Johnny_00

egress rerelease in nov 2013

Hmmm, not able to upload any more pictures?

Best to use a photo site like photobucket for your pictures instead of using the very limited space available to you here on the TamiyaClub server.

Just create an account on Photobucket, create an album (called "Tamiya Egress" or something), upload pictures to it, then use the IMG link provided by Photobucket and paste it into your post here. This forum likes tags for pictures.

Quite simple really, it only sounds complicated until you do it. :)

Edit to add: I agree that Tower does not pack well at all. That's why I buy 2 or 3 of each kit. Then I pick the worst one of the lot to build. ;)

• Like 1

Yes...totally not professional packing by Towers: only the kit and 3 pieces of bubble in one side. OMG!!!

I wrote to them about this annoying issue , Who knows! this time arrived safely buy next time might arrive Crunchy!..lool

• Like 1

Best to use a photo site like photobucket for your pictures instead of using the very limited space available to you here on the TamiyaClub server.

Just create an account on Photobucket, create an album (called "Tamiya Egress" or something), upload pictures to it, then use the IMG link provided by Photobucket and paste it into your post here. This forum likes tags for pictures.

Quite simple really, it only sounds complicated until you do it. :)

Edit to add: I agree that Tower does not pack well at all. That's why I buy 2 or 3 of each kit. Then I pick the worst one of the lot to build. ;)

Thanks for helping me out.

I got two more kits coming my way, so hopefully at least one of them will be mint.

• Like 1

Finally got my Egress all wired up and running after a few setup issues (the sensor cable that was supplied with my ESC and Motor combo is faulty - temporarily using the one from my TRF201), and took her out for a quick shakedown run with a replica (Kamtec) body shell and under tray fitted.

First impressions - the 10.5 motor is perfect speed wise for this chassis, imo. Need to set up the brake, etc, but will do this tomorrow when I have the time to connect it to my PC.

Need to paint the original body shell and under tray, and maybe buy a spare set for racing, as the fit of the Kamtec version is just dreadful.

I'll need to get a set of black DF03 wheels and mount a set of Dboots Terabyte tyres for racing, but I can do this later.

Have to say, in motion, I think that the Egress is the most aggressive looking buggy I have ever seen - she looks utterly stunning. :)

• Like 1

for those who build this kit,,,how did you find the screw BA2-3x10 while screwing into the gearbox plate? cos i can say it is a horrible screw to be fit through the gearbox plate and into part B1

Is it any different from BF4 3x10 going into B1 from step 1 of the Avante 2011 or BA2 3x10 going into B1 from step 1 of the Avante Black Special?

Is it any different from BF4 3x10 going into B1 from step 1 of the Avante 2011 or BA2 3x10 going into B1 from step 1 of the Avante Black Special?

No difference in re re Avante 2011/Avante Black Special and Egress, All uses same screw. The difference is in Vintage Avante/Egress that uses 3x10 round head instead. If tamiya just skipped this new screw look and used the same as vintage one, then it will be so easy to screw in and avoide head damage..:)

Finally got my Egress all wired up and running after a few setup issues (the sensor cable that was supplied with my ESC and Motor combo is faulty - temporarily using the one from my TRF201), and took her out for a quick shakedown run with a replica (Kamtec) body shell and under tray fitted.

First impressions - the 10.5 motor is perfect speed wise for this chassis, imo. Need to set up the brake, etc, but will do this tomorrow when I have the time to connect it to my PC.

Need to paint the original body shell and under tray, and maybe buy a spare set for racing, as the fit of the Kamtec version is just dreadful.

I'll need to get a set of black DF03 wheels and mount a set of Dboots Terabyte tyres for racing, but I can do this later.

Have to say, in motion, I think that the Egress is the most aggressive looking buggy I have ever seen - she looks utterly stunning. :)

im stil waiting for mine, is there a correct pinion included in the the kit for a 10.5?

ow and hurry up DHL jeez :( one week already

18T or 19T should do. I would purchase Robinson Racing's steel 0.6mod pinions though. Tamiya's are aluminum and wear quickly with high power setups.

BTW: With brushless, gearing has just as much to do with your ESC setup as it does your motor & running conditions. At least if you are running advanced ESCs with adjustable timing etc...

Stella replied with email about the Egress that it will be will be in stock early next week for a price of $386 excluding shipping.

:)

Stella replied with email about the Egress that it will be will be in stock early next week for a price of $386 excluding shipping.[/size]

:)

Yeah I just got the same message...why am I considering a 3rd? What's wrong with me?

• Like 2

Yeah I just got the same message...why am I considering a 3rd? What's wrong with me?

looooool...i have already good numbers of kits so i skipped stella's one ;)

they were very late which i couldn't wait....maybe will consider buying from them some where next year

• Like 1

I too got the email from stella,

Will have 1 kit coming from them :D

My order from Banzai is sat with parcelforce in Coventry awaiting customs clearance - I'm holding off the stella reservation for now, purely to see if i get stung on the first one. Stella price is OK, but if you were to get caught for import duties at the full price then you'd be looking at ca £325 delivered, not much less than buying in Europe - guess it depends how lucky you feel !

I got an e mail as well , woohoo !! . Still only going to get two this round .

Seems Stella have stock :)

Stella sent me an email to select shipping,

airmail or ems,

so they can then send me an invoice to pay.

Ohh Man,,,,collected a huge box :DB)

Hope it's not a box of air :P . Pic's & not of the air :lol: