super gripper

DT02 challange event

Can I check that the Kumamon Buggy is valid for the stock class as it is just the Sand Rover with a different driver.

yes the Kumamon Buggy is permitted, it is only a Sand Rover with a different driver so there are no issues :D

• Like 1

Looking to book in with my boys again, but can I ask what is the age limit for a junior racer ?

Cheers

Looking to book in with my boys again, but can I ask what is the age limit for a junior racer ?

Cheers

14 is the age limit on a junior. hopefully there will be two junior heats this year ........... B)

• Like 1

I have none left sorry, try huntersystems.co.uk

I cant even find them on their site. They do not even have a contact email address.. Oh well I will try to make one myself :)

I'm booked in. Only doing stock this year so my Nissan Titan won't be making an appearance.

The last couple of years you could see the drivers list and see if your entry has been approved. I can't find that on the clubs webpage this year.

Burger van is booked :D

I am only running in the DT03 heat so I have more time to get around and see people this year B)

shrccc has revamped their track so we will have a new layout and new humps, jumps and bumps, tires people used in the mod class last year are still good and after JW's top event weekend just gone more of you now know how important being on the right tire is ................

I'm really sorry chaps, BUT PLEASE FIND NEW RULES. I'm sorry but we found a couple of issues plus there's new models recently, so we've compiled up-dated rules. PLEASE CAN YOU CHECK THEM. Thanks!

RULES

TAMIYA DT-02/3 CHALLENGE 2015

These construction rules are here simply ensure fair competition and of course encourage enjoyment for ALL. We therefore ask you to respect them.

RULES APPLYING TO:- STANDARD (‘Holiday Buggy / Sand Rover’) CLASS

1) Only - 2010 Holiday Buggy (Blue or Red body) - 2011 Sand Rover – Street Rover – RC Buggy Kumamon Version (DT-02 Chassis) cars may be entered.

All other DT-02 models/body-shells are specifically excluded from this class, and therefore will be automatically entered into the ‘Open/Modified’ class.

2) MOTORS – there is a choice of motors (factory sealed can only) where strictly limited to using:-

i. Any Tamiya kit supplied ‘silver can’ 540 motor.

ii. The Tamiya ‘Sport Tuned’ 540 motor.

iii. The Tamiya ‘Torque’ Tuned 540 motor.

IN ALL CASES THE MOTOR MUST BE COMPLETELY AS STANDARD, IT MUST NOT HAVE BEEN OPENED NOR HAVE THE FACTORY TIMING TAMPERED WITH IN ANYWAY.

The use of heat sinks to cool the motor is permitted and/or 'cut-away' / 'drilling' of existing outer rear gearbox motor covering to allow better airflow around motor is also allowed.

3) Additional items / components cannot be added to the car (such as second motors or larger external bumpers etc.) unless clearly stated otherwise herewith.

4) All standard kit parts must be used, unless specific allowance is stated herein. The use/exchange of parts (including wheels/tyres etc etc), or use/exchange of stronger parts/hop-ups (alloys, carbon etc) is strictly forbidden, whether the parts are the same design or not.

5) Front shock tower braces are permitted (3Racing, Carson, Tamiya).

6) BODYSHELL - The body-shell must be securely fastened at all times. This can be decorated by the user, but please ensure that decoration is not offensive.

7) RADIO GEAR - Any commercially available radio control gear conforming to UK law can be used (either frequency of 27MHz, 40MHz or 2.4GHz).

Where 27Mhz and 40Mhz is intended for use, please be prepared by having a choice of frequencies available on the day, and inform the Race Director when booking in at race control as to the use.

8) SPEED CONTROLLERS - Any commercially available speed controller (suited to operating the MOTORS listed) can be used.

9) BATTERY PACK - Any commercially available but only 7.2v Sub C sized NiCd/NiMH, or equivalent 7.4v (2S) HARD CASED LiPo battery packs are permitted. For safety reasons, battery packs must have electrical connectors fitted that can be disconnected quickly by a marshall if required during a race, i.e. battery packs must NOT be ‘hard wired’ to the speed-controller.

