will only be racing against each other.

And you get a timed and marshalled practice first before the 1st round.

I have just finished modifying the gearbox on my Sand Rover.

If anyone is having motor cooling issues and would like their gearbox modifying ready for the event please pm me B)

030913007_zps4585d9ec.jpg

030913010_zps0ca254ff.jpg

Back from my travels so need to sort it out. My lad will be racing stock (HB) and I will do Mod.

Now actually need to get the Sandviper up and running :)

If anyone is interested in using the carbon shock mounts (hop-ups 54431/54432) which include the front shock tower brace then check the for sale section at £15 for the front and rear set, posted UK. Can only be used with buggy shells though :(

If anyone is interested in using the carbon shock mounts (hop-ups 54431/54432) which include the front shock tower brace then check the for sale section at £15 for the front and rear set, posted UK. Can only be used with buggy shells though :(

Your joking as just bought 3 front braces as the guys listing on ebay states for the Holiday Buggy & Sand Rover. I did wonder though looking at my Sand Rover with the shell on

Your joking as just bought 3 front braces as the guys listing on ebay states for the Holiday Buggy & Sand Rover. I did wonder though looking at my Sand Rover with the shell on

You can't use the carbon mounts, or the brace, with any body which covers the towers - but if i had the HB, SR or SR I'd probably drive it a lot gentler than other Dt-02 models.

I think the SR and HB bodies would protect the front tower anyway?

I assume the tower normally breaks when the buggies land upside down, with them being more exposed etc?

I assume the tower normally breaks when the buggies land upside down, with them being more exposed etc?

I clipped a kerb with mine and bust the shock tower, did that twice, then got the 3racing item, and it has been fine ever since. ;)

These bodies seem to protect the front shock tower, but in fact they do not. The rigid front body mount will be ripped away in impacts. As it is fixed on the front shock tower, this will become unusable as well, as the mounting hole on the tower busts in the process.

Happened on my Holiday Buggy 2010 after a rather average impact with a Hornet, right at the first run.

Needless to say, the Hornet won. :)

To prevent such damage to the front bodymount (and the HB2010/SR2011 bodyshell), a larger front bumper would be useful that covers the front wheels and fenders. A Slash front bumper can be used to modify the stock DT-02 bumper, for added protection.

These bodies seem to protect the front shock tower, but in fact they do not. The rigid front body mount will be ripped away in impacts. As it is fixed on the front shock tower, this will become unusable as well, as the mounting hole on the tower busts in the process.

Happened on my Holiday Buggy 2010 after a rather average impact with a Hornet, right at the first run.

Needless to say, the Hornet won. :)

To prevent such damage to the front bodymount (and the HB2010/SR2011 bodyshell), a larger front bumper would be useful that covers the front wheels and fenders. A Slash front bumper can be used to modify the stock DT-02 bumper, for added protection.

the bumper idea is ok, but not legal for this event , must be the standard bumper.

I've battered my HB2010 and all is good. Probably because I dremel'd off the shock tower drop the shocks below the body. :)

For my Holiday Buggy, I fitted the 3Racing brace on the 'rear' side of the front shock tower, this way it just squeezes under the body. For my DG, I fitted on the 'front' side, so the body fits under it easier.

Oh yes, and I've just had confirmation from FUSION HOBBIES, they WILL be SPONSORING THE DT-02 EVENT where they are going to give prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each of the 2 classes.

A BIG THANK YOU TO Joanne @ FUSION HOBBIES for this COMMITTMENT - A GREAT CONTRIBUTION TO OUR HOBBY!

I know some of you have been buying your kits from FUSION, but can I suggest, the next time you need something you give them a try. Better still, CALL JOANNE @ FUSION HOBBIES on 01536 397467 and ask her if she can do you deal! Not forgetting they give 10% discount for all TC and IconicRC members also!

I notice Fusion are stocking Carson stuff these days also, so some great hop-ups ('all terrain' wheel sets etc) for your DT-02!!

See at the event, regards Simon

• Like 1

Any recommendations as to what spares I should bring as dont have any at all. Anybody know of any particular weaknesses with the 2010 holiday buggy? Also is there anhone there who will be selling spares in the day?

Cheers Rich :-D

That is great news, a big thank you to Simon for getting this sorted.

Fusion Hobbies also have the Carson alloy front shock brace in stock, great bit of kit. have two myself.

Simon also helped with the rules people, so a big :D everyone.

Any recommendations as to what spares I should bring as dont have any at all. Anybody know of any particular weaknesses with the 2010 holiday buggy?

Cheers Rich :-D

The front shock tower chap, Fusion Hobbies has the Carson alloy front shock brace in stock or there is the 3Racing carbon brace (not sure who stocks it in the UK)

I just want to say a BIG THANKS to both Simon and Lee for setting up this event and encouraging the sponsors to join in.

I have no idea what expect or to win anything, but its all sounding to be a good day.

THANKS AGAIN :) :):) :)

• Like 1