Johnny_00

egress rerelease in nov 2013

I wouldn't read anything into that price at all - TamiyaUSA website is intended only as a last chance place to buy, they recommend you buy from local retailers.

If you look at the 54,000Yen supposed MRP quoted at www.1999.co.jp then thats around $620 at todays exchange rates. Compare that to the 94,000Yen MRP on the same site for the Bruiser. Without discounts the Egress is 55-60% the price of the Bruiser.

To me that sounds like £300 delivered from Stella is possible

Back to TUSA - they have the Avante listed at $782 so 5% more for the Eggy seems plausible.

Translate that 5% to Stellas current Avante pricing of $415 and you'd be looking at $425 for the Eggy +shipping - $500 delivered (£330)

People keep saying that it doesnt have Titanium Screws, is this puplished some where or just assumptions?

People keep saying that it doesnt have Titanium Screws, is this puplished some where or just assumptions?

if the Tit. Screws are there, then it should be in the Specification under feature items. Since nothing there, then No Tit. Screws.

I believe to see the Tit. Screw as a Hop up item same they did with Avante.

I have the July issue of Radio Race Car from 1991 and in the Modelsport mail order advert it lists the Egress as £249. I can't find an Avante listed anywhere, only the Avante 2001 listed at £169 but if i remember correctly the Avante used to be priced below £200 for the kit only in Beatties all those years ago. There was definitely a significant price difference between the two original kits.

I have the July issue of Radio Race Car from 1991 and in the Modelsport mail order advert it lists the Egress as £249. I can't find an Avante listed anywhere, only the Avante 2001 listed at £169 but if i remember correctly the Avante used to be priced below £200 for the kit only in Beatties all those years ago. There was definitely a significant price difference between the two original kits.

Is there anywya you could scan that and send it to me? Ive been looking for that issue online for a loooooooooooong time.

The finished model was on display at the recent hobby show in Japan. It definitely didn't have titanium screws.

• Like 1

The 1993 Tower Hobbies catalog had the Egress listed for $384.99.

For comparison, the same catalog listed the Super Astute for $209.99, Madcap for $129.99, Top Force for $229.99, and Avante 2001 for $269.99.

The 1992, 1991, 1990 and 1989 catalogs did not have the Egress. In fact, the 1992 catalog has NO Tamiya stuff at all. I think this is the period of time when Tamiya and MRC ended their relationship. The 1991 and earlier catalogs listed Tamiya stuff as "MRC/Tamiya" while 1993 and later list Tamiya stuff as "Tamiya".

There is now a msrp price on tamiya.com $822 thats quite allot really hope it will be cheaper other places.

Is there anywya you could scan that and send it to me? Ive been looking for that issue online for a loooooooooooong time.

Hi, do you mean the whole magazine? It's 90 pages and i don't have access to a scanner at the moment.

Well im good to go, now where's my re-re.

Might get a run of towers or brackets made if enough people still want them? tower is 3mm carbon.

egr01.jpg

• Like 1

Well im good to go, now where's my re-re.

Might get a run of towers or brackets made if enough people still want them? tower is 3mm carbon.

You're missing the BF4 plates.

http://tamiyablog.com/ first video, 10:14...oooooh momma!

Holy ****! Are they interviewing Maezumi Satoshi at 12:05 about the Egress?!?!?! Someone needs to translate that!

that mini 4wd stuff is so cool also loads of rere body there and a some full carbon bodies too.

Drooling !! Over the Egress & want one or two NOW!! .

Drooling !! Over the Egress & want one or two NOW!! .

Being an idiot, I'm starting to see the sense in buying 3. One to keep NIB, one to build as a shelfer and one to bash...just two is now starting to seem wrong...what is wrong with my brain? Somebody help me!

• Like 1

Well I'm only planning on buying one. I will build it and race it in a vintage class, but when I run it I will use a repro body shell, undertray and wing, and use modern 2.2 wheels (probably Dark Impact) and tyres. This way, I can put the kit originals back on for shelf display.

I might still buy one, I have my Vajgress/Egra to admire on the shelf after all. Whether I'll keep it NIB or run it I'm uncertain at the moment.

I don't really see much point buying multiple units - you can buy a runner status original for less than a re-re kit (when ebay bidders don't get carried away !)

I don't know wether its my eyes, or the camera angle, but the front tyres on the display model with the shell on look to have a very high side wall ?

I don't know wether its my eyes, or the camera angle, but the front tyres on the display model with the shell on look to have a very high side wall ?

I thought that too, but it must be a trick of the eye as they already have these tyres in production.

Glad it's not just me then. Perhaps they have tubby foam inserts ?