super gripper

DT02 challange event

I will be bringing a couple of spare 27mhz receivers with me tomorrow.

Also as I said to SRB bloke try to use Brown, Red or Orange as Green and Blue get interference from mobile phones.

Also have you got a suppression kit on your motor ?

I will be bringing a couple of spare 27mhz receivers with me tomorrow.

Also as I said to SRB bloke try to use Brown, Red or Orange as Green and Blue get interference from mobile phones.

Also have you got a suppression kit on your motor ?

Cheers for that.

Unfortunately I only have green and yellow and don't have a suppression kit either.

Ok no worries,

I am going to ask people not to have their mobile phones in their pockets when on the rostrum tomorrow.

This should then help towards people who are on 27mhz have a better chance of no or little interference.

I have one suppression kit to solder on to SRB blokes motor tomorrow, I will see if I have another spare kit for you.

Much appreciated Lee, cheers.

You are in luck, I have found it. My last one.

Please have your motor out of your car ready for me to do the soldering.

Just a thought are you stopping over at the travellodge ??

You are in luck, I have found it. My last one.

Please have your motor out of your car ready for me to do the soldering.

Just a thought are you stopping over at the travellodge ??

Brilliant.

Not staying at Travelodge but am going to the pub tonight for 5:30pm.

Bring your motor with you then please, I can do the soldering when I get back after meeting you all at the wetherspoons.

You can then pop it back in your car in the morning :D

• Like 1

Bring your motor with you then please, I can do the soldering when I get back after meeting you all at the wetherspoons.

You can then pop it back in your car in the morning :D

Cool, will do.

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow , have fun , take lots of photos and don't break too much ;)

• Like 2

Well its all over after months of planning.

Great to see new faces and put names to Tc names.

Plus great to see old faces and catch up.

So the thank you's go out to Simon and John for all the help today plus those who out helped too.

Once again thank you to Simon for the liaison with Fusion Hobbies to get the prizes for the top finishers and concours

Hope you all had a good day and will do it all again next year !

Lots of pictures where taken so I will set up an SIG

• Like 2

It was a great day. Everyone enjoyed themselves and the racing was competitive without being too serious. Thank you to Lee and Simon for organising it. Cant wait to see some of John's photos and video.

Good to meet all the TC members too. Looking forward to next year......:-)

• Like 2

Just got home and what a super day out we had, absolutely awesome.

Once again a big thanks to Lee, Simon and John for all their efforts!

Looking forward to next year already.

• Like 1

Well done to Lee and Simon for there endless effort to get this event on. A great turn out in the end and many Laughs, fun, serious racing and breakages where had by all.

Many thanks guys and to John for taking the pictures and video, looking forward to seeing the results.

Bring on next year - BIGGER motor and more POWERRRRRRR!!!!! next year :D

• Like 1

Chaps. I'll try and get all the photos onto photobucket today.

Epic day and cannot wait for next year's.

My turn to say a HUGE thanks to the guys (and lady judge who picked me).

Lee, Simon and John 'well done', great fun day...... I've realised how bad I am at driving, Plum last in the B final :D:D

I told all you guys that wooden spoon would be mine, and it was :P

Its was great to meet all of you and hopefully next years ;);) event it will be just as cool.

Chaps, can you help me out please? I'm trying to identify the owner of the Orange Top HB and the Lunchbox top right.

Can you also verify I've identified the others correctly? Thanks :)

img30876_30092013083508_1.jpg

• Like 1

was a great day out thanks to Lee and Simon

Well done to Lee and Simon for there endless effort to get this event on. A great turn out in the end and many Laughs, fun, serious racing and breakages where had by all.

Many thanks guys and to John for taking the pictures and video, looking forward to seeing the results.

Bring on next year - BIGGER motor and more POWERRRRRRR!!!!! next year :D

lol Gingerspice more power my sand viper was doing lunchbox impression's on 10.5t brushless with loads of lead in front when it stayed stuck on :)

and thanks to Malcolm for the lead plus can we have him doing commentary next year top bloke :)

Yep, top day out really enjoyed it! Thanks to all involved :)

Got back about 10pm last night with a very tired, but happy son :)

The racing was really good, also really impressed how those cars just kept going.. The HB's all seemed to hold on to their lights!

Quick question, do they sell holiday buggy Body sets? I want one for Max to make up.

(Oh and my cars are all correctly called out on the pic above)

Just got back after this long weekend of RC and visiting family.

I thought the event was brilliant, a resounding success, and well worth all of the effort put into making it happen by Lee and Simon. Congrats & thanks to you both and everyone else who organised it. Next year is a must do, let's just hope the weather is as good.

Thanks once again Lee for saving my bacon with the receiver & motor treatment. Next year I will be more prepared, I might even bring a screwdriver this time. :P

Quite chuffed that I managed to sneak into the A final but even happier that I came away with Holiday Buggy roof pillars still intact. :)

Good to meet you all, the banter was top notch. B)

• Like 1

Ok, for all DT02 attendees (and anyone else interested) I've placed 488 photos here. Attendees, please help yourselves and do what you want with them.

http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/IconicRC/media/2013-09-29%20DT02%20Challenge/DSC_0125_zps62c5883a.jpg.html?sort=2&o=2

Just still photos for now. I still need to tackle the video.

Please let people who may not use this forum know the photos are now available.

It would be great if you can publish these on TC and anywhere else appropriate. Let's face it; we're all busting for another one next year and some good promotion of this year's will help make that happen.

J

• Like 3

I forgot to say and do loads on things on the day, I was too busy enjoying myself with the HB/SR racing!! (and not getting on so well with the modified/open class!).

One thing I MUST say is - a BIG thank you to the bloke who had balls to put the event on in the first place. I know I gave him a hard time (occassionally!).

I'm sure you will agree, big round of applause for SUPER GRIPPER (LEE DAVIES). His persistence paid off in the end!!

• Like 3

A big thanks to all involved in organising the event!

Was unsure whether or not to attend, having never raced before and it being a fair old drive, but am so glad that I did.

Had a great time and met some great people.

Thanks Smitchos for helping me out with the Desert Gator after I broke a rear shock on its first run and also helping to improve its horrendous understeer.

Apologies to all those that I crashed into. I think that was pretty much everyone I raced against!

My suspicions were confirmed. My driving really did suck!

Great to meet you all, and hope there's another event next year!

• Like 2