Johnny_00

egress rerelease in nov 2013

The fact this does have blister packs has sort of got my interest, especially with the news of the Avante 2001 even though I think that was released in 1990 and I'm only really an 80s fan. The other prob is that I still want my bruiser, I'm guessing it will still be around for a while so am I better getting the egress first as there seems to be a lot of people showing interest in more than one kit?

It's lost the wow factor because there are no bearings in the blister pack? Really?

Up until about a week ago I was expecting it to have no blister packs at all but the wow factor was still there. :)

I agree, there is a HUGE WOW factor. Hybrid tires are back, the decals, body, etc. This is right up there with the Bruiser as far as rere goodness. If you dont like the kit go ahead and pay 1000+ for a NIB. Im good with low 400 for this bad boy, which will be ran!!!!

WE are all WAOOOOO Factors..heheh

ecpecially the front damper stay in blister pack B, which gives nice look despite the motor mount and plate...hahahah

anyone that can tell me what the different electronics are that are shown in the pictures from Tamiya?

The one shown in the TamiyaUSA gallery (http://www.tamiyausa.com/images/product/250/58583/gallery_58583_chassis.jpg) contains:

Tamiya Expec 2.4ghz GT1 (45046) radio set

45046.jpg?rand=748170792

Tamiya BZ motor (53930)

header_53930.jpg?rand=204545086

Tamiya 1600SP Ni-Cd battery (55095 long discontinued).

55095.jpg

The demo at the Japanese hobby show had a Tamiya RC2400SP Zapped Pack (55086 long discontinued)

41KnrfZAu3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The Expec 2.4ghz was also sold in two other versions without the TEU-302BK (45028) speed control

- 45045 GT1 1-servo

- 45050 GT2 2-servo

• Like 1

I bet the 1600 nicd struggles to power the egress with the bz fitted .

where can I purchase a Tamiya Expec 2.4ghz GT1 (45046) radio set in the uk ?

I bet the 1600 nicd struggles to power the egress with the bz fitted .

Nickle race-pack would struggle to power a wrist watch. I would take a lipo with NO LV-cuttoff any day. /rant

Vintage ni-cd looks good on the shelf.

After "late night check" it seems that Fusion Hobbies starts delivery on December, 2nd

Think I'm gonna go brushed, Tamiya Super Modified, with a Volac and KO radio gear, jury out on cells, may stick with Nimh TBH, not looking for insanity, i got other, more capable chassis' for that, think that set up should be pretty fun in the Egress!

lee

• Like 1

The one shown in the TamiyaUSA gallery (http://www.tamiyausa.com/images/product/250/58583/gallery_58583_chassis.jpg) contains:

Tamiya Expec 2.4ghz GT1 (45046) radio set

45046.jpg?rand=748170792

Tamiya BZ motor (53930)

header_53930.jpg?rand=204545086

Tamiya 1600SP Ni-Cd battery (55095 long discontinued).

55095.jpg

The demo at the Japanese hobby show had a Tamiya RC2400SP Zapped Pack (55086 long discontinued)

41KnrfZAu3L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The Expec 2.4ghz was also sold in two other versions without the TEU-302BK (45028) speed control

- 45045 GT1 1-servo

- 45050 GT2 2-servo

Thanks, 94eg!

I really do not understand WHY Tamiya did a proper Box Art for the Avante with re re parts illustration while for the Egress is the same as vintage box art even the blue adjusters , they didnt manage to make it at least Black !!!

Huuuuuh

I really do not understand WHY Tamiya did a proper Box Art for the Avante with re re parts illustration while for the Egress is the same as vintage box art even the blue adjusters , they didnt manage to make it at least Black !!!

Huuuuuh

Good point. It's a surprise that they didn't bother to colour the adjusters black on the artwork. After all, they removed the gold wheels from the Hotshot. They even removed the tyre lettering from the Scorcher when they didn't even need to.

We can hope that the pictures we saw were of an alpha test mockup, not the real deal. We can hope.

We can hope that the pictures we saw were of an alpha test mockup, not the real deal. We can hope.

I wouldn't be surprised if the box art in the Tokyo Hobby Show as just as you mentioned, a mockup.

Come on , i am waiting . It's nov & i'm on edge :D ....

• Like 1

Come on , i am waiting . It's nov & i'm on edge :D ....

I am expecting the email from Stella either today or tomorrow.

• Like 2

I am expecting the email from Stella either today or tomorrow.

We can only hope ! . I can't wait to get my hands on these fine Tamiya master peaces WOOHOO !.

i have a friend who has already purchased the re re Egress from Singapore from a local shop for only 520sing dollar....:)

looks cool

so probably, stella will be same + shipping?

i have a friend who has already purchased the re re Egress from Singapore from a local shop for only 520sing dollar.... :)

looks cool

so probably, stella will be same + shipping?

If stella was $520 + $60 shipping then that would be more than FusionHobbies UK retail price. Given Fusion offer up to 10% discount that would make then £40 cheaper than Stella delivered.

Stella have got to come in at under $460-470 shipped to UK, otherwise it won't be worth buying from HK - thats ca £310

Even at that price I'd rather pay another £28 locally and not worry about import duties/handling fees etc.

Stella need to be under $450 shipped for my business

• Like 2