Johnny_00

egress rerelease in nov 2013

Finally felt well enough to work on my Egress build today - it's gone really well, except for missing a few bits and having to do a partial disassemble a couple of times to correct these mistakes. That is mostly because I am not entirely recovered. Silly me for trying to rush it!

I have noticed that the small 850 ball bearing that goes in the front gear box prop shaft joint keeps working its way out of its housing and up the chrome prop joint. Is this normal?

Compared to the Avante BS that I built, the Egress is really solid and has none of the rattles that plagued the Avante (because of its metal arms). The Egress just seems more refined in every way. Love the engineering of the Avante, but for running, I can see the Egress being a far superior beast.

I have also ordered my Speed Passion ESC and motor combo (Reventon S with 10.5R), and have also decided on Tamiya PS-48 Anodised Silver for the body shell.

Pics when I get to take some. :)

Anyone get regularly stung for charges from Germany? Just pondering a buy!

lee

Ahhh, was more wondering about hidden snaky Parcelforce handling fees buddy, but sounds killer, may get on that!

lee

Ahhh, was more wondering about hidden snaky Parcelforce handling fees buddy, but sounds killer, may get on that!

lee

the handling fees are only if there is a customs charge to be applied, the parcel has to be moved somewhere else, a bill calculated and a letter send to you, it all adds up. Everywhere in Europe (EU) is safe to trade with .

just ordered mine :) amzingly cheap on seidel, remeber that the avante was 550 in 2011?? so let that on go, few months ago the bruiser, im addicted to re re's :)

Pretty much finished my build now. The chassis with no electrics in looks really odd - it's sitting really high at the back, and looks more like something out of 'Whacky Races'! Is this normal?

I figured that it was due to the lack of weight, but after adding the motor, it still looks pretty funny. Not sure that the rest of the electrics will be heavy enough to flatten it out - especially with a very light LiPo battery.

Well, Thursday was another day of Egress farce for me.

I did decide to bite the bullet and buy a kit from Seidel, but it was only because I was recently invited by PayPal to add their "Pay After Delivery" option to my account. If anyone is not familiar with this option it basically allows you to purchase something and then pay for it 14 days later. PayPal pay the seller immediately and then collect the funds from the buyer two weeks later. This seemed perfect for me as I don't have all of the cash right now to pay for the Egress kit but I will be fine at the turn of the New Year.

So I duly went through the whole online buying process with Seidel only to find that PayPal would not offer the PAD option at checkout. It turns out that only certain transactions will be allowed to use PAD and independent online stores are not one of them, it's mainly a tool to be used in conjunction with ebay. It would have been nice for them to warn people about this before you actually confirm and order with someone though. In fact after a bit or research it turns out that whole set up is flaky to say the least and people are finding that one minute they are allowed to use it with a seller and then the next minute they are denied for another transaction with the very same seller.

So basically I had to apologise to Seidel and cancel the order. Seidel were great about it though, no hassle whatsoever. But thank you PayPal for building my hopes up and also making me look foolish at the same time. Absolute clowns.

Well, Thursday was another day of Egress farce for me.

I did decide to bite the bullet and buy a kit from Seidel, but it was only because I was recently invited by PayPal to add their "Pay After Delivery" option to my account. If anyone is not familiar with this option it basically allows you to purchase something and then pay for it 14 days later. PayPal pay the seller immediately and then collect the funds from the buyer two weeks later. This seemed perfect for me as I don't have all of the cash right now to pay for the Egress kit but I will be fine at the turn of the New Year.

So I duly went through the whole online buying process with Seidel only to find that PayPal would not offer the PAD option at checkout. It turns out that only certain transactions will be allowed to use PAD and independent online stores are not one of them, it's mainly a tool to be used in conjunction with ebay. It would have been nice for them to warn people about this before you actually confirm and order with someone though. In fact after a bit or research it turns out that whole set up is flaky to say the least and people are finding that one minute they are allowed to use it with a seller and then the next minute they are denied for another transaction with the very same seller.

So basically I had to apologise to Seidel and cancel the order. Seidel were great about it though, no hassle whatsoever. But thank you PayPal for building my hopes up and also making me look foolish at the same time. Absolute clowns.

Ohh man!

Wat a sad story

Ohh man!

Wat a sad story

Yes, not good. Let's just hope that Stella get their kits soon.

On the plus side, my 2001 body set arrived in superfast time. If only they had got their Egress kits at the same time, they would probably arrived by now too.

Well my credit card just took another hit,

Just ordered an egress from seidel,

Great price and they have it in stock :)

As I said before you guys get me spending money :rolleyes:

Well my egress is fully finished. I took the crusty silver can out as requested and the hefty cpr unit, i don't mind the tamiya teu104 esc as the heatsink on the top deck is slightly reminiscent of the factory pics of the cpr. The build was fab. Tamiya ps-74 however is not easy to work with. Such a translucent colour i thought the white backing may show through. I have fitted the optional white wheels and have an avante 2001 bodyset on the way. I have recently regretted sellling my old vintage cars but i think rere's are the way to go for me. Lovely to have it all shiny and a nice box. Check this beauty, makes me want an avante and or avante black badly now..

post-39121-0-16734200-1387806903_thumb.j

• Like 1

Ps just a tip... Do not place the reccomended 3mm and 5 mm preload on the shock springs or the car will sit far too high and have absolutely no droop. Leave the plastic shock collars as high as possible. I notice this car has more than enough rear suspension travel but not much front travel. Should go quite well though from the feel of it.

