Johnny_00

egress rerelease in nov 2013

Just checked my 2nd batch one and can't see any issues through the plastic packaging. Chassis issue that is

• Like 1

Just checked my 2nd batch one and can't see any issues through the plastic packaging. Chassis issue that is

i believe some from the 1st batches are having this issue..

• Like 1

I recently started my Egress build despite having the kit before Christmas, and I too have the chassis defect. Can't say that I'm not disappointed in Tamiya for letting these slip through Q.C. but what the heck it's a runner anyway.

• Like 1

samurai-japan2009 on eBay was selling these a month or so back, but nothing of late

Has the Black rims back at the moment , but no bodys yet .

I recently started my Egress build despite having the kit before Christmas, and I too have the chassis defect. Can't say that I'm not disappointed in Tamiya for letting these slip through Q.C. but what the heck it's a runner anyway.

I think this is why it got delayed , some were sent . Before some one saw the defect ? & the rest got held back

for inspection ?. This is why it was "hush" "hush" ? & NO info why the big delay ! ..

plus the odd typhoon or 2 too, kinda disruptive on shipping schedules

Well NO !! , Only because there were some sent around the world , so the shipping was not disrupted , But there was LTD kits sent.

We came to that conclusion that may have been typhoon etc ! .

You would have through that they would have said if that was the case , But there was nothing said at all . So this i why i'm thinking

there was a defect , As you would have herd the reason for the delay ?. It is me thinking out loud :D ..

The reason of these defect ( btw not only the chassis, but also some screws are not well cut and not will fit its place ) is tamiya wanted to make their sales so fast Nd didnt realize that will end up in these defect.

The reason of these defect ( btw not only the chassis, but also some screws are not well cut and not will fit its place ) is tamiya wanted to make their sales so fast Nd didnt realize that will end up in these defect.

or they took the gamble that a High% of buyers probably won't even build their kits...

hahahaha except somebody here spoilt their plan :ph34r:

be careful if Yakuza come knocking on frontdoor late in the night :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Stella have stock again (just this minute checked). Just thought I would post up in case anyone still wants to pick one up.

Stella have stock again (just this minute checked). Just thought I would post up in case anyone still wants to pick one up.

Have done for a few days :D .. Was a creased box Egress cheaper as well , not by much .

I'm thinking of getting another one for spares and an extra (realistically priced) body set. Hope they have one left next month!

• Like 1

I'm thinking of getting another one for spares and an extra (realistically priced) body set. Hope they have one left next month!

thats is true....it will be wise to get another kit as spares ( save money and parts )

i have already a spare kit and feel relaxed...;)

Did anyone see that a German modelshop on ebay was selling egress kits at £111.00 . Must have been a clerical error. I bet someone's in for a telling off. They sold 2 at that price. If you look under egress worldwide completed listings you will see them, The shop is mbs-schnellversand

Egress kit number two is winging it's way over to me this weekend from Stella. :)

Basically, I decided I couldn't risk gambling on the kit getting a longer production run over the next year or so. I want an A2K1 shelfer to go with my Egress and I've already got the 84372 body set so I can relax now.

I will now watch merely as an interested bystander to see what happens with the Egress. There still seems to be a plentiful supply amongst the HK sellers at the moment though.

• Like 1

good to be safe vs sorry, but I wouldn't be too concerned over stock levels ATM

methinks there's still plenty of kits "in the system" ;)

surprisingly (for a mob that don't bother bringing in most of the TRF kits) they've even turned up downunder! :D

this is what I found in LHS last week!

9D9A8AA2-8CA3-49B4-82A1-E207A82DC548.jpg

usually oz is last in the queue to get juicy goodies, and sometimes could be only getting the leftovers but hey

Next issue now is... they've tagged them for $599 in store

but found them selling also for $449 on fleaBay which ain't too bad.

• Like 2

And if you have a good source you csn get it even for 400...;-)

my bad, those $#s are AUD$ so $449 is about US$400ish these days :P

How much would you value being able to walk into local store,

being able to check the whole kit over (not shrink wrapped)

and make sure everything is perfect before paying... ;)

Then bringing it home yourself same day no waiting hahaha :D

• Like 4

The latest issue of the English rc Mag, either racer, or rc race car is running a full back page advert for the tamiya egress, this means that this car will be distributed by the hobby company unlike the avante so it seems there will be plenty of egress kits to go around.

Regarding The chassis defect, here is a reply from one seller who tried to assist me but.....:

(I forwarded these images to my Tamiya Rep. He told me they use multiple suppliers for their carbon fiber components and it appears that there are some issues with the pores in resin on these chassis however this will not affect performance and are cosmetic. They have no resolution to offer us at this time. I explained the collectible nature of the Egress and our desire to have a perfect shelf queen, but he said there is nothing to offer us to resolve the issue.)

So....Tamiya is this your services? so disappointing then!

• Like 1

The latest issue of the English rc Mag, either racer, or rc race car is running a full back page advert for the tamiya egress, this means that this car will be distributed by the hobby company unlike the avante so it seems there will be plenty of egress kits to go around.

plenty of Egress kits with plenty of defected chassis... :)

So far i know 5 people having this issue

• Like 1

Regarding The chassis defect, here is a reply from one seller who tried to assist me but.....:

(I forwarded these images to my Tamiya Rep. He told me they use multiple suppliers for their carbon fiber components and it appears that there are some issues with the pores in resin on these chassis however this will not affect performance and are cosmetic. They have no resolution to offer us at this time. I explained the collectible nature of the Egress and our desire to have a perfect shelf queen, but he said there is nothing to offer us to resolve the issue.)

So....Tamiya is this your services? so disappointing then!

It's not a defect. It's just some air bubbles in the resin. It has no effect on the parts what so ever. This is a mass produced toy car you are talking about. Please don't think I'm being harsh, but this not some custom one off piece of art that we are talking about.

Another bump for this thread, to take it closer to the 100 page mark. :)

My second Egress arrived from Stella today, and it's even better than the first one...which had some slight bowing along the side of the box. Not a big deal, but this one is truly immaculate. No customs whammy either. :D

Packaging was of the usual Stella bomb-proof standard!

d_zps6be5cff9.jpg

• Like 3