Johnny_00

egress rerelease in nov 2013

Received the ebay aluminum damper stays today. Quality looks top notch. Will post some pictures once I have them fitted

image_1.jpg

• Like 1

Just fitted the aluminum dmper stays from ebay. It was a perfect fit. And as another plus, it makes inserting the nose of the body through the damper stay so much easier. My Egress is finally back in action :)

image.jpg1.jpg

image.jpg2.jpg

image.jpg3.jpg

• Like 5

I have a pair of the bf8/9 repro's spare,the ones that need to be bent up into shape. .

I am getting a very healthy tax return! Once I pay off debt I still have room for this bad boy! Anyone still making replica BF8/9? Or has a set they'd like to get rid of?

I've 3 pair (replica) made by english friend here... superb! I'm finishing (polish and bend)... why Mr Tamiya re-re missing this super sexy parts?!?!

Yeah I sadly sold out of the BF8/9's last year. They cost a small fortune to get made but luckily over the duration of time that I was selling them I actually made most of the money back. I only did it so that I could have a set for my Egress ;) Glad they've been of use to folks on here. I got to a point with bending and polishing them, that the ONLY way I can tell them apart from the originals is by looking for the L and R engraved into the official ones. I only wish the local metal workers could have managed the bends too, that would have made them perfect.

Long live the glorious Egress!

• Like 1

Yeah I sadly sold out of the BF8/9's last year. They cost a small fortune to get made but luckily over the duration of time that I was selling them I actually made most of the money back. I only did it so that I could have a set for my Egress ;) Glad they've been of use to folks on here. I got to a point with bending and polishing them, that the ONLY way I can tell them apart from the originals is by looking for the L and R engraved into the official ones. I only wish the local metal workers could have managed the bends too, that would have made them perfect.

Long live the glorious Egress!

So can you make BF8-9 again?

Snapped off the wing stay at the track yesterday. Also broke a shock shaft on my 1/8 buggy and lost a damper spring retainer on my TT-02 buggy so I guess it just wasn't my day :)

Will try to fabricate a new wing stay using a bicycle wheel spoke

image_2.jpg

• Like 1

If there is a possibility of the front damper mounts being available again,

BF8 and BF9

I would be interested in a set

I think I am going to paint mine gun metal like my EVO. Thoughts?

• Like 2

I think I am going to paint mine gun metal like my EVO. Thoughts?

It looks great in gun metal

20150106_220306_zpst8dqamgj.jpg

• Like 2

Can someone push down on the front of their Egress 2013 and please tell me, does the front suspension bottom out when the inner adjuster on the steering tie rods foul on the carbon fibre steering bridge ? So the adjuster hitting the bridge is the first thing that stops the suspension travel. Is that what happens on the 2013 ?

• Like 1

Can someone push down on the front of their Egress 2013 and please tell me, does the front suspension bottom out when the inner adjuster on the steering tie rods foul on the carbon fibre steering bridge ? So the adjuster hitting the bridge is the first thing that stops the suspension travel. Is that what happens on the 2013 ?

I dont have this issue Mate.....Can you illustrate with some photos!?

That's what happens with the original 58079 Egress so I'm interested to find out if there's a subtle difference in the 2013 steering bridge to overcome that ?

• Like 1

That's what happens with the original 58079 Egress so I'm interested to find out if there's a subtle difference in the 2013 steering bridge to overcome that ?

Great eyes Mate :)

I will study the case on my 2013 and 1989 today and will give the feedback!

• Like 2

Thommo , you still not got a 2013 Egress yet :( ... When i read this i throught you had :D ..

Thommo , you still not got a 2013 Egress yet :( ... When i read this i throught you had :D ..

Mortgage is killing me......... No money for toys until I sell something or win lotto :( Hey though, my family is healthy, we enjoy a great lifestyle and we have a roof overhead so no complaining here.

What it has done though is got me started on a re-vamp of my 58079 Egress by sneaking a few small purchases in on every pay cycle :D

Still very keen to know answers to the above post #2503 / #2505. My Egress front suspension definately binds up because of the steering preventing further travel and before the Hi-Cap is fully compressed. I think I can get more travel here by either swapping the adjuster to the top of the bridge (hopefully without increasing bump steer) or swapping to the 2013 steering bridge if it's different. If the 2013 bridge is in fact different, it would have to have the hole for the ball stud out closer to the outer edge of the bridge.

#Edit# I think the Avante 2001 (narrow) steering bridge might even combat this as it would reduce the angle of the tie rod.......

• Like 1

I have grabed my 2013 & it don't compress the shocks all the way , as the front

ball conector By the shock tower stops it .

Thanks thommo , now i need to fix mine :D ..

I think i can just move the ball conector on the alloy uprights down to the 2nd hole & that

should level the top upper arm & give me that movement i need .

Cheers Guys, I'll get it sorted. You've both given me some ideas to run with. Ta

Probably if you mount the Avante steering plate to the Egress steering linkages you will solve. But probably you also will have some problems with toe in/toe out angles.

Max

Thanks Max. It looks like I will be able to set this Egress front end up so it has the following:

Full suspension travel - no binding

Slight toe out on full droop

Neutral toe at rest with arms parallel to ground

Bump steer toeing in slightly on compression (negative bump steer)

Watcha reckon ? Any and all opinions valued and also, should I remove the front stabiliser bar ??

Cheers for help

Probably if you mount the Avante steering plate to the Egress steering linkages you will solve. But probably you also will have some problems with toe in/toe out angles.

Max

I think this could be the answer. If I bring the inner tie rod point inboard ala Avante metal steering bridge should bring the tie rod parallel with the arms and solve my problem.

What is the distance between the inner holes on the Avante steering bridge please, same as Egress ?

All unequal length double wishbone suspensions will have some bump steer. It's the nature of the beast.

Can anyone tell me what alternative shocks will fit on an egress?

Will modern TRF big bore buggy shocks (54504 & 54505) fit for example? The length looks fine - but will the bigger diameter springs cause binding?