super gripper

DT02 challange event

I really wish I could attend but I can't get away from work :( It would be great to put faces to names and personally thank those that have offered advice , encouragement and friendship since I started enjoying the forum . This honestly is the friendliest RC forum I have come across . Cheers All .

I hope its a great event with loads of laughs and some fun racing .

I will have spare esc's if you need one as well.

I will bring spare transmitters and receivers (Acoms stuff)

I can bring a std esc you can borrow for the day if its not sorted

You're all superstars in my book, I'm going to try and get my old 27mhz set-up working.. :

DON'T YOU LOT LAUGH AT MY BENT AREIAL :D:D :D

But if that doesn't work, free burger for the guys that get me running :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Super Gripper,

I'm hoping to come down on Sunday and spectate.. is this possible?

If I'm there I'm happy to help out with the day as well.

If you're coming to see us, surely you can race :) there must be a DT02 in your collection by now :)

If you're coming to see us, surely you can race :) there must be a DT02 in your collection by now :)

I've still got a few gaps in my collection believe it or not :huh:

I had never considered the DT02 range, but I really like the H.Bs that have been showcased recently :D

I should sell some more before buying anything else..its getting out of hand again!!

But if this event goes well and another is planned, I will be the 1st in the queue.

• Like 1

Super Gripper,

Grumpy Pants, you and anyone/everyone else are very welcome as a spectator, AND don't forget you can sell/trade stuff too! There is no charge for either of these.

But I'm sorry to reconfirm that there is no option for you running any other car on that day, as the track is busy all day with DT-02's, and the school does not allow the rc club to use any rc stuff anywhere else within the grounds, other than the track only.

But it would be great to see you and any else on the day! Come and find me (or Lee), your help will be very welcome!

Thanks, Simon

Grumpy Pants, I could use some help with someone videoing while I'm in my own races, if you fancy. I plan on setting up a camera on a tripod but would be good for a hand held as well. No worries if not, but just give me a shout if you'd like to help out.

Thanks, J

Super Gripper,

Anybody is welcome to come and spectate. Any help with marshalling will be much appreciated. :D

People who wish to attend and trade that is ok too. - the grassed area directly behind the track will be used for trading as the pitting along the track inside the fence will be limited to those who require power.

Everyone else is to pit on the grassed area.

As I have said before and Simon has reiterated there is no running of any RC models anywhere but on the track.

Only those who have booked in for either of the DT02 classes may use the track.

Anybody is welcome to come and spectate. Any help with marshalling will be much appreciated. :D

People who wish to attend and trade that is ok too. - the grassed area directly behind the track will be used for trading as the pitting along the track inside the fence will be limited to those who require power.

Everyone else is to pit on the grassed area.

As I have said before and Simon has reiterated there is no running of any RC models anywhere but on the track.

Only those who have booked in for either of the DT02 classes may use the track.

So is there still going to be a lunchbox race

So is there still going to be a lunchbox race

yes chap, during the Lunch break :lol:

no lap counting, just for fun. One big race, all boxes go at the same time.

• Like 1

Grumpy Pants, I could use some help with someone videoing while I'm in my own races, if you fancy. I plan on setting up a camera on a tripod but would be good for a hand held as well. No worries if not, but just give me a shout if you'd like to help out.

Thanks, J

Thanks J.W I'd be happy to do that for you, I just need to make the decision to come.

• Like 1

Chaps.

Is anyone bringing a shock brace to sell? Mine hasn't arrived and I don't think it will before the weekend.

Also, is anyone bringing any 19T motors to sell? After my brushless failed, I put a very cheap 20T motor in my Desert Gator and I'm worried it might be rubbish. I'm waiting on a receiver so I'm getting slightly nervous all round about my Gator as it's still not been fired up.

This is the compromise motor I've installed: http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-saturn-20t-motor-540-type-/rc-car-products/14095

Thanks, J

Chaps.

Is anyone bringing a shock brace to sell? Mine hasn't arrived and I don't think it will before the weekend.

