sabreuk1

remembering the 80s

Watching ET on pirate from the dodgy video van that used to call round the estates, the barrs pop truck (10p back for returns) lol

Watching 'get fresh' on sat morning.

Eating sandwich steaks and et coloured custard creams.

I loved the 80s !

@lupogtiboy - Nice vectrex. That bag is worth a few bob these days! I turn mine on every year or so to check it still works - love the sound it makes...

I've got a few BBC's in the shed too - probably got a spare copy of Grannie's Garden somewhere - I'll see if I can find one. I've probably got a spare disc drive to if you want it?

These were the posters on the walls back then..........the ones I can share anyway.

Is that a US Maxell ad? In the UK we had Pete Murphy of Bauhaus

Bauhaus playing a huge part in my eighties too :)

• Like 1

@lupogtiboy - Nice vectrex. That bag is worth a few bob these days! I turn mine on every year or so to check it still works - love the sound it makes...

I've got a few BBC's in the shed too - probably got a spare copy of Grannie's Garden somewhere - I'll see if I can find one. I've probably got a spare disc drive to if you want it?

OOHHH Yes please!!! Thanks!!

The Vectrex has to be my favourite out of all of the 120 ish consoles/computers I co-own with my brother, I was very lucky to find one with the bag, which I've seen on ebay for £100+!!

If I'm allowed in, I'll see if I can get some pics of my brother's room, he's a proper 80's kid!

Anyone else remember this?

Sweets wise, there was one I can't remember the name of, but each bar came with one of those 'lenticular' picture cards which switched from a dinosaur to a present-day reptile

And these

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQbPZrtY6Qc

As for music, my ears were properly opened in the 80s

666.jpg

ZZt.jpg

Still got loads of vinyl in the garage, must dig out my turntable

The 80s was the beginning of the vinyl collection for me An original masters copy of the white album was the first one. Now there are hundreds and the turntable has a USB port. Little Feat is on it now.

By the way, anyone posting in this thread who has not read Ready Player One should do so... Chock-full of 80s pop-culture goodness, and a really fun story.

Anyone else remember this?

I think I just figured out where Wikipedia got it's name lol

Edit- and James Doohan

I think I just figured out where Wikipedia got it's name lol

Edit- and James Doohan

and wood is the building material of choice for spaceship.

By the way, anyone posting in this thread who has not read Ready Player One should do so... Chock-full of 80s pop-culture goodness, and a really fun story.

I nearly picked that up a few months ago.

This one was one of the series that I really liked back in the day, The Wizard.

It was shocking to know a couple years later David Rappaport, the small guy, shot himself to death. R.I.P. the Wizard.