super gripper

DT02 challange event

A reminder about Saturday evening for those in and around Farnborough.

We are meeting here from about 17:15 for some beers: http://www.alex-pub.com/

4 of us (at least) are meeting in the Travelodge reception first and then taking a walk there. Looks like a 2 minute walk.

I haven't a clue what the pub is like. It's just the most convenient one. I'm hoping it's ok.

If you're planning on going to the pub a bit later than 17:00, get my mobile number off me, in case we decide to move on. (I'm sure it'll be fine)

I do like my beer but I hope to be gone from the pub by 21:00 so I'm fresh for the morning! :)

Cheers, J

My wife takes the mic out of my RC hobby quite a lot and doesn't understand my enthusisum.

But she agreed to buy me this for my birthday (Monday just gone)

So there will be no mistaking who I'm, and makes me an easy target... ;)

Tshirtfront_zpsa01c52aa.jpg

Tshirtback_zps021e1054.jpg

• Like 5

Nice one Mrs SRB Bloke!

Well the car is loaded (MPV not DT-02) and we are ready to roll. Will be travelling down tomorrow evening and staying with family in Surrey, school reunion on Saturday and the highlight of the weekend on Sunday. Can't make the pub Saturday, but hope you all have a good evening for those going!

Hoping to get to the track for 8am.

Looking forward to it.

Hi guys,

I've just got forwards and reverse working and now the steering is working ok... there's me thinking yeah!!!!!!!!!

But all of a sudden when the car was approx 5m from the Tx the steering servo started to twitch then 7m away the wheels went in to full reverse, walk back closer to the TX and problems stop.. :( .

I've changed the crystals 3 times and the batteries in the handset are showing all 3 lights lit up. Plus the receiver is brand new.

Any ideas..?

Hi guys,

I've just got forwards and reverse working and now the steering is working ok... there's me thinking yeah!!!!!!!!!

But all of a sudden when the car was approx 5m from the Tx the steering servo started to twitch then 7m away the wheels went in to full reverse, walk back closer to the TX and problems stop.. :( .

I've changed the crystals 3 times and the batteries in the handset are showing all 3 lights lit up. Plus the receiver is brand new.

Any ideas..?

Transmitter Ariel extended and not damaged? No Break in receiver Ariel ( I know you said it's new)? Receiver Ariel not bundled up in car? best to put it in a tube going out of the car. Remember TX crystals are for Transmitter, RX are for Receiver. You using 27 or 40 MHz? and make sure the crystals are correct for your radio ie AM or FM.

Transmitter Ariel extended and not damaged? No Break in receiver Ariel ( I know you said it's new)? Receiver Ariel not bundled up in car? best to put it in a tube going out of the car. Remember TX crystals are for Transmitter, RX are for Receiver. You using 27 or 40 MHz? and make sure the crystals are correct for your radio ie AM and FM.

Yes Tx aerial extened, doesnt seem to be broken. Rx aerial feels good and is out the car in a tube, Crystals are correct in the correct slots.

I'm testing the car indoors, could my wi-fi be affecting it...?

Yes Tx aerial extened, doesnt seem to be broken. Rx aerial feels good and is out the car in a tube, Crystals are correct in the correct slots.

Receiver too close to motor/ or motor wires?, this is why I changed to 2.4ghz, no more run away cars since. :D

yep could be WI-FI or mobile phone had it happen to me so turned router and pc off and then mobile and it sorted its self out but with every house having wifi can make life hard for old skool 27meg setup

yep could be WI-FI or mobile phone had it happen to me so turned router and pc off and then mobile and it sorted its self out but with every house having wifi can make life hard for old skool 27meg setup

I still use 27Mhz in most of my cars and I don't have any problems.with Wi-Fi. I live in a flat so there be a lot of different signals whizzing around in a small area.

I still use 27Mhz in most of my cars and I don't have any problems.with Wi-Fi. I live in a flat so there be a lot of different signals whizzing around in a small area.

Receiver too close to motor/ or motor wires?, this is why I changed to 2.4ghz, no more run away cars since. :D

Right then boys, thanks again for all the advice.

This is where I'm at........

I've taken the car to my work today which is in a converted barn . semi countryside...

Turn on the tranny (that doesn't sound good;) ) and walk away from it carrying the car at 7m away the front wheels twitch and rear wheels spin.

But I thought sod it lets have a go..

I ran the car all over the place for 20mins solid at a maximum distance of about 30m from me and its was fine.. tried again with the walking experiment and it did it again. So all I can do now is assume its ok but wait for it to go flying off somewhere while I'm racing.. :(

As you guys know I tried my 2.4 set-up but that didn't work with the tamiya ESC and fried my servo, I think...

SO MARSHALS BE WARNED, MY CAR MAY TAKE OUT YOUR ANKLES.. oops sorry in advance.

If anyone can explain please do.. :)

will have my kit box with me with a collection of 27 meg rx's so have spares .. even have 2 2.4 system spare which i can chuck in box u stick or wheel man SRB Bloke ?

Will anyone attending the meeting be selling a new set of 'DT02 Violet Racer' Decals? I'm after some to replace the badly applied decals that was on my ex-modelzone display car.

Both of us booked in (Son and myself) My car is also all finished (Bar just fitting the heat sink that arrived today), and the stickers (I'll do that in the morning).. phew! The first proper drive will be sunday morning! Looking forward to it :)

Erm, anyone got a 19t pinion I can buy on Sunday?

I have managed to get friend interested in running in the standard class. (booked in)

He is going to borrow one of my spare DT02's, thing is it is a Violet Racer. I now have to change it in to a Holiday Buggy - job for the morning I think. Its all on the table ready for surgery.

• Like 1

Please tell anyone who might be coming for a beer that we will now be in the Wetherspoons on Victoria Road -

Unit 2 to 5
Victoria Road
Farnborough
Hampshire
GU14 7PG

Erm, slight problem here.

Just took my HB out for a run and it seems I have a receiver problem. As soon as the buggy gets more than 20 feet away from me I lose control of it. Anyone got a receiver I can borrow? If not then I am screwed. :(

Erm, slight problem here.

Just took my HB out for a run and it seems I have a receiver problem. As soon as the buggy gets more than 20 feet away from me I lose control of it. Anyone got a receiver I can borrow? If not then I am screwed. :(

Are you 27mhz, or 40mhz or 2.4 ??

also what are the makes of your radio gear ??

Are you 27mhz, or 40mhz or 2.4 ??

also what are the makes of your radio gear ??

Acoms 27mHz