super gripper

DT02 challange event

Yep, will amend it mate.

Personally I think brushless should remain. Brushed stuff makes it all seem very old hat for the mod cars. As was proven on the day, their is no real advantage (If anything its a disadvantage) but its good to have the choice.

thank you chap.

people did have to turn the power down on them to make the car more controllable.

Plus brushed motors did take the top two positions in the A final. :D

choice is always good, maybe if the take up on the event is better next year more brushless cars will be entered.

thank you chap.

people did have to turn the power down on them to make the car more controllable.

Plus brushed motors did take the top two positions in the A final. :D

choice is always good, maybe if the take up on the event is better next year more brushless cars will be entered.

turn the power off was about the only way with my brushless rig was adjusting epa and speed and the expo in the final and the thing was still wheelie at full stick on the main strait

Fun and games with the video.

I've made a 22 minute compilation and I'm trying to save it before I put music on it. My laptop bombs at approx 85% and my PC bombs at approx 93%. It's a memory issue. Both have 4GB and it just isn't enough. I'm giving it one last try and then I'll order another 4GB of memory for the PC which should sort it.

Because of this issue, It's now looking likely that it'll be next weekend before the video is ready. If I can manage to save without music, the save with music will be more resource intensive (maybe).

J

• Like 1

I've made a 22 minute compilation and I'm trying to save it before I put music on it. My laptop bombs at approx 85% and my PC bombs at approx 93%. It's a memory issue. Both have 4GB and it just isn't enough. I'm giving it one last try and then I'll order another 4GB of memory for the PC which should sort it.

Because of this issue, It's now looking likely that it'll be next weekend before the video is ready. If I can manage to save without music, the save with music will be more resource intensive (maybe).

J

There is no rush John,

everyone appreciates your time and effort. :D:D:D:D

Please do take your time, I am sure people will be happy to wait.

Music is the way to go and having tried them myself I understand how much time and effort goes in to them.

J

Don't you worry John, I'm sure everyone is happy to wait.. we all appreciate all your effort...

Cheers Lee/Steve.

More memory ordered. Taken a risk by not going for a matched pair but it was a much cheaper option.

Back in the match! Just saved it down a resolution and it still looks ok on a big monitor so I'm going to press on and add some music. A chance yet for it to make YouTube today :)

• Like 1

Back in the match! Just saved it down a resolution and it still looks ok on a big monitor so I'm going to press on and add some music. A chance yet for it to make YouTube today :)

Now you're just teasing us... :D:D

Ok.

Video uploaded to youtube and immediately blocked because it detected copyright music (Kaiser Chiefs). My patience has run out for this weekend so I'll try again in the week.

Good news is, I'll put the Kaiser Chiefs version onto a DVD, along with all the photos, for any attendee that wants it.

• Like 1

Me again.

I can't let this alone so I've found some royalty free music (it aint the best) and there should be a video online tonight :)

• Like 1

Me again.

I can't let this alone so I've found some royalty free music (it aint the best) and there should be a video online tonight :)

Man on a mission; top stuff John!

• Like 1

Ok guys, here's the Video with 'safe' music. I will send a DVD (no charge) to attendees with the Kaiser Chiefs music and all the photos.

Please PM me if you want one.

• Like 5

Wow this is cool. Wish I could have been a part of this! If not for the fact im in Singapore. ..

I'm burning DVDs, chaps. If you want one, PM me your address. I've squeezed on all photos plus 3 versions of the compilation video - No music, Royalty Free music and Kaiser Chiefs music.

If you know and like 'Modern Way' by the Chiefs, you need this DVD :)

• Like 1

A big thank you to SuperGripper for rebuilding my 3Racing shocks, which emptied themselves at the Challenge and left my car bouncing around everywhere by the end of the day. He's put the perfect shock oil weight in, used better diaphragms and used slime. He also suggested I use softer springs so I have.

A big thank you also to Qatmix for the tuning tips. Great article on The RC Racer - http://www.thercracer.com/2013/10/tamiya-dt02-guide-mods-tuning-and-tips.html

Since the event, I've lengthened the wheelbase by turning over the front arms and I've installed the Tamiya Carbon Front Shock Mount/Brace. I've also installed a 9T Brushless :D

I love this buggy to bits. :wub:

img30876_02112013160959_1.jpg

I love this buggy to bits. :wub:

img30876_02112013160959_1.jpg

Yes, and it's easy to see why this won the concourse event; the paint is stunning and really makes the car stand out. Well played John!

I have become a big fan of the DT-02 following the 2013 challenge. A fine entry level buggy out of the box, it has the potential to be so much more with all the option parts available combined with the excellent knowledge and advice from Super Gripper and Gatmix.

I think the 2013 Challenge generated some genuine interest and excitement in the UK for racing this platform. The anticipation for an event next year is palpable. Lets hope it happens and can be even bigger next year :) .

• Like 2

I agree - there is a lot to be said for racing a basic affordable one-make series. I used to race at a club that was pretty much founded on the TT01 touring class, and the DT02 is very much the TT01 of the 2WD buggy world. This could be the start of something great!

I've seen the DT02 Challenge article in RC Racer. The magazine has done us proud. It hits the shelves next week.

J

• Like 1

RC Racer January 2014 is now on the shelves. I hope the attendees like the report.

Available online too.

• Like 1