Sign in to follow this  
Grastens

Mud Blaster K Parts v. Frog Rear Arm Holders

Greetings:

I have been looking to remove some of the play in the rear arms of my O.R.V. chassis, but found few rear arm upgrades that appear to do so. However, I noticed that the rear arm holders included in the original Mud Blaster kit - located on the K parts tree - have grooves which look to keep the rear arm in place.

Given that the metal holders on the Frog can wear out easily without sufficient lubrication, do the Mud Blaster's plastic units offer any advantages? Will the wear problems continue at the same pace it does with my O.R.V. and its metal parts? Can the Mud Blaster's parts be fitted to a car that already has worn-out rear arms?

I noticed a rear arm holder kit in aluminum on the Internet, but wanted to see if Tamiya has already made a solution. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated!

Yes you can use the K Parts on the Frog and they do offer extra support as they hold the arm on 2 surfaces as opposed to just one of the metal brackets of original.

Are you sure it's just the outer arms that have worn as they tend to wear on the gearbox side (causing the gearbox sides to go oval)

You could get an upgraged (thicker alloy) support and also an upgraded bush set up for the inner arm (you pressed a top hat onto the plastic arm and the drilled the gearbox out bigger for the brass bush.,

These were a perfect upgrade and made by TMS - I have