Also, is anyone bringing any 19T motors to sell? After my brushless failed, I put a very cheap 20T motor in my Desert Gator and I'm worried it might be rubbish. I'm waiting on a receiver so I'm getting slightly nervous all round about my Gator as it's still not been fired up.

This is the compromise motor I've installed: http://www.modelsport.co.uk/hpi-saturn-20t-motor-540-type-/rc-car-products/14095

Thanks, J

Your HPI 20 turn Saturn is quite a quick motor especially with lipo, don't worry your car will be fine.

You can water dip your new motor to break it in so it will be even faster.

follow this youtube guide

I will have a spare 3Racing carbon front shock brace with me on Sunday.

Chaps.

Thanks, J

I'm only using a 23T motor, looking at this more as a fun meeting than a race meeting with my stadium truck in the modified class....remember not always the fastest car on the straight wins, it's the one that can normally get around the track without crashing and keeping good lines through the corners.

Those 20T Saturns are good motors. They also got a built in fan so make sure the vent holes are not covered by the gearbox.

• Like 1

I'm only using a 23T motor, looking at this more as a fun meeting than a race meeting with my stadium truck in the modified class....remember not always the fastest car on the straight wins, it's the one that can normally get around the trackwithout crashing and keeping good lines through the corners.

Those 20T Saturns are good motors. They also got a built in fan so make sure the vent holes are not covered by the gearbox.

I like your thinking - in order to win you need to finish .

I am agreeing with kevinthegirbil2 on this one.

It is meant to be a fun event, the racing is racing however and at the top end of the mod class it will be good to see some close racing from the racer guys.

Just remember. You have booked in with a skill level - you will only be racing against those of a similar skill level

don't panic Mr Manoring !!

super gripper / kevin the gerbil,

Thanks for the info. I was more worried about the Saturn packing up than the speed. Sounds like it's a good motor, so thanks.

I'm going to do the water thing, simply for the crack. When this was posted up on Iconic it caused a heated debate!

Cheers, J

You can make a brace with a couple of 5mm ball ends and a turnbuckle.

As to speed, its often said that being first into the corner is no good if you cant make it out of the corner..

I will actually book in tonight! Does the track use PT's? If so I can fit ours (Makes it easier on the day).

• Like 1

You can make a brace with a couple of 5mm ball ends and a turnbuckle.

As to speed, its often said that being first into the corner is no good if you cant make it out of the corner..

I will actually book in tonight! Does the track use PT's? If so I can fit ours (Makes it easier on the day).

Yes we are using PT's

there is a place on the booking in form for your PT number.

It is an RC3 decoder system so the MRT PT's still work. I am using Harry's. It is only the Percy's that won't work.

All the standard AMB type PT's will work.

Quick DT02 question, I have eventually got my tyres, however are the star dish wheels a little small? My staggers look quite high profile, and when I put it next to my mates 2WD car then they seem to bit bigger. This also applies to the rear wheels.

I notice some use the astral front and DF03 rear wheels, are they std sizes?

Quick DT02 question, I have eventually got my tyres, however are the star dish wheels a little small? My staggers look quite high profile, and when I put it next to my mates 2WD car then they seem to bit bigger. This also applies to the rear wheels.

I notice some use the astral front and DF03 rear wheels, are they std sizes?

The rear wheels on DT02's are not as wide as DF03 rears mate and TRF501/201 rears are wider still. the best ones for the DT02 are DF03 rears.

The front ones are a hassle too as TRF201 fronts are wide for all non tamiya tires but DT02 ones are slim, you will have to cut down the insdie wall of the tire OR remove the inside rims of the wheel. i only have 1 set of standard tamiya front wheels and they have tamiya tire on for a shelfer all the others are 201 and my 1 pair of alloy rims that are thin anyway.

Do std 201 wheels fit on the DT02? Do they take bearings in them? I have fitted the tyres on the wheels, the fronts are slim staggard with med foams (although should I get Tubby fronts?) also the rear has Schumacher mini spikes (yellow) with tubby inserts and they fit, they just seem a little small.