10) To allow competitive racing, a computerised timing system will be used. Using your own personal lap-counting transponders is encouraged, but otherwise a set of ‘hand-out’ type will be available on the day. Those using hand-outs, please make provision for their suitable secure fastening within and under the car’s body-shell. Regarding queries as to transponders, i.e. sizes of hand-outs and PT compatibility/make queries, please refer to the Race Director for more information.

11) SUSPENSION – replacement oil shock absorbers are allowed, as long as a direct replacement / fit onto the standard chassis. Alternative springs and shock oils are permitted.

12) GEARS – differing gear ratios / pinion gears are permitted (17 & 19 tooth pinions). All other gears/components within the gearbox must remain as standard, i.e. standard spur gear and bevel differential must be maintained (the use of a ball differential and/or UJ drive shafts is forbidden).

13) BALL-RACES – replacement ball-races / bearings / bushes are permitted.

14) WHEELS & TYRES – Any wheels &/or tyres combinations can be used, but strictly limited to those provided within standard kits as listed in Point 1) above ONLY.

15) WATER-PROOFING – Water-proofing of equipment is permitted, including fitment of the ‘Hunter Systems’ chassis cover.

DT02 Chassis Open (Modified) Class

This class must be in full compliance with: GENERAL RULES APPLYING TO STANDARD Holiday Buggy / Sand Rover CLASS as above, but with the following amendments (a-g) allowed and taking precedence as applicable.

a) Open to using any of the past or current Tamiya DT-02 based standard kit models.

‘Truck/truggy’ versions are permitted, including use of the bodyshell, but no use of over-sized ‘monster truck’ wheels/tyres is allowed. 1/10th scale size ‘buggy’ wheels/tyres must be used – please see Point d) below.

B)Open to using any body-shell from any past or current Tamiya DT-02 based standard kit model ONLY.

c) Car must use the Tamiya DT-02 chassis and gearbox (but DT-02 geared diff or DT-02 ball diff are permitted).

d) Any tyre and/or any wheel from any manufacturer are permitted (but regular 1/10th scale ‘buggy’ sizes only – over-sized ‘monster’ truck tyres/wheels are not permitted.

e) Car must use the kit standard Tamiya DT-02 chassis plate and gearbox, where (only commercially available) hop ups are permitted, ie Tamiya, 3racing, GPM, Yeah-Racing, Carson, etc. This maybe additional items such anti-roll bars, or simply replacement stronger components (still keeping same chassis design/layout).

Please note the following parts listed below are NOT PERMITTED to be changed to an alloy material (but other materials can be used):-

a. Shock towers

b. Suspension arms

Bumpers are not to be changed, they MUST remain as standard kit items.

f) BRUSHED MOTORS - any commercially available BRUSHED ‘540 size’ motor with 19 turns or more (any 19 turn specification and any manufacturer allowed), combined with any commercially available electronic speed controller (from any manufacturer) to suit is allowed.

g) BRUSH-LESS MOTORS - any commercially available BRUSH-LESS ‘540 size’ motor with 10.5 turns or more (any manufacturer allowed), combined with any commercially available electronic speed controller (from any manufacturer) to suit is allowed. HOWEVER – equipment that allows advance/timing via the ESC is specifically forbidden.

RULES APPLYING TO DT-03 CLASS

i. Only cars that are based upon the Tamiya DT-03 chassis maybe used, any past or current standard kit model.

‘Truck/truggy’ versions are permitted, including use of the bodyshell, but no use of over-sized ‘monster truck’ wheels/tyres is allowed. 1/10th scale size ‘buggy’ wheels/tyres must be used – please see Point xiv) below.

ii. MOTORS: a choice of ‘brushed’ or ‘brushless’ motors maybe fitted, within the limitations as follows:

a) BRUSHED MOTORS - any commercially available BRUSHED ‘540 size’ motor with 19 turns or more (any 19 turn specification and any manufacturer allowed), combined with any commercially available electronic speed controller (from any manufacturer) to suit is allowed.

B)BRUSH-LESS MOTORS - any commercially available BRUSH-LESS ‘540 size’ motor with 10.5 turns or more (any manufacturer allowed), combined with any commercially available electronic speed controller (from any manufacturer) to suit is allowed. HOWEVER – equipment that allows advance/timing via the ESC is specifically forbidden.

