super gripper

DT02 challange event

I hope to attend the event with my 8 yr old son (his first taste of rc racing). Looking forward to it. Just wanted to know if it will be ok to provide a spares service on the day , or has someone else got it covered ??? Cheers :-) Glad to see the rules have been re-posted and hope everyone respects them and it is a good days racing !!!

All booked in

See you all on the 28th.

@smitchos I'm working on my HB bodyshell once it's done I'll pm you some pics to see if it's still ok for stock class. :)

• Like 1

Do we need BRCA for this one or can we leave it blank when booking in?

Will be joining next year as it will be worth it for all the events

All booked in

See you all on the 28th.

@smitchos I'm working on my HB bodyshell once it's done I'll pm you some pics to see if it's still ok for stock class. :)

Hi Steve, creative decoration/themes are encouraged, particularly for the standard HB/SR class.

You just need to actually use the kit HB/SR shell as your basis, and it remain obvious/instantly recognisable that it a HB/SR shell. Basically, keeping the main shape and size as is, and nothing major sticking out or sharp.

Look forward to seeing your photos!!

When pm'ing, please pm me by normal email not this forum pm.

See ya soon mate! Simon

Entered into both classes.

Now to book the Travelodge.

Roll on September. Really looking forwards to this!

• Like 1

>>>>>>>>>>>answer to Lemmings question<<<<<

If you are a novice racer and haven't raced at a club and done three race meetings (this includes three separate clubs) you can enter without having BRCA insurance and you will be covered by the club.

If you have been a previous member of the BRCA you are not covered and must re-join before entering.

Next year, Everyone must be BRCA to attend this event and any others at BRCA clubs such as John's fantastic Iconic meeting. I will be hopefully organising a Tamiya 4wd event next year as well :D

• Like 3

Great to see the regulars booked in.

a little feedback on this years fee's.

This year is a full blown trophy meeting with everyone taking something home B)

Last year was the trial run, this year will be bigger and better :D

I know some people have said £12 is high but its the standard price I pay for every trophy meeting I go to at all the clubs.

Burger van is booked, by me :rolleyes:

• Like 2

lol hope burger van turns up or Topcat mite turn in to the hulk this year :)

booking in when i get paid hotel room booked already :)

• Like 1

the burger van will be there chaps, I have email confirmation :D

plus there will be a shrccc chap there on the day selling Schumacher tires and inserts also some ballistic buggy tires :D

• Like 2

I didn't get to last years event , but hope to attend this year ... it sounds like it is a great sucess ! Had you thought about a 5 or 6 race DT02 series ??? Racing at different tracks around the UK ??? If you had a team of helpers/commitee , then it would make it easier . See you on the start line !!!

Lee/Simon.

Last year we were permitted to cut away the gearbox to expose more of the motor to help keep it cooler.

Can you please remind us whether this is permitted on both Standard and Modified Classes?

Thanks.

Lee/Simon.

Another question from Iconic.

Can you trim the tyres in the Stock Class?

Thanks.

John,

thank you for passing on the questions from Iconic.

Cutting away or drilling the gearbox for cooling is permitted in both classes. :D

No cutting of the tyres is permitted in the standard class. (this will be checked by our scrutineer - Simon)

• Like 1

Lee/Simon.

Last year we were permitted to cut away the gearbox to expose more of the motor to help keep it cooler.

Can you please remind us whether this is permitted on both Standard and Modified Classes?

Thanks.

Lee/Simon.

Another question from Iconic.

Can you trim the tyres in the Stock Class?

Thanks.

Be careful everyone, John is definately out to win this year.. :D looking forward to fun weekend.. B)

• Like 2

Decided upon the theme for my Sand Rover 2011. It's going to be Tommy Cooper again. The Fez Returns. :D

• Like 2

I hope to attend the event with my 8 yr old son (his first taste of rc racing). Looking forward to it. Just wanted to know if it will be ok to provide a spares service on the day , or has someone else got it covered ??? Cheers :-) Glad to see the rules have been re-posted and hope everyone respects them and it is a good days racing !!!

Like last year, I will bring some DT-02 spares, nearly a whole car, I've got both VGC used, and some new. But belive it or not, last year no one needed/asked for anything, so I sold a complete new bare chassis at the end of the day for someone to make a car. HOWEVER, can I ask/suggest, if you've got it (DT-02 orientated), please can you bring it, you never know what maybe needed, or how many pile-ups we'll have!! :) LOL

Last years peoples driving dramitically improved through out the day and people quickly got in to the routine of racing and then marshalling. :D

Breakages were very few as the DT02 chassis is quite robust.

In the standard class the cars do not really go fast enough to break anything major and in the modified class the odd front C hug broke but those who has alloy front C hubs had no issues all day :D

I think the most breakages where the poor Holiday Buggy body shells :lol:

As Simon suggests it is always a good idea to bring some spares with you. Those who have brought spares to sell on the day will be asked to make them selves known during the drivers briefing.

The Juniors class is set to be a good one with some Juniors from last year having now done some club racing. I intend to watch the heats and final with great interest.

Please note the Dads of the Juniors will be expected to marshall the heats and final.

If this wasn't well over a 1000miles round trip for me I might have been very interested :( God why do I stay soooo far north :(

James

:S

I've just booked in for both classes. Be using the same cars as last year, The Sand Rover in the Standard, and the Nissan Titan in the Modified. Need to do some improvements to the Titan as I think this class is going to be competitive.

This years mod class is set to be quite competitive yes. B)

But please remember, entering your skill level when booking in means you will be racing against people of simular skill. :D

... should finish building the Holiday Buggy with my son today ... now I need to decide , Holiday Buggy or Sand Rover for myself and what to run in the modified !!!!!