super gripper

DT02 challange event

Oh yes, and I've just had confirmation from FUSION HOBBIES, they WILL be SPONSORING THE DT-02 EVENT where they are going to give prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd in each of the 2 classes.

A BIG THANK YOU TO Joanne @ FUSION HOBBIES for this COMMITTMENT - A GREAT CONTRIBUTION TO OUR HOBBY!

I know some of you have been buying your kits from FUSION, but can I suggest, the next time you need something you give them a try. Better still, CALL JOANNE @ FUSION HOBBIES on 01536 397467 and ask her if she can do you deal! Not forgetting they give 10% discount for all TC and IconicRC members also!

I notice Fusion are stocking Carson stuff these days also, so some great hop-ups ('all terrain' wheel sets etc) for your DT-02!!

See at the event, regards Simon

This is great news, and the day is really shaping up to be quite an event; well done and big thanks to Lee and Simon. :)

Just over three weeks to go and I feel like a child waiting for Christmas morning... :D

• Like 1

Thanks Lee and Simon for the hard work so far that has been put into this event, just hope the numbers compliment the dedication that has gone into making this day happen.

Great addition of Fusion Hobbies to help with prizes, who will be donating the wooden spoon for me when I finish last??? :D

Great addition of Fusion Hobbies to help with prizes, who will be donating the wooden spoon for me when I finish last??? :D

I'll be way behind you, chasing that wooden spoon :D :D

I'll race you both for last place!

Any seasoned racers there and that's where the prizes have already gone.

Oh, by the way, there is some kind prize for other than just winning! I wasn't going to say too much, but we''l have a Concour's winner when they're all out for photos.

Its just good to have something from the day. I like tea! A good brown colour, half a sugar and stirred clockwise! I'll be very happy if someone give me one of those on the day!!

• Like 1

Any recommendations as to what spares I should bring as dont have any at all. Anybody know of any particular weaknesses with the 2010 holiday buggy? Also is there anhone there who will be selling spares in the day?

Cheers Rich :-D

Hi Rich,

I'm bringing most of a complete chassis (new spares) on the day, and I think Lee and maybe another is doing similar. Should keep us all going!

Suspension arms and wheel hubs are always a good idea though.

But please, if you've got it, bring it. Because if you don't, it will be that part that you need on the day! Bring various Xtals too (if you're using 40 or 27Mhz).

Any recommendations as to what spares I should bring as dont have any at all. Anybody know of any particular weaknesses with the 2010 holiday buggy? Also is there anhone there who will be selling spares in the day?

Cheers Rich :-D

Top work guys with Fusion Hobbies getting on board.

I am bringing a brand new unbuilt Violet Racer kit for spares if anyone needs anything

Top work guys with Fusion Hobbies getting on board.

I am bringing a brand new unbuilt Violet Racer kit for spares if anyone needs anything

I would be interested in the box if you still have it ??

Plus

I too will be bringing NIP spares B)

there will be a track side shop too, consumables such as tires, inserts, shock oil etc.

well now add a vintage lunchbox to my collection to bring along mite need a small lorry now to get there from island :)

and the wooden spoon will be mine :P

I would be interested in the box if you still have it ??

Plus

I too will be bringing NIP spares B)

there will be a track side shop too, consumables such as tires, inserts, shock oil etc.

I was going to sell the kit on after the event. Just a failsafe as would be gutted travelling 180 miles and broke the car in 5 minutes. If I sell all the parts on the day, your welcome to have the empty box.

Finally pulled my finger out and building the 3 Racing shocks. Are they having a laugh with the instructions being so small. I've got 8 E clips but only need 4 ?? Surely you need 1 either side of the 1 or 2 hole piston plate. Does the large black O ring go at the bottom and large white O ring at the top ?

DT-02Shocks003_zps1154fcde.jpg

My Red Holiday buggy will be going straight onto ebay after the event, unless anyone wants it straight off me on the day.

I've already got a blue one so the Red one is literally just for that day.

I assume we can only use the braces in the mod class, not the stock class? As all we can add is oil shocks.

Finally pulled my finger out and building the 3 Racing shocks. Are they having a laugh with the instructions being so small. I've got 8 E clips but only need 4 ?? Surely you need 1 either side of the 1 or 2 hole piston plate. Does the large black O ring go at the bottom and large white O ring at the top ?

DT-02Shocks003_zps1154fcde.jpg

hehe yep not great but still make Mardave instructions look bad

Doh! Good to see we can use the mounts on the std class as well :)

Carson alloy front suspension mounts are permitted too. (In stock at Fusion)

Ballraces and oil shocks are permitted in the standard class.

motors :- Tamiya kit 540, Tamiya Torque Tuned and the Tamiya Sport Tuned.

No other hop ups are permitted in the standard class.

New Information

All the names will be entered on to the PC on the 27th at 9.00pm. Anyone booking after this will need to go to race control in the normal way and pay on the day, all pre payers will just let race control know they are there.

Gates will open now 8.00am.

• Like 1

For anyone staying at the Farnborough Central Travelodge or thereabouts:

PUB!

The plan is to:

meet there around 5pm on the Saturday for a few beers - keeping in mind that it's an early start on the Sunday.

This is the pub: The Alexandra -

http://www.alex-pub.com/

Turn left out of the Travelodge and it looks like a 2 minute walk.

For anyone interested, it should be a cracking evening. I haven't a clue what the pub is like but most pubs these days are pretty good.

J

• Like 1

My holiday buggy is now built and ready for testing for this event. i don,t know how to put a picture up on here ?

For anyone staying at the Farnborough Central Travelodge or thereabouts:

PUB!

The plan is to:

meet there around 5pm on the Saturday for a few beers - keeping in mind that it's an early start on the Sunday.

This is the pub: The Alexandra -

http://www.alex-pub.com/

Turn left out of the Travelodge and it looks like a 2 minute walk.

For anyone interested, it should be a cracking evening. I haven't a clue what the pub is like but most pubs these days are pretty good.

J

I'm travelling from the North on Saturday and staying with family in Surrey on the night, and will travel to the track Sunday morning. So unfortunately I can't make it but it does sound like a cracking evening. :-)

Unfortunately guys I can't make the pub,

I was hoping to skip out on a family party and join you all on the saturday night. But NO joy :(

I'll be there by 7:30am though... Hope that burger van does breakfast's :D:D:D

Well im booked in to the travelodge so WILL make it to the pub..... the big question is can you get done for being drunk in charge of an holiday buggy the next day? :-P

• Like 1

Well im booked in to the travelodge so WILL make it to the pub..... the big question is can you get done for being drunk in charge of an holiday buggy the next day? :-P

driving an RC buggy around a track at speed while hung over will certainly make you want to blow chunks, I can vouch for that :ph34r:

• Like 1

My holiday buggy is now built and ready for testing for this event. i don,t know how to put a picture up on here ?

There's a thread heare about posting pictures;

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=67112

The process is a bit long-winded to start with, i.e. you need a photobucket (or similar) account, but like most things ok once you get into the swing of it.