The use of heat sinks to cool the motor is permitted and/or 'cut-away' / 'drilling' of existing outer rear gearbox motor covering to allow better airflow around motor is also allowed.

iii. Additional items / components cannot be added to the car (such as second motors or larger external bumpers etc.) unless clearly stated otherwise herewith.

iv. Car must use the kit standard Tamiya DT-03 chassis plate and gearbox, where (only commercially available) hop ups are permitted, ie Tamiya, 3racing, GPM, Yeah-Racing, Carson, etc. This maybe additional items such anti-roll bars, or simply replacement stronger components (still keeping same chassis design/layout).

Please note the following parts listed below are NOT PERMITTED to be changed to an alloy material (but other materials can be used):-

a. Shock towers

b. Suspension arms

Bumpers are not to be changed, they MUST remain as standard kit items.

v. BODYSHELL - The body-shell must be securely fastened at all times. This can be decorated by the user, but please ensure that decoration is not offensive. Open to using any body-shell from any past or current Tamiya DT-03 based standard kit models ONLY.

vi. RADIO GEAR - Any commercially available radio control gear conforming to UK law can be used (either frequency of 27MHz, 40MHz or 2.4GHz).

Where 27Mhz and 40Mhz is intended for use, please be prepared by having a choice of frequencies available on the day, and inform the Race Director when booking in at race control as to the use.

vii. SPEED CONTROLLERS - Any commercially available speed controller (suited to operating the MOTORS listed) can be used.

viii. BATTERY PACK - Any commercially available but only 7.2v Sub C sized NiCd/NiMH, or equivalent 7.4v (2S) HARD CASED LiPo battery packs are permitted. For safety reasons, battery packs must have electrical connectors fitted that can be disconnected quickly by a marshal if required during a race, i.e. battery packs must NOT be ‘hard wired’ to the speed-controller.

ix. To allow competitive racing, a computerised timing system will be used. Using your own personal lap-counting transponders is encouraged, but otherwise a set of ‘hand-out’ type will be available on the day. Those using hand-outs, please make provision for their suitable secure fastening within and under the car’s body-shell. Regarding queries as to transponders, i.e. sizes of hand-outs and PT compatibility/make queries, please refer to the Race Director for more information.

x. SUSPENSION – replacement shock absorbers are allowed, as long as a direct replacement / fit onto the standard chassis. Alternative springs and shock oils are permitted.

xi. GEARBOX/GEARS – Car must use the Tamiya DT-03 chassis and gearbox. Differing gear ratios / pinion gears are permitted (17 & 19 tooth pinions). The use of commercially available replacement ball differentials and/or UJ drive shafts are also allowed, otherwise, all other gears/components within the gearbox must remain as standard.

xii. BALL-RACES – replacement ball-races / bearings / bushes are permitted.

xiii. WATER-PROOFING – Water-proofing of equipment is permitted.

xiv. Any tyre and/or any wheel from any manufacturer are permitted (but regular 1/10th scale ‘buggy’ sizes only – over-sized ‘monster’ truck tyres/wheels are not permitted).

hello everyone,

could those who have tried to book in on the shrccc web site but having difficulties please contact me

thanks chaps

Hi All, the issues concerning PayPal and the S&HRCC club web-site for booking-in have now (hopefully!) been resolved.

PLEASE CAN YOU CHECK THE DRIVERS LISTING ON THE WEB-SITE FOR YOUR NAME. If you don't see your name listed, please check your PayPal, and if its 'pending/unclaimed' or similar statement, cancel that PayPal payment and then re-enter the event again.

The drivers names list will be up-dated every day hopefully, so please allow time to appear. If you still have problems, contact SUPER GRIPPER as above.

http://www.shrccc.co.uk/calendar/20150927/tamiya-dt02-challenge.html

I may come along to this, but as a spectator, be nice to meet you guys and watch the racing, maybe do a bit of filming perhaps..

just a quick note on BRCA membership .................please read B)

every individual must have their own personal membership, there is no such thing as family membership

plus just because an adult has membership it doesn't mean the junior is covered

a junior must have his or her own membership

please make sure this is taken care of as we do not want to be turning people away on the day but we will :o sorry but rules are rules

and safety is paramount

more on the lunchtime wheelie race ................

