z00ter

Avante clicking sound no power fixed although now feel a bit dumb

Ok

so my Avante runner (88) started making a clicking noise last weekend when I took it out for some fun at the local tennis courts.

Had a bit of fun racing the wife driving a TL01, then on the way home started hearing a clicking sound coming from the Avante

I got scared so picked it up and headed home.

for the past week I have been taking the rear gearbox apart, took it apart and could not find anything , all teeth on every gear everything looked fine.

now I even asked my new friend Tamiya era if he had any idea, I couldn't reproduce the sound when holding it, but if I put it down and tried to speed up

click click click !

ugh now comes the part I feel silly about, while taking the gear box apart for about the 15th time I noiced this:

jred8j.jpg

Now I know im new to this, but tell me im not the first miss that please hahaha,

just my story of the week

Enjoy !

Ah, things like that happen. No reason to feel bad about that.

Just find a replacement and keep running that Avante! I know I would if it was mine :)

By the way, some pictures of the car would not hurt ;)

So at the moment I started running the avante with a drive shaft from one of the shelfers, so started looking for a nw one, have found this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-4135027-Avante-Drive-Shaft-58072-NEW-1-Egress-/120665508857?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item1c18398bf9

does that look right to you guys ?

Yes mate..this dog bone is comon for Avante/Egress/Vanquish. ..

cheers mate, x 2 ordered (just incase cant find um in the future :) )

Dont throw the old one away! you can press new pins into them using a vice - pull the old ones out using a decent pair of side cutters :P

for new dogbone pins I've used everything from drill blanks to chunky body clips

• Like 1