super gripper

DT02 challange event

Oh dear. I've just realised I ran out of storage space. 97 more photos going on now.

Oh dear. I've just realised I ran out of storage space. 97 more photos going on now.

Keep them coming J, loving it :D Checkout the new topic I just started, you might be interested. B)

A big big thank you to all who turned up for this event. :D

I know a lot of people travelled from far and wide.

I hope more will attend next year and the people who stayed at home can see from John's fantastic pictures how much fun Tamiya DT02 cars actually are. Plus a track is not such a scary place after all.

I hope to make next year's event bigger and better for everyone. :D

Again thank you everyone - it was certainly a pleasure to meet you all.

• Like 1

I hope more will attend next year and the people who stayed at home can see from John's fantastic pictures how much fun Tamiya DT02 cars actually are. Plus a track is not such a scary place after all.

Just make sure there is a burger van. ;)

• Like 1

Hi John. The green lunchbox is mine but I didnt get chance to run it as did a runner to Maccy D's after the burger van let us down. What a top day and my car didnt let me down at all although I have to admit that I may of let the car down with some great crashes..... time time to try and repair the body shell. Big shout to Lee for organising a great days racing and also to all involved in making it fun. I reckon we should look at every 6 months tho instead of annually..... :-D

• Like 3

hi John did you think it strange u had no brake on your hb ?

but had to double tap for forward after reversing esc was wrong way round to motor is a common thing with Chinese esc all mine have been wrong way round

Andy, that must be why I didn't win every round. Same ESC in my Gator. Felt like an MSC but totally didn't realise :wacko:

All - I've run out of photobucket storage with about 30 photos not uploaded. Please take what you need and I'll replace some in a couple of days. Ta

Finally managed to get back to my 'Man Cave' where I got PC internet.

Yesterday was just an excellent day, in the racing and the company of people. Nice to meet some old faces and also put usernames to new faces. We was lucky to have a nice sunny day although in the morning it was a bit chilly and tried to rain.

Both my Sand Rover and Titan went well throughout the day but in the end I had 2 bad finals (My Driving) where I was trying to play 'catch-up' throughout both races.

Sand Rover - During round 2 the 'Sport Tuned' motor was dying on me... I guess a '380' powered Holiday buggy would have passed it on the straight :o . Put a 'Torque Tuned' in and it felt like a different beast, with good speed out of corners! I was surprised that the main body came away with no breakages, just tire scuffs and in the Final completely bent the rear roll bar after the 2 supports broke. Driver and Windscreen was untouched!!! No damage to the Chassis

Titan - I was really surprised how well the car handled out of the box, just ball-raced and a 23T Tamiya Rz Motor, The tyres supplied was just great after a bit of tweaking with the left / right rate of the Servo. Absolutely no damage to the chassis or shell after this meeting.

John W - you got my 2 cars labeled right in the group shot. I forgot to add my Pumpkin to it...Doh!! Excellent pictures you have taken.

Thanks to Lee (Super Gripper), Surrey & Hants club and all the other guys who helped organized it. It was well worth the journey. Congratulations to all the prize winners too.

Here's to a Second meeting next year..... bigger and better and include CW-01's and WR-02's in their own timed races :D

• Like 2

Hi all.

I've viewed all the video footage and, thankfully, it looks ok. 3 different cameras which all look a little different but I'll break it up with still shots.

I'll put the raw video onto Photobucket in a couple of days, along with the rest of the stills which include the presentation. To do that, I'll need to delete the existing content so please take what you need asap because it'll only be there for a couple more days.

Ta, J

• Like 1

Some good news, chaps.

My Iconic co-owner does some work for RC Racer Magazine and he has got the 'ok' from the editor for me to send them an article on the DT02 Challenge. I'll write something big and let them trim it down as appropriate.

It'll be a nice souvenir copy for us all.

:)

• Like 6

Lee, it doesn't seem that long ago when another event next year was definitely not going to happen!!

I'm VERY pleased to see that after the weekend you've done a U turn! I really hope that more people turn up next time. Well, maybe not, otherwise we'll be finishing at 9pm!!!!!

all the best, Simon

• Like 2

Some good news, chaps.

My Iconic co-owner does some work for RC Racer Magazine and he has got the 'ok' from the editor for me to send them an article on the DT02 Challenge. I'll write something big and let them trim it down as appropriate.

Yipppeee! Maybe then we can join the 'Published' SIG!

Top job JW!

• Like 1

Lee, it doesn't seem that long ago when another event next year was definitely not going to happen!!

I'm VERY pleased to see that after the weekend you've done a U turn! I really hope that more people turn up next time. Well, maybe not, otherwise we'll be finishing at 9pm!!!!!

all the best, Simon

My brother-in-law came down to spectate. He wasnt into RC but he was so taken with the whole event I am ordering him a HB tomorrow; he's dead keen to get involved and have a go next year. Add to that, we will be entering a second stock HB next year to go with the one my son raced this year.

So there's an additional two cars :D

• Like 3

Some good news, chaps.

J you are a star, really looking forward to that ...

• Like 1

Chaps. I'm going to clear down all the photos at 21:00 tonight to make room for the presentation photos and some video so please grab what you want quick sharp.

I will make DVDs of all the photos for anyone that wants one.

Also - I submitted the article for RC Racer Magazine today. Deadline missed for the forthcoming so it will be in the following month's.

J

Chaps. I'm going to clear down all the photos at 21:00 tonight to make room for the presentation photos and some video so please grab what you want quick sharp.

I will make DVDs of all the photos for anyone that wants one.

Also - I submitted the article for RC Racer Magazine today. Deadline missed for the forthcoming so it will be in the following month's.

J

Nice one J, looking forward to the video.

• Like 1

Ok, I've uploaded the presentation photos and also 1 raw video as a taster.

http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/IconicRC/library/2013-09-29%20DT02%20Challenge?sort=3&page=1

This weekend, I'll try and make the compilation video for YouTube. I'm still struggling to figure the legalities of music copyright on YouTube videos and it's doing my head in. :wacko: . I never usually use music but the compilation video will need it.

Once I've sorted the compilation video, I'll offer all photos, compilation, raw video to any attendees who want them on DVD.

Thanks, J

• Like 1

Ok, I've uploaded the presentation photos and also 1 raw video as a taster.

http://s1303.photobucket.com/user/IconicRC/library/2013-09-29%20DT02%20Challenge?sort=3&page=1

This weekend, I'll try and make the compilation video for YouTube. I'm still struggling to figure the legalities of music copyright on YouTube videos and it's doing my head in. :wacko: . I never usually use music but the compilation video will need it.

Once I've sorted the compilation video, I'll offer all photos, compilation, raw video to any attendees who want them on DVD.

Thanks, J

Thanks for that J.

Really looking forward to the DVD's... and interested to hear what music you might add :D

Really jealous of all you guys - just couldn't get the time away! Will do my best to attend next year :)

Excellent write up Craig :D

please add the front shock brace to the permitted mods on the stock class.

Glad your lad had a good day, it was nice to see he was chuffed with his prize for winning the B final stock class. :D

Not sure we will permit brushless next year ?? but we shall see.

Excellent write up Craig :D

please add the front shock brace to the permitted mods on the stock class.

Glad your lad had a good day, it was nice to see he was chuffed with his prize for winning the B final stock class. :D

Not sure we will permit brushless next year ?? but we shall see.

Yep, will amend it mate.

Personally I think brushless should remain. Brushed stuff makes it all seem very old hat for the mod cars. As was proven on the day, their is no real advantage (If anything its a disadvantage) but its good to have the choice.