We have every intention of a 'wheelie race' at lunchtime, BUT, that is totally based upon time permitting only, its not guaranteed. The intended race is for Tamiya Lunchbox/Pumpkin/WR type chassis cars only, no other chassis or makes (i.e. no Schumacher Wildcat, Marui etc). The format of the race is to be confirmed, but we are considering having small teams, with a 'relay' / 'team-tag' style format.

I must re-iterate, entry into the wheelie race is only open to booked DT-02/3 event drivers only (i.e. those who have pre-booked and paid, with confirmed BRCA as above).

The track is only open for use by booked-in DT-02/3 drivers only, and the use of DT-02/3/wheelie cars only. No other persons, or other cars are permitted to use the track on this event day.

The school does not allow any use of rc cars at all within their surrounding grounds.

Fantastic to see this years entry numbers trumping last years :D

There are only a few days left to get yourself booked in if you plan on attending ......

• Like 1

Ok people, thank you to all those who booked in on time.
The wheelie event at lunchtime has always only been a bit of fun.
So this year we will be having a tag team event.
Pick your partner and race as teams of two.
Basically you do one lap and tag your partner in the designated area and then they do one lap and so it will continue for ten minutes....

Only Tamiya wheelie cars are permitted.

​

well folks, less than a week to go :D

I went to the track last night and checked it out. Quite a few changes from last year but nothing difficult.

Be there from about half 7, gates to the pitting area will open at 8.

Drivers briefing and concourse til about 0845 and then marshalled practice in your heats at 0900.

• Like 1

Ok chaps, I have just been speaking to our race controller. It is all going to be very tight this year with time.

Can we all please make sure we are there on time .........

plus once the gates open, park your cars in the pitting area and put your cars on the table top for the concourse and pictures.

then straight to race control for booking in.

drivers briefing and ay questions ...... and then >

we will be having a very short open practice and then straight in to the heats.

​

• Like 1

Another great event at Surrey & Hants track.

Massive thanks to Lee, Simon and all the guys from SHRCC..... I can't believe we have such great weather every year. :) :)

For those of you who don't know my history at this event, its not be great. Every year I am plum last :( this year was no exception. Its always the same things 'electrical problems/interference'.

Every year I buy a completely new set up, motor, esc, servo, tx, rx and batteries. This year I managed to complete 3 full heats before the problems started (nothing was even touched in the car) but after that they came back with vengance. So in the last heat and final I barely got past the first corner.

So I packed everything away and I think thats it for me.

Then when I got to work this morning I took the car out of the boot, just turned it on UNTOUCHED from yesterday. And you guessed it, it ran like a dream. I put two more batteries through it straight after each other.. Not one glich.....how can I try and mend something that doesn't happen when I run it.

Does anyone think the hand out PT's could be upsetting my system and why does it only happen now and then... ????

I've just added up everything I've spent over the past 3 years and its over £500, to try and run in one event. I don't race any other times so I think it may be its time to hang up my hat.

If anyone can help with the answer? I'll try once more, if not I think maybe I should listen to the gods..

fingers crossed for the answer :)

Steve, there were other entrants suffering from interference issues yesterday (Rich, Liam, The Doc). No one could pin point why but someone did mention it's a good idea not to have Mobile Phones on the rostrum.

One chap had issues in just one corner of the track. Another on another section of the track. It was strange. I've not had this at the Revival and most run GHz at that event to.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know it wasn't just you.

What a fantastic day and well run event. I'll get the Race Report submitted to Racer Magazine asap and will post on here when it's available.

I'll upload all of the photos onto Iconic tonight.

Well done Lee, Simon and SHRCCC.

Its run adjacent to a school, so I'm guessing wifi is all over the place, between that and mobile phones etc I'm guessing there's no easy fix. :(

Good to see you Steve,

with all the 2.4ghz flying around it certainly makes me very glad I held on to all my 40mhz stuff !

get yourself a good 40mhz set and see if all your pain goes away ............... I bet it does :D​

​