bromvw

New Bright Jeep

Hello Guys . Has anyone fitted one of the 1/10 scale New Bright jeep bodies to a CC-01 ? My landie build has stalled due to the costs involved in actually getting hold of the shell . As a cheap alternate I am thinking on using one of the New Bright jeeps . Argos outlet have the Bad Street Jeep Wrangler available for £25 delivered . I know its not very well detailed and will need a repaint and some reworking but I think it might be ok for what will be a runner . With the right bumpers / wheels it could be worth a punt ?

• Like 1

Buddie it looks very do- able and quite scale . I think that with some working lights and maybe Axial bumpers it will work well .

Yeah, New Bright bodies are pretty good, and fairly popular in the scale crawler scene. I've seen some sell on EBay for more than I could pick the entire truck up for at the local Toy's R Us.

Yeah, New Bright bodies are pretty good, and fairly popular in the scale crawler scene. I've seen some sell on EBay for more than I could pick the entire truck up for at the local Toy's R Us.

Well at £25 RTR for a entire truck from Argos ( online store outlet ) its a bit of a steal lol . The battery might even be useable for a winch and the lights .

It's not that straightforward, if you want to retain the interior like I did then a lot of cutting is involved, especially at the rear, in order to get it to sit low enough (or it looks odd like that one above)

Jeepfront.jpg

I stuck it on my Wild Dagger chassis too just to see....

726E6C3C-D8BC-4501-A7B5-019356C4B742-639

• Like 1

It's at least as robust as a Tamiya body or so close as makes no difference. I've got one of their land rover discovery shells kicking around.

Also the one above doesn't look odd to me...

Doing some cutting and styrene work is fine . I will more then likely lose the rear seats anyway and have a spare wheel in the bed. As for hacking the CC-01 chassis up there's not much of it left standard already lol.

The plastic is very robust, it's much more flexible than a Tamiya hard body, so I'm going to invest in some decent plastic primer.

Did a bit more work on mine tonight. In this pic you can see how much I've removed, if you look to the left and right of the rear bench seat.

null-46.jpg

As an added bonus the Tamiya Bruiser/Hilux driver figure fits perfect too, his arms even reach the steering wheel. I'm considering getting a passenger too but holding a map :)

null-47.jpg

Footwell needs cutting to clear the steering servo, or the body sits too high.

null-36.jpg

• Like 1

That's a better fit then I thought it would be . It actually looks like a fairly easy conversion and certainly no worse than fitting one of the D90 Land Rover bodies . The Bruiser driver fitting is a added bonus as you say .

You guys are bad influences lol

Hopefully I can now progress and build a Bad butt scale crawler . So far its CC-01 with a rc4wd 3:1 reduction unit , 55t motor , rear 4 links and modified front end using TL-01 LA parts .

I'd still like to recreate the Nissan desert runner from that thread I started way back when, but I need to find someone far better than me to finish the rendering of the bodyshell or at least offer pointers. The CC01 really cries out for more hard bodies than Tamiya offers

Go for it Aaron - bargain and plenty of scope.

Easy to make a tool, or cooler, box to hide the servo in the footwell. And with TS paint at 99p a can in modelzone you should be able to find suitable colour if you move quickly ;)

Go for it Aaron - bargain and plenty of scope.

Easy to make a tool, or cooler, box to hide the servo in the footwell. And with TS paint at 99p a can in modelzone you should be able to find suitable colour if you move quickly ;)

That's my thinking Dave . Nice cheap body that I don't mind rolling . Only thing I might do is change the grill to the earlier round headlight version if needs be as I much prefer the classic jeep look. ProLine do some decently priced bumpers and detail parts that look ideal to dress this up a bit without spending a fortune and Fusion have a set of chrome look crawler wheel/tyre sets at £12.99 a set that look perfect for this . Might need a body lift but that's no biggie .

Cheers . The more I look at it the more I like it . Just needs the right details to get the 'look' I want .

With a good paintjob and the right amount of scale accessories, these can look real good

Have a trawl thru the scaler forum at www.rccrawler.com for more inspiration

Found some repro Mauri Goldern Eagle stickers that will suit this nicely .

Anyone know about 1:1 Jeeps ? I have the New Bright body on order and would like to re paint it in as genuine a jeep colour / interior trim as possiable . I can't decide on the actual colour - quite like dark green , orange or brown though . I think the Wrangler as box art was TS 1 red/brown ? What TS numbers are the closest match to the dark green and orange though ?

Since its a hard body why not just got for Jeep spray cans ? - when i did the Bowler with Peugeot paint it came as a dup pack of colour and clear and was about the same price as a can of TS paint !

Since its a hard body why not just got for Jeep spray cans ? - when i did the Bowler with Peugeot paint it came as a dup pack of colour and clear and was about the same price as a can of TS paint !

That's not a half bad idea Dave . However I think I want to model a 1976 CJ5 by changing the front grill and don't know if Jeep will stock paint to match something that old . Best bet is Halfords and try find something that's close to Jeep colours maybe . I could just keep it black but I think its too toy like

ok gone all in on this one :D , Axial Poison Spyder front and rear bumper with wheel carrier , repro Mauri Golden Eagle stickers , 1.9 Kongs on beadlocks and a Radshape front skidplate are all on the way amongst other scale items . I've also ordered a NIP CC-01 chassis as the one I have is so hacked about now I want to start over from scratch .