bromvw

New Bright Jeep

Decided to go with orange for the repaint . Its period correct for a CJ 5 Golden Eagle Wrangler and as I will be altering the front grill to be more like a early model I like it more than the tame options . With a sand tan interior it should look ok .

Excellent, look forward to seeing how you get on with it, particularly with how you go about mounting it to the chassis. Mine uses some old Meccano of all things...

Excellent, look forward to seeing how you get on with it, particularly with how you go about mounting it to the chassis. Mine uses some old Meccano of all thing

Hopefully I can use the cc-o1 mounts - well that's the plan :wacko: If not I will fabricate something from my spare's . ONE thing I don't want to use is body pins and clips as I hate them .

Edit - rebuilt everything onto a NIP chassis tub today ( sat 17th ) Looking good :D . Just waiting to the body to arrive all being well on Monday .

Body arrived early Mon morning . Within a hour it was stripped down , de stickered and the rear floor section cut away to allow it to sit almost perfectly on the cc-01 .Wheelbase is spot on . It will have to sit a little higher then I had hoped in order to clear the non standard battery position . The battery had to move in order to fit the reduction unit . Its no big deal and I quite like the high lift look . All the weight is in the chassis anyway as the New Bright body is light but quite tough . Just need to make up a new rear floor , tidy up the flash lines and it will be ready for primer

Here's the final height of mine, taken last night -

null-67.jpg

null-66.jpg

Primer next!

Very nice indeed . Mine needs to sit a little higher than that . Any chance you can post a photo of the way you mounted it please ? I have some ideas but it would help to see how you did it . Currently the body and roll bar are drying following their first coat of Bright Orange . Decided to colour match the roll bar to add a custom touch . I have also binned the rear seats so I can load up the bed with scale accessories . Another idea is a Bikini top if I can figure out just how to make one lol

bromvw-Great thread this, really interesting with good photos and updates as well.

Keep up the good work!

bromvw-Great thread this, really interesting with good photos and updates as well.

Keep up the good work!

I wanted to do a proper build thread but my camera has gone on the blink . Somehow I will post some photos at some point though .

My body is mounted / secured as of tonight. It's very, very crude, using some old Meccano I dug out of my parents loft! But it hinges at the back-

null-71.jpg

null-69.jpg

A step screw and some washers make up the hinge.

null-70.jpg

Front is secured with 2 ball connectors attached to the bodyshell, then a 90deg Meccano bracket. It will all be hidden behind the winch anyhow, but it works (so it seems) and so it should, it took 2 hours to sort out!

I would have never thought of hinging the body . Not sure if I can do that because I will have a spare wheel mounted to the rear bumper that I plan to bolt to the chassis rather than the shell . Its looking great though. These New Bright bodies just seem perfect for the CC-01 with so much scope to customise them .

I'm making good progress . The body is painted and just needs detailing . The Orange really suits it well . Spare wheel has arrived but still waiting on the bumpers / wheel carrier . After they get here I can mount the body and start adding lights ect . Really enjoying this build because so far its being a bit of a doddle .

PICS!

*shakes fist*

I wish I could . The camera has given up the ghost . Will try to do some with my phone asap .

Is it mounted? One thing I had trouble with was steering servo horn clearance. Drivers footwell is now pretty much gone. The base of the 'B-pillars' if you like has been trimmed too, as this rubber on the CC01 rear arches. The tiny bit of plastic which bridges the two rear wheel arches on the CC01 also had to go to get the height down further. There's pretty much no floor left!

Is it mounted? One thing I had trouble with was steering servo horn clearance. Drivers footwell is now pretty much gone. The base of the 'B-pillars' if you like has been trimmed too, as this rubber on the CC01 rear arches. The tiny bit of plastic which bridges the two rear wheel arches on the CC01 also had to go to get the height down further. There's pretty much no floor left!

Not done the final mount as yet but i am leaning towards giving it a bit of a high lift look . Nothing extreme and still scale looking . The sort of custom trail jeep you see in the states . I cut off everything that wasn't flush under the body basically as i didn't want to hack the cc-01 about too much in case i fancy a body swop at some point . i'll see how it is for servo clearance but i might get away with not cutting the foot well i hope .

EDIT - body is now mounted . Sorry but our camera is still away for repairs .

Axial Poison Spyder JK RockBrawler Bumpers arrived this morning . I had a bit of a job adapting them to fit but their now mounted and with the exception of lights and the other electronics its done . I want to add a few scale accessories like a cooler box , tools and sleeping bags ect but that's just dress up bits .

If anyone has any unused or left over scale accessories for sale please PM me . Looking for a cooler box , high lift jack , fire extinguisher ect ect - whatever you have .

Cheers Arron

Posting a couple photos for you from your FB page. (Didn't I send you a highlift jack?)

2.jpg

3.jpg

Cheers Scott your a star - i'am a noob at this photo lark .

yes Scott but I snapped it drilling out the holes to detail it a bit - DOH lol

That is a fine piece of machinery

Thanks . Still some detailing to do but its turned out rather well .