super gripper

DT02 challange event

If this wasn't well over a 1000miles round trip for me I might have been very interested :( God why do I stay soooo far north :(James:S

Yup ill be in Aberdeen too... granted i was gonna fly from Malta to race but life has gitren complex so i probably wont make it this year either ... i have a lovley DT02 jusg fkr this event too. Maybe we can do a scottish event at stonehaven hehe...

Only a month to go now :D

just a quick note for people entering the standard class .. Holiday Buggy/Sand Rover KIT wheels and tires ONLY B)

Question:

Can the Spot lights be removed from the Front and/or Roof on Holiday Buggies in the Standard Class? Also the Spot lights on the Sand Rover.

Thanks.

the spot lights must be present if entering the concourse but may be removed afterwards ready for the racing.

it is inevitable some parts may get broken off during the racing although the spot lights on my Sand Rover lasted the meeting last year :D

Will the concourse be split between Mod cars and Standard cars this year?

I'll make the spotlight rule clear on Iconic because I know of at least 2 guys not wanting to fit them and then probably won't enter the concourse.

Ta.

post-41593-1409431317215_thumb.jpg

A busted front axel on the B4 means some unplanned practice on the Sand Rover tomorrow at Seaham. Should be quite a giggle seeing it up against Yokomos, Associateds & Shumachers!!!

• Like 1

they always bring smiles when out just fun to race even if you have no chance of winning :)

they always bring smiles when out just fun to race even if you have no chance of winning :)

Haha yes plenty of smiles last night, the car handled well (for a Stock DT-02), but the smiles faded after round 2 when either a busted esc or motor put paid to the evenings racing :-(

Not sure where the problem is so will need to get on the tools to sort it ASAP...

• Like 1

Just a quick reminder ..........

Booking in will close one week prior to the event. This will allow me time to get all the trophies sorted and ready B)

• Like 1

Concourse.

Will this be split between Standard and Modified Classes?

You've said that Spotlights have to be present for concourse. What about Fuel Cans (on the sides of the HB) ?

It would be good to have concourse eligibility clearly laid out so no one is disappointed on the day. I've seen some excellent designs already for the Standard Class.

Thanks, J

Without going back through pages and pages on this Thread, Are we having a wheely race during the Lunchbreak this year? I just need to know so I can find the Pumpkin.

Getting closer chaps :D

this year is going to be bigger and better :D

A few things to note :- Dads of the Juniors. You will be marshalling the Juniors heat (Juniors will not do any marshalling) - this is a safety issue so the Juniors stay off the track.

Trophies :- there will be trophies for the top three in all classes and medals for the other places.

ALL Juniors will get a trophy :D I feel this is important as they are our future.

Please make sure people you bring spares, there will be a shop selling tires and inserts for the Mod class but no local shops stock DT02 spares ............... please bring your own.

Lipo's :- MUST BE HARD CASE.

There will be limited power supplies so those that have a 12 volt car battery for charging please bring it.

Any questions guys please ask sooner rather than later.

Booking in will be cut off one week prior to the event.

• Like 1

Hi Lee,

Does that mean that Dads will have to Marshall two heats; the juniors and the heat following their own heat?

This could well be the case yes, the people doing two classes will have to marshal two heats as well.

Although as I know Charlie is now BRCA he can marshal.

We can sort out on the day any marshalling clashes once the heat listings are up.

30 Holiday Buggies / Sand Rovers entered into the Stock Class!

That is going to be some title win for someone!

But who......? :)

• Like 2

That's 33 entrants now in the Standard class :D

the means there will now be an A, B, C and D final B)

6 in the Juniors :ph34r: anymore ?

Only one week left to book in .......................

• Like 1

Hi,

Booked my son in over the weekend...we're both very new to R/C - we built our first car (Holiday Buggy 2010 Red Edition) over the bank holiday weekend this August.

I've got a 540 Sport Tuned motor on the way from eBay this week and hope to fit it (to replace the stock 340 motor) over the coming weekend and also get out on our local BMX track for a bit of practice.

At the moment we have one 2400mH 7.2v stick pack - how many additional batteries do you think I'll need with me to get my son through all the races?

Also...

I'd like to enter myself into the "Stock" class as well (son is in the Juniors as he's only 6 and a total beginner like me!)...we only have the one car at the moment so we would be sharing it - my question is:

How many fully charged batteries do you think I would need to make it through the day if we're both sharing the same car?

I'll bring my charger with me but it takes 2.5 hours to charge our battery...I also don't know how much of an effect on run-time the faster motor will have...

Very excited to be part of this event though - seems like it will be a great introduction to the sport! :)

RC-Dad,

just sent you a PM

sorry Lee - I didn't see - your post landing only minutes before!

Hi,

Booked my son in over the weekend...we're both very new to R/C - we built our first car (Holiday Buggy 2010 Red Edition) over the bank holiday weekend this August.

I've got a 540 Sport Tuned motor on the way from eBay this week and hope to fit it (to replace the stock 340 motor) over the coming weekend and also get out on our local BMX track for a bit of practice.

At the moment we have one 2400mH 7.2v stick pack - how many additional batteries do you think I'll need with me to get my son through all the races?

Also...

I'd like to enter myself into the "Stock" class as well (son is in the Juniors as he's only 6 and a total beginner like me!)...we only have the one car at the moment so we would be sharing it - my question is:

How many fully charged batteries do you think I would need to make it through the day if we're both sharing the same car?

I'll bring my charger with me but it takes 2.5 hours to charge our battery...I also don't know how much of an effect on run-time the faster motor will have...

Very excited to be part of this event though - seems like it will be a great introduction to the sport! :)

For your first go at racing you don't need to be worrying about batteries so I think your best bet is to have as many charged up and ready as possible.

You may have already been offered some but I'm happy to lend you about 4 charged NiMhs. Just please remind me nearer the time if you need them so I remember to bring them.