bromvw

New Bright Jeep

My trailer's pretty crude, the box is just bolted onto some aluminium L-section and the axle goes through the L-section too, no suspension. At crawler speeds it doesn't seem to matter much as there's enough articulation in the hook-up to let the trailer twist as needed. I remember a discussion about trailers a while ago (might have been on Scale 4x4 or one of the crawler sites, don't think it was here). The question was would a trailer weigh enough and/or could you get leaf springs soft enough for the suspension to work anyway, or was it just for show? I don't remember a definitive answer either way...

That's a very good point Rob . I would think any springs would be purely for appearance not function .

Driver figure is away for painting - Cheers Rob . I gave it a trial fit prior to posting it and the Bruiser figure is a perfect fit . You would almost think it was made for the job.

As per my picture on page 1 :P

I've bought another, he's going to be a map reading passenger haha

I might fit a Sand Rover figure as the passenger at a latter stage but I want to see how this looks first .

The new step on this is to fit lights - quite a lot of lights . I don't like the idea of powering them via a bec . The battery will already be powering the motor plus a winch . I have a idea to use the New Bright battery for the lights . Its only a 900 NiCad 9.6 volt . Is there any reason this wont work ??

LED's run a very low current so won't draw anything away from your battery that you're likely to notice. I use a TLU-01/02 combination, which has a 'bridge' connection lead which basically just taps in between the battery and ESC power supply.

Also tapped off of this is a 3Racing winch. I'm expecting that will draw a lot more than the lights, but doubt that this will have too much of an effect with light use on a 3300 NiMH...

Did a little more to mine last night, starting to look the part now.

Axial light buckets for front foglights and high-level spotlights, Ansmann wing mirrors and 3Racing winch installed. Sourced a standard CC01 front bumper as it looks more scale than the Radshape item.

null_zps703112c1.jpg

Did a little more to mine last night, starting to look the part now.

Axial light buckets for front foglights and high-level spotlights, Ansmann wing mirrors and 3Racing winch installed. Sourced a standard CC01 front bumper as it looks more scale than the Radshape item.

null_zps703112c1.jpg

Starting to look good mate . Its interesting how two very similar builds can turn out so different . Your going for a near stock look where as mine is a High Lift Custom type . These body's are so versatile .

ok electrical guru's . I would like to fit a moving drivers head and working indicators . Can I wire both the light unit and the micro servo to the steering channel via two y leads or will I cause glitching issues ?

Given the steering servo location on the CC01 is such a gift, a simple rod connection from the servo horn to a similar horn connected to the drivers head is very easy to make.

Given the steering servo location on the CC01 is such a gift, a simple rod connection from the servo horn to a similar horn connected to the drivers head is very easy to make.

That's a thought . just need to figure out how to make it easy to remove / re fit when taking the body off to get to the battery .

Good to see Tamiya still developing parts for the old CC01 chassis, just seen this translated description of OP1541 coming later this year =

- Cross-country RC to enjoy willingly. This is the OP parts further enhance the custom mood.

- A high degree of dress-up effect as well as to up the cross-country running performance of the CC-01 chassis

Aluminum oil damper is an appearance.

Silver cylinder, top and bottom cap creates sense of quality in the Dark Titanium Anodized, or the piston

O-ring, such as the diaphragm and cylinder match the CC-01 while common and touring car

I was made to piston shaft size.

※ 4 bottles. Spring is not attached.

Sounds like an entirely new shock part? I hope they're not overpriced or too stiff, articulation is the key! GPM shocks are way too 'sticky' IMO.

My excellently painted driver figure is making his way back from Rob via the postal system so I'll hopefully be fitting him come the weekend . Cheers Rob .

Did you modify your driver figure before sending it off?

I found I had to modify his back quite a bit to get him to sit in the seat properly, just by shaving some of it away as it rubbed on the bolsters of the seat. He sits too far foward otherwise (arms hit the dashboard) and there's a gap behind him and the seat.

Did you modify your driver figure before sending it off?

I found I had to modify his back quite a bit to get him to sit in the seat properly, just by shaving some of it away as it rubbed on the bolsters of the seat. He sits too far foward otherwise (arms hit the dashboard) and there's a gap behind him and the seat.

No he's un modified . I will have to see how well he finally fits but if needs be I think I will actually modify the seat and mould it around him rather than cut the figure . I think it might look better if the seat 'sags' to his shape a bit - more realistic IMO .