Sign in to follow this  
bazza 73

mfc-01 problems

hi to all tc members iam having trouble with my mfc-01 unit in that it wont connect with my steering servo every time i connect the servo my receiver the light flashes red green 3/4 times then shuts down the mfc then restarts and dose the same again. now it has burnt out 3 large and costly servos whats going wrong! i am new to this tec but have read all instructions twice and even read a blog about reversing the connection but this didnt do anything help please.

Questions:

What radio do you have ?

What receiver do you have ?

What servo do you have ?

What is the MFC-01 installed in ?

What motor do you have ?

What battery are you using to power the system ? (lipo, nimh, NiCad)

This will give us a better understanding to start off with.

Are you certain the servo was installed into the correct plug on the MFC-01 ?

The MFC-01 and MFC-02 are certainly not user friendly, I've both and still don't fully understand the programming and use of the dang things.

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/getuserimage.asp?t=g&id=img41349_14082013152309_10_350.jpg

hi thanks for your reply i am currently using a tamco x6 24ghz trans & receiver

i had two spring rc sm-s8330m high torque both burnt out and also a cys-s8218 high torque also now dead.

leads all plugged in correct locations as per mfc insructions.

batteries pack was a7.2volt 42000mah nihm but it wouldn't run the motor.so i tried a 12v 7ah lead acid type as the motor was12v (big i now but runs well with the mfc and i new the mfc had a bec built in so thought it wouldnt harm it ?.

mfc is in my scratch built model but all other functions work perfectly apart from steering .

is it to much for the mfc to handle the high torque servos and the bigger battery as its bec steps the current dow to what each component needs right?

what sort of servos will the mfc take as my model is heavy as its a 1/4 scale truck.?probably 40-50lbs at a guess.

i did have the motor wired to a separate ecs but couldnt have the the sounds to run with it or is there a way of bypassing the mfc ecs so more power can control the servos?

any help or advice would be grateful cheers

Don't use the motor at the moment ( disconnect it )& just put in the 7.2 battery & give that a go . I have 1/4 servos running on 6v .

Two for steering & one throttle & that works fine . Now if it still has the problem , just use a 6v battery . All of this is too see

what the problem is . ? to much voltage etc . Then you will know whats what :D..

cheers for that. are you running them through a mfc then. i will give it a go just waiting for new servo to come hope this one dosent dye will update post when it comes and tested cheers :rolleyes:

so i tried a 12v 7ah lead acid type as the motor was12v

I'm no MFC or electronics expert, but those seem like high numbers for the voltage to the servo and that motor seems like it may push the limits of the MFC.

yeh i would like to run the motor with a separate ecs but need a way to by pass the mfc so il still get the sounds any iders :wacko:

hi guys got my new servo today bit cofused it came with a y harnes not sure how to wire it through the mfc it says the power should be fed directly to the servo without going thru the bec regulator ie the mfc help please :wacko:

hi guys managed to try my new servo with 6v power & tried putting connection on backwards even disconnected the motor but it still no change please any help or ideas welcome.

i have tried servo on its own through the receiver and works fine with raido :(

now @ my whits end with the mfu i have tried all sorts but i am disappointed with its capabilities so i will try a y lead tomorrow with some tech found on ebay hoping this might work if not mfu will be up for grabs .