Johnny_00

egress rerelease in nov 2013

Finally finished mine and got it running.

CompleteExport_zpsa2ba0e58.jpg

9.5 turn brushless Speed Passion and Reventon ESC

FlySky FS-GT3B Radio

For running, also :

Tamiya 51241 High Density Spike Tires K

Tamiya 53880 Large Dish Wheels

Not even going to run the stock wheels - too nice !

The first ESC/Motor combo had to sent back to Modelsport as they cogged badly. They were great, tested them and sent me replacements that work fine, although reverse is still sometimes hesitant.

Some shakedown footage

It's a little quicker than my vintage Blackfoot and the steering is very fast.

• Like 1

In lack of exiting stuff in Nürnberg, I bought myself an Egress yesterday. Looking forward to build this great buggy.

• Like 3

Rolling chassis built up, still need to finish up electrics hopefully tomorrow.

Will post up a few pics and spec when its finished :)

imagejpg1_zps04c0d6b4.jpg

• Like 1

thinking about building and running mine. maybe i need another one, one to live in the box and one to build.......

I could use the motor out of my top force, kill 2 birds with 1 stone

time i sorted myself out with an avatar pic.

What about these black Hi Cap dampers?

Max

Hi Max, they are anodised same as the other parts on the chassis. I also used hex hardware and black nuts including the flanged ones plus washers for attention to detail and to further darken the chassis.

Installed electrics today, tekin rs gen2/8.5t combo, xpert rc low profile lee martin servo, futaba rx. Have ordered a core rc lipo for it. Made up a lead for the servo as its a very short lead, shortened the esc lead and all in black braid :)

IMG_1942_zps2e9b2e92.jpg

• Like 2

So you anodized the dampers and the aluminum parts!

Can we have more detailed pictures of the dampers please?

Max

So you anodized the dampers and the aluminum parts!

Can we have more detailed pictures of the dampers please?

Max

No problem Max, correct all the aluminium parts are anodised black.

The egress is one of my personal favourites and tbh i just went a bit overboard on it :)

imagejpg11_zpsd6efa919.jpg

• Like 1

That's great! I would like to anodize them gold for my Avante 2001...

Max

• Like 1

That's great! I would like to anodize them gold for my Avante 2001...

Max

They do look great anodised tbh, gold will look well.

I was going to wait till my bodyshell is done and post a pic on here, I could post a few pics on here or do a little build thread etc, being new on here not sure what would be appropriate and if people want to see it :)

They do look great anodised tbh, gold will look well.

I was going to wait till my bodyshell is done and post a pic on here, I could post a few pics on here or do a little build thread etc, being new on here not sure what would be appropriate and if people want to see it :)

I am sure I can speak for everyone and say that we would love to see a build thread and any extra pics that you have. It's always good to see people doing something different to the norm.

• Like 2

WooHoo 100 pages of Egress goodness !! :D ..

Oh Yer !! would would love to see the build thread & lot's of pic's .

I really like what you have done so far ....

• Like 3

Hey, my post should have started page no. 100 :)

Guess I am a bit late, but rather late than never.

cid__IMG_1967_zps5b895d43.jpg

• Like 4

I am sure I can speak for everyone and say that we would love to see a build thread and any extra pics that you have. It's always good to see people doing something different to the norm.

WooHoo 100 pages of Egress goodness !! :D ..

Oh Yer !! would would love to see the build thread & lot's of pic's .

I really like what you have done so far ....

Cheers guys and thank you for the kind words.

Started to post in "the builds" section for anybody who fancies a closer look :)

• Like 1

I see Stella has them back in stock $365. US $$ .... ;) do i need another one or two :lol: .

Here's a photo of mine having getting some big air :) Tamiya modern buggy wing installed, as the original wing was starting to get bashed :)

image.jpg

I've managed to break the front carbon damper stay. Not sure if it's becuase of my numerous crashes, or because of how the track marshall handles the car after a crash (grabbing it by the damper stay). I have a spare one and I've also asked the local hobby store to order me another one, but I don't want to risk breaking another. I've ordered the aluminum damper stay from ebay, but they are the vintage style. Any idea how it will affect the geometry?

imagejpg1-3.jpg

• Like 2

I noticed that the alu damper stay have a tendency to bend… You'd rather buy a 3mm thick carbon sheet and create your own damper stay; I've done that and since then, no problems! I can copy it almost as much as I want, you only need a dremel! When you're talking about the one you ordered, you mean you bought an avante 2001 damper stay or an egress one?

Fred

I noticed that the alu damper stay have a tendency to bend… You'd rather buy a 3mm thick carbon sheet and create your own damper stay; I've done that and since then, no problems! I can copy it almost as much as I want, you only need a dremel! When you're talking about the one you ordered, you mean you bought an avante 2001 damper stay or an egress one?

Fred

I bought the Egress one. Do you have a photo of the custom damper stays you have made? I actually thought about doing that.

The Egress 2013 front damper stay weak spot is the area around the countersunk holes. It needs to have more surface area around those holes.

imagejpg1-4.jpg

• Like 1

I bought the Egress one. Do you have a photo of the custom damper stays you have made? I actually thought about doing that.

The Egress 2013 front damper stay weak spot is the area around the countersunk holes. It needs to have more surface area around those holes.

Posted Image

Are the holes counter sunk for looks or clearance? If not practical I would not counter sink and spread the load with a washer

I'm back! All Tamico kits are shrink wrapped? I need a bf8-9 parts or a way to copy these parts... can anyone help me?

I sealed the edges on mine as seen in the photo but not the countersunk holes. Manual doesn't instruct to use CA on the damper stays and steering link but I did it anyway.