Sayer

Traxxas Telluride

Looks very original, and it's probably a pretty fun runner, but I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

I had a Traxxas truck a few years ago. It was more than enough for me.

Lol well they still suffer from the "one chassis to rule them all" problem, but I was under the impression that they were a no headache charge and go alternative to Tamiya's sometimes fiddly nature. I'm curious to hear your horror story.

Not bad... but, as always, why no kit? Or at least a version with no radio and a clear body? I have tons of radios and I hate the standard Traxxas "swoopy stuff all over" paint jobs.

My horror story was basically the rear drivetrain. The telescopic plastic axles are so fragile. I mean, even compared to them the old school Black Foot ones, they are so rubbish. And they're still using the same thing, only the color is different!

I got tired of that old Hawk truggy when the left front spindle broke. Enough!. And I sold it. Since most the cars from the Traxxas catalog are basically the same, I know I'm not looking forward to have another one. Definitely not recommended.

You all have a great Friday! :)

This is a bashing car targeted to folks who just got into rc or kids, that's why it's rtr only. Others do the same too (hpi e10, sprint 2, maverick any car, xstr etc.)

For those people it matters that you just take the car out of the box, charge, play. It's enough hassle already that they have to take the shell and the battery out each time they recharge.

Imagine beeing a noob and having to first assemble the car, your first car. The wrong way of course, and stripping half of the screws. Then spending more money on batteries. Charger. Another charger, first was a cheap one, money wasted. Remote. Get all the electronics right. Oh you don't know how. Too bad.

For those people it matters that you just take the car out of the box, charge, play. It's enough hassle already that they have to take the shell and the battery out each time they recharge.

Funny thing is that's never registered as an issue with me, but I absolutely see red when I have to remove the shell just to turn the darned thing on (or plug in the battery because there's no switch *cough*HPI WR8 Flux*cough*)

As far as kit vs RTR, goes I say horses for courses.

Well said, kit and rtr are aimed at different markets

He he, I can connect/disconnect the battery without taking of the shell, just bending it a little while squeezing my hand partially inside :) Doesn't work for charging thought, as I don't want to damage the balance connector

On 1:10 and bigger cars a general power switch would have to be too big (has to be rated at many amps). Not impossible but would required rethinking the chassis. I can only hope one day there will be a manufacturer with enough guts and fresh thinking to try it. Or a laptop-style battery, just take it off through a bottom cover, no cables involved.

But on smaller cars I see no excuse (other than "that's how we do it in rc") therefore when I have a micro, first thing I fit a charging connector that I can reach from outside. On a micro the shell clips are a pain in the backside.