super gripper

DT02 challange event

Thanks Lee, 40mhz is an idea..

I was looking at a Spektrum DX6i, my thinking was something designed for aircraft should have better transmitting and receiving technology than a cheap 2 channel unit..

Any thoughts any one.

the 40mhz route is being taken by more and more people as the 2.4 world is ever increasinly saturated.

with wifi and mobiles and all the other 2.4 junk flying around people are looking back at all those fantastic 40mhz sets they sold.

More expensive sets such as Sanwa and Futaba are the way to go. But they are not totally immune to the 2.4 junk flying around.

You will get lots of people on here 'well my Spectrum doesn't get affected' - usually from the ones who never even venture near a race track !

Try searching on ebay for a Samwa Gemini 2

Cheers Lee..

I've found one.. £150... quite a lot to enter one race a year... but if I knew it cured my problems I'd be very tempted...

We race using Gemini X (2.4ghz) and never have any bother. Recently discontinued so prices will initially drop and you should be able to pick up a used TRX & RX for under £100. They don't often come up on eBay so try oople.

We have also used Sanwa Gemini 2, also good & you should be able to get a used set for under £50 easy.

As you say it's a lot for one meet. You need to start racing more! 😀

I have the Gemini X for my trf502x but all my others are 40mhz.

yes agreed, you need to race more :D

Charlie went well on Sunday, after the initial pile up off the table top I think it was he was the back end of the field. his driving skills shone through as he made his way back to the front. It was a top drive.

• Like 2

I'd better get saving.......... :)

Lee, you're right about Charlie. I was really impressed by his driving. I was gutted for him when he didn't finish his Mod final..

I think he could be a star in the future.

• Like 1

Another excellent video and great day. Looks like you had the weather again too! I keep telling myseft next year, next year I'll attend. Need to get a DT-02 or 2 first though. In the mean time, keep it up!

The DT02 challenge is back for it's 4th year :D

Early conformation by shrccc after another mega event last year, means the 2016 date is now set for the 25th September

Get your hotel booked early for best prices. I think most people stay in the Farnborough travelodge.

• Like 4

Excellent News...Shall I bring the Nissan Titan out of retirement and modify it for Brushless for the Mod class?

10.5 limit on the brushless and blinky mode only

All the rules. etc the same as last year?  I notice this isn't on the SHRCCC club calendar yet, only details I can find are of last year's event (unless I'm looking in the wrong place).

the date has been set as the 25th of September and agreed with shrccc, it was shrccc who approached me this year so they are keen to keep the event :)

no new rule changes from last year. 

• Like 1

Booking in for this years Tamiya DT02 challenge is now open .............

bookinDT02@hotmail.com

£12 per class, 

Juniors (DT02 stock)

DT02 stock

DT02 Mod

DT03 Mod

when paying via paypal please add in the message section your, Name, BRCA number, class entered, skill level and pt number

Hi guys and gals. 

We normally hear if there's a DT02 event by Feb. Is there any news if there's a 2017 event. 

I missed last years 😩

On 12 March 2017 at 6:29 PM, SRB Bloke said:

Hi guys and gals. 

We normally hear if there's a DT02 event by Feb. Is there any news if there's a 2017 event. 

I missed last years 😩

Steve, posted on FB in the UK Tamiya DT group...

A little bit of an update from Lee Davies who organises the DT02 challenge. for all thoes interested in the event at SHRCCC. This years event will be held on the 24th of September. 
  DT02 and DT03 chassis will run together in modified class. New for this year will be a DT01 Mad Bull specific class and this years support race will be Hotshot/Bigwig gearbox/chassis variant buggys. Holiday Buggy/Sand Rover stock class will remain unchanged.Rules and regulations will follow soon. Many thanks Andy F.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jedward said:

Steve, posted on FB in the UK Tamiya DT group...

A little bit of an update from Lee Davies who organises the DT02 challenge. for all thoes interested in the event at SHRCCC. This years event will be held on the 24th of September. 
  DT02 and DT03 chassis will run together in modified class. New for this year will be a DT01 Mad Bull specific class and this years support race will be Hotshot/Bigwig gearbox/chassis variant buggys. Holiday Buggy/Sand Rover stock class will remain unchanged.Rules and regulations will follow soon. Many thanks Andy F.

Cheers Buddy, I don't get on with facebook

Might join in this year

Just a heads up to all who are thinking of coming to this years Tamiya DT Challenge ....................

There will no longer be hand out transponders, you will need to buy your own personal transponder.

We have been able to cater for people previously with hand out transponders for the past four years, they are now no longer available. They were very old and were on there last legs.

The Revival and other events also require you to purchase your own transponders.

Update :- New for this year

Tamiya DT01 Madbull heat.

Rules, ballraces, oil shocks, kit or dump trick tyres and torque tuned motor.

Support class :- Tamiya Hotshot, Bigwig, Super Sabre, Boomerang, Hotshot 2 and Supershot class. 

Rules. Torque Tuned, Sport Tuned or GT Tuned motors. Any Tamiya hop ups. Kit tyres or 2" Schumacher yellow blocks.

As per the rules for all classes - No alloy bumpers, shock towers or wish bones.