super gripper

DT02 challange event

I think the HB/SR class was to have a semi vintage looking fun race with cars that are based on real life cars, and mostly have a similar level of performance. Where as the DT02 class will be for hopped up cars with better racing performance.

If you have a super fighter but want to enter the first race, wouldn't it be possible to fit a HB or SR body to it? There's some outlay but nothing like buying a new car.

Thanks, I was just curious if the basic class is mainly a matter of vintage bodyshell style, while Tamiya's non-hopped up DT-02 variants share several other polystyrene and polycarbonate bodyshells, too. It's not my intention to nag and I'm fine with the rules.

I wasn't aware of the Holiday Buggy's popularity in the UK. Where I live, the Super Fighter G and GR are the more popular models amongst children getting into R/C. However a semi vintage buggy racing class just like you guys are planning to establish will be pleasant to look at, for sure.

Hi again,

Since I be using the Sand Rover in the Standard class, I thought I may as well bite the bullet and buy another car to modify for the other class. I know the 58511 Nissan Titan Racing is a DT02 Chassis, but the body is 1/12 scale..... I just want to know if this body is still legal for the modified class before I order the kit?

Hi again,

Since I be using the Sand Rover in the Standard class, I thought I may as well bite the bullet and buy another car to modify for the other class. I know the 58511 Nissan Titan Racing is a DT02 Chassis, but the body is 1/12 scale..... I just want to know if this body is still legal for the modified class before I order the kit?

Yes, the Nissan Titan is legal for the modified class, it will be good to see you there with it B) glad you can make it .

Holiday Buggy or Sand Rover. That is the Question.

I prefer the look of the Sand Rover although will the open shell survive the course :lol:

Me and the lad have got a pass so hopefully he will be racing a HB in stock and I'll be racing a super-G in mod :)

In mod is any shell ok (I assume it is)? I have a lexan rough rider shell I want to fit

In mod is any shell ok (I assume it is)? I have a lexan rough rider shell I want to fit

The body shell must be from a DT02 kit.

But as one other person has asked to use a lexan Rough Rider body shell then I will have to let you use it.

However I would seriously recommend you do not as using a body shell without a wing is not a good idea. With the increased speeds of the modified class your car will become unstable.

There will be no further exceptions to the rules.

That's fine, It makes sense to just kit standard shells, otherwise it can mess it all up. (The Superfighter cup requires it so it meakes sense that this event does). I'll just use the sand viper or super G shell as the wing will be needed. Cheers

I am well and truly up for this! :)

I'll give it lots of promo on IconicRC.

I'm up for the Lunchbox race and both DT-02 races.

I have a Desert Gator for the DT-02 open class.

I have a HB2010 and a Street Rover but they're too modified so I'll buy a new kit for the standard class.

SuperGripper, very well played Sir!

• Like 1

Ok, I've got a Red Holiday Buggy on the way, specifically for this event. :)

Lunchbox is good to go. Desert Gator is new built with some hop-ups and I just need to stick a brushless in it.

Happy Dayz.

• Like 1

Ok, I've got a Red Holiday Buggy on the way, specifically for this event. :)

Lunchbox is good to go. Desert Gator is new built with some hop-ups and I just need to stick a brushless in it.

Happy Dayz.

Your Desert Gator does look good J, on par with mine actually. It certainly will be good to see all the cars together for the group picture before the racing starts.

Your brushless J, its only up to a 10.5 that is permitted chap B)

I have a few 19turn spec motors so put one of those in. I do have a 10.5 but I chose to stick with brushed for the event. :ph34r::D

I'm in for the standard class, just picked up a Sand Rover from Radshape for the event, never raced before so will be in the slow section!

• Like 2

I'm in for the standard class, just picked up a Sand Rover from Radshape for the event, never raced before so will be in the slow section!

You and me both mate, I hope to be in the standard class.... can I follow you in the slow section... :)

• Like 1

I'm also looking forward to this. Brought some oil filled shocks for the Sand Rover (STD Class) and still waiting for the Nissan Titan to arrive for the modified class. I thought I be different as most people in the class be racing Buggy shelled cars (with rear wings) and I do like the looks of the stadium Trucks. I torn between using either brushed or brushless in this car but leaning towards brushed.

Supergripper.....when is the booking in going to begin? looks like there's going to be a lot of racers!

Booking in is in the process of being sorted. shrccc has a big event running on the second weekend of August.

Once that meeting is done our online booking in will become available.

Registered for both classes and paid up. :)

Question - Are LED lights allowed?

Just registered. Stated Entry Fee £8.00 then dropped to £2.00. Is it because I am a BRCA member ?

Just registered. Stated Entry Fee £8.00 then dropped to £2.00. Is it because I am a BRCA member ?

no chap. there was a glitch with the online booking, it should be ok now

no chap. there was a glitch with the online booking, it should be ok now

Do I need to rebook online or just pay the difference on 29th Sept ?