Sign in to follow this  
Kenny G

Regrets...

Excuse me if I get reminiscent for a minute. It's slow at work today and I was just perusing photobucket and was reminded of some long, lost RC's that I haven't seen for a bit. I guess I should have named the thread: "Why the #@$%* did I sell these?!"

DSCN3241.jpg

DSCN3242.jpg

DSCN3787.jpg

DSCN3811.jpg

DSCN3788.jpg

DSCN3642.jpg

DSCN2555.jpg

DSC03318.jpg

DSCN1383.jpg

DSCN0611.jpg

DSC02421.jpg

DSC02344.jpg

Traded my 'Jero with tail light mod for a pretty nice motorcycle....miss that too :(

DSC02345.jpg

DSCN3180.jpg

DSC03769.jpg

I really do enjoy building scale, but not driving it so much.

Many projects were sold to fund another, but I really wish I could have kept them. Oh well.

Keeping this for sure through.

DSCN4122_zps8b7c9e3d.jpg

So, any regrets?

You certainly have some stunners there! Love the padge and the fj :)

Off the top of my head, my biggest regret was selling my blitzer.

It was so much fun zipping up and down the beach and if I still had it it would be 3s and brushless lol. There is probably others but this is the first thing I can think of. Might go troll through my pbucket account too haha ;)

http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=108196&id=29688

I have corrected most of my regrets by buying back stuff that I had wished I never sold. For instance I foolishly sold a Full Option Knight Hauler a few years ago after only paying £330 for it in the days of $2 to £1. I bought one back early this year for a very decent price in the current climate but still nowhere near the original steal that I got it for.

Another regret is having two Top Force re-re's and letting them go because at the time I thought it was a bit ugly. I'm now praying for a re-re of the re-re. :lol:

My other two regrets are selling a NIB Bigwig for £200, before the kit's value started to rocket, and selling my new built Turbo Optima Mid. That one has more or less been corrected as I have the full stash of new parts to build a Turbo SE, although I don't have a box to accompany it. :mellow:

My last regret that I can think of : Using a high strength bath of nitro fuel to strip paint off a brand new genuine Kyosho Optima Mid bodyshell and forgetting to take it out before it melted the whole shell. :rolleyes:

Nice cars and pics

I have only a few regrets and learnt my lesson from them.

2 biggest regrets is selling my Top Force EVO runner after I came 2nd at the N.S.W state titles in 19t back in 2006 against modern cars. I have since built another Top Force out of parts to be a runner ( Not EVO though) & bought a original Top Force NB for my shelf.

The other was selling my Lazer ZX R aound the same time. I haven't sold anything since. I have 2 Lazer's back in my collection BUT I say to others that I collect not to sell even if there is a very nice profit to be made as I know I will always regret it :(:(:(:(:(

I have been a Maxx builder for many years, and wished I could have kept them all. As most of you say they were also sold to finance other builds. I spend 90% of my rc time building and 10 % driving, so have to sell something once a while. If I had kept all that I have build, I bet my wife wouldn't be so happy either :angry:

Here are a few pics, of what I miss:

458696-truck-supermaxx-predator-e-maxx_z

464135-truck-gorillamaxx-g2-cf-e-maxx_zp

423362-truck-gorilla-g4-e-maxx_zpsfa23b9

12595-truck-gorilla-e-maxx-_zpscf1813b4.

448467-buggy-tamiya-boomerang-58055_zpsa

416402-truck-tamiya-blackfoot-580581_zps

and right now I am about to sell this one, which I probably also regret, but then I am out of the Maxx world.

I can only blame you guys, for dragging me further into the Tamiya world :P

hcr4_0_zpsd6cdcd00.jpg

**** wish I could stretch to those maxx parts I love my emaxx but its pretty much standard apart from a dewalt motor. Great trucks though

The main thing I wish I hadn't sold was my full option Tamiya Tiger 1. I regretted that almost as soon as it was gone and I won't be in a position to replace it anytime soon :( I don't evan have any pics of the beast!

The main thing I wish I hadn't sold was my full option Tamiya Tiger 1. I regretted that almost as soon as it was gone and I won't be in a position to replace it anytime soon :( I don't evan have any pics of the beast!

guessing you missed out on the Heng Long Tigers Modelzone where selling off for £70 ? They looked rather nice at that price .

I regret trading my Dyna Storm, Dark Impact and M03 Mini... although I got good deals and they weren't getting used. I just miss them...

I regret selling my FF01 and DF01 - my first two hobby-grade RCs. They went to help fund an overseas trip on which I met the woman of my dreams (who is now my wife) so they went for a good reason, but I would really like to replace them at some point.

• Like 1

guessing you missed out on the Heng Long Tigers Modelzone where selling off for £70 ? They looked rather nice at that price .

Nah Ive already got a metal track and gearbox HL Tiger 1 that I'm converting into a late war version. The last HLTiger I bought only cost me £55! It was a few years ago mind you :)

No regrets so far with purchased or sold RC. Evens happen and can always get them back so long as the fundings are available. So no point in crying over spilled milk.

To reduce "regrets" take lots of photos and store them properly with back ups, which allows you to look and dream about when he/she was in your sweaty little hands. :lol:

I have loads of regrets on selling R\C cars in the past but I think sometimes you have to sell to be able to get new models.

I am now on my 6th Clod Buster! I have decided I am not selling this one! LOL

My biggest regret though in R\C was selling my Tamiya Lunch Box because the "now wife" said to sell it.

Can you believe the guy who bought the Clod Buster from me left feedback on ebay simply saying "OK"

He got it for £110 in perfect condition back in 2006, fully ballraced, working lights and several hopups.. I myself NEVER manage to get bargains like that on R\C cars!

une5.jpg

I miss my Lunchbox :( (I want another one, one day, yes one day it will be mine!)

mwgu.jpg

f0ue.jpg

I like the matching painted transmitter - that's a good way to remember which goes with which car!

• Like 1

I like the matching painted transmitter - that's a good way to remember which goes with which car!

I stand to correct you, sir, is matching painted Lunch Box. :lol: It shows true appreciation towards a specific model or you are telling others you only have one RC or you are so rich that one radio per RC. In the end there is nothing like having everything that matches.

I regret getting married to the first broom rider as she made me sell my first collection and pocketed the cash lol.

Now I have a better wife and collection haha

• Like 1

I regret getting married to the first broom rider as she made me sell my first collection and pocketed the cash lol.

Now I have a better wife and collection haha

I hope she was burned at the stake!

• Like 1