Vigilante

NovaFox Photos - Show them off here!

Looks a nice variation on the st blue. I've ordered a can of tamiya ps-35 which is supposed to be violet blue. I would also be interested in knowing what color this was.

Steve.

Here is mine which I finally finished last night

I think some modern white disc wheels would look good on it so might try and fit some :huh:

IMG_1271_zpsc171ffc4.jpg

• Like 4

Looks good.

Where is the driver???

He is in the dunny :P ..

KalEl63 that looks fantastic M8 , so what do you think about this fox compaired too the original ? ...

Not a bad colour , I'm going PS 27 :D .. Just like my other race cars ....

Looks good.

Where is the driver???

I have no paint that I can use to paint him... I guess he could be Casper

He is in the dunny :P ..

KalEl63 that looks fantastic M8 , so what do you think about this fox compaired too the original ? ...

Not a bad colour , I'm going PS 27 :D .. Just like my other race cars ....

LOL in a box any way

No its PS 41, I was going to agree with you but then went and double checked LOL

I need to take it for a drive but a few good upgrades help like the e clip in the diff etc

I have no paint that I can use to paint him... I guess he could be Casper

LOL in a box any way

No its PS 41, I was going to agree with you but then went and double checked LOL

I need to take it for a drive but a few good upgrades help like the e clip in the diff etc

I see YOU have used PS 41 , "BUT" ( I'm going too Use PS 27 ) & the roll bar etc PS 12 ( sliver )

What color is this. Is it a Tamiya PS color?Max

Pretty sure that's PS16 Metallic Blue, used it a few times myself

Backed with black I suppose?

Max

Pretty sure that's PS16 Metallic Blue, used it a few times myself

took the brass spacers out of the front shock, to stop that 3-wheel lean.

Hey Vigilante, did taking the spacers out make a big difference? I'm just about finished building mine, also without the front swat bar, but the rocking in the front will just drive me nuts I'm sure, I guess it achieves a large increase in front droop.

Hey man. Taking the brass spacers out makes it much better. More droop but that's ok. I used just the 2 hole piston instead of the 4 hole and used 35 weight oil. Corners are much more comfortable. In saying that , my Fox runner still turns better than the new one, even with the old original swaybar.

Hey man. Taking the brass spacers out makes it much better. More droop but that's ok. I used just the 2 hole piston instead of the 4 hole and used 35 weight oil. Corners are much more comfortable. In saying that , my Fox runner still turns better than the new one, even with the old original swaybar.

cool, thanks

Hey mate what rims are they?

They are Tamiya dish wheels for the TRF201 and DT02, ordered from Stella part no's 54339 (rears) and 54338 (fronts)

Thanks man - might look into getting some for the modern tyre sizes.

Yeah Ive noticed how noisy this is compared to my Fox Runner - thats so silent with its 24tooth pinion and Thorp internals.

Cheers

Anyone using a pinion that's larger than the stock 15T? Need help with a part number as the manual does not say anything except "Ask your Tamiya Dealer for availability of 16T or 17T Pinion Gear". Tried a set of Tamiya #50354 16T 17T AV Pinion Gear Set but they're too small.

What color did you use please?

Max

I used the box art PS-4.

Btw drove this thing for the first time today, and I actually think it drives surprisingly well. I have only driven 4wd the whole summer, so it is really a pleasure to drive some 2wd again. Much more fun.