I forgot to mention.. I fitted the buggy with the centre one way bearing just because all my previous buggys ( except yokomo bx) have solid 4wd. To say this thing turns on a sixpence is not an understatement!, crazy amounts of steering, plus with the wheels hexes being 12mm i can fit some 1/10 racing foams and drive it on carpet at the local club. I cannot wait to see my mates face when i lap his xray xb4 with a nearly 25 year old buggy!. These tamiya buggys are just so smooth it is amazing. Even the rere hornet i built was super smooth, i think it is the lovely buttery plastic the gears are made from. I painted on a thin layer of ceramic grease with a paintbrush and it is buttery smooth!. Totally happy

Build 10/10

Looks 10/10

Packaging 10/10

Price 8/10 but you get what you pay for

I can't wait till you guys all get your hands on a built car, you're in for a treat

Psp can anyone help a brother out with a dyna-tech please?!

Ps just a tip... Do not place the reccomended 3mm and 5 mm preload on the shock springs or the car will sit far too high and have absolutely no droop. Leave the plastic shock collars as high as possible. I notice this car has more than enough rear suspension travel but not much front travel. Should go quite well though from the feel of it.

I forgot to mention.. I fitted the buggy with the centre one way bearing just because all my previous buggys ( except yokomo bx) have solid 4wd. To say this thing turns on a sixpence is not an understatement!, crazy amounts of steering, plus with the wheels hexes being 12mm i can fit some 1/10 racing foams and drive it on carpet at the local club. I cannot wait to see my mates face when i lap his xray xb4 with a nearly 25 year old buggy!. These tamiya buggys are just so smooth it is amazing. Even the rere hornet i built was super smooth, i think it is the lovely buttery plastic the gears are made from. I painted on a thin layer of ceramic grease with a paintbrush and it is buttery smooth!. Totally happy

Build 10/10

Looks 10/10

Packaging 10/10

Price 8/10 but you get what you pay for

I can't wait till you guys all get your hands on a built car, you're in for a treat

Psp can anyone help a brother out with a dyna-tech please?!

Glad you enjoyed it Mark!

Agreed all round, it's a stellar build.

If you look at Tamiyas vision for the Egress, going right back to the original, you'll see she was always a high rider. I kinda love that look personally, even though it massively impedes performance ;)

Tamiya ps-74 however is not easy to work with...

I was concerned that this may be the same paint I have ordered for mine, but it's not (couldn't remember the number for mine, but just checked and it's PS-48). Just out of interest though, what colour is this? I can't find any info on a 'PS-74' anywhere.

I was concerned that this may be the same paint I have ordered for mine, but it's not (couldn't remember the number for mine, but just checked and it's PS-48). Just out of interest though, what colour is this? I can't find any info on a 'PS-74' anywhere.

doesn't exist, highest # afaik is PS61 for the metallic orange they brought out for the Toyota 86 last yr.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/articles/ln/72/PS-chart.pdf

There's always a few ltd edn colours but they don't get PS#s

• Like 1

huuuuuuuh....stella says: no Egress this week. Net week will be another consignment and might be!...let s hope

I May have written the number wrong, it is the paint recommended in the manual, bright silver or something. Very translucent. Definetley needs backing with white. Results are nice tho. I have a 2001 shell on the way which i intend to do black but the more i look at avante 2001 box art the better that moonlight? Blue looks especially with the neon stickers. Ps my order of wheels and tyres came from samurai-japan2009 on ebay in about 3 or 4 days!. Over a weekend!. Excellent service all round.

My Egress kit arrived today from Seidel in Germany - I ordered it on Thursday afternoon so that is excellent service. Total price including postage was £311.

No more purchases for me now until they re-release the 959 or Celica Gr.B!

My Egress kit arrived today from Seidel in Germany - I ordered it on Thursday afternoon so that is excellent service. Total price including postage was £311.

No more purchases for me now until they re-release the 959 or Celica Gr.B!

Are you the unknown stuntman?!. I loved your truck when I was a kid

My tracking information this morning gave me good news!!!!

21-12-2013 00:02 - Milton Keynes Depot - Received at delivery depot

just 30 miles from me now, looks like Monday might be the day!

:)

Finished work at lunchtime yesterday, still no parcelforce, so I phoned them up, they called the driver but he was a long way off and wouldnt be with me till 3pm. I said not to worry about it as I wouldnt be there and to take it back to the depo.

So at 6pm, in the rain, wind and the storm I did what any normal person who's wanted an Egress for Christmas since he was 12 years old, standing in Beaties staring at the top shelf, would do. I got in the car and went and got it!

• Like 7

You rock Candyman, top drawer story, you enjoy that thing Xmas morning!

Lee

Well my egress is fully finished. I took the crusty silver can out as requested and the hefty cpr unit, i don't mind the tamiya teu104 esc as the heatsink on the top deck is slightly reminiscent of the factory pics of the cpr. The build was fab. Tamiya ps-74 however is not easy to work with. Such a translucent colour i thought the white backing may show through. I have fitted the optional white wheels and have an avante 2001 bodyset on the way. I have recently regretted sellling my old vintage cars but i think rere's are the way to go for me. Lovely to have it all shiny and a nice box. Check this beauty, makes me want an avante and or avante black badly now..

Excellent result! :)

Judging from the numbers of view, another sucess for Tamiya re release. But the re re bruiser is still the top dog / PIG.

I am a big fan of all these re-re's. I personally can't wait for the mountaineer to come out. That said I do with Mr Tamiya would creat some new kits but with the same old flair, even parts, from the 70's and 80's.

Where is the classic f150 truck on a real 4wd chassis for example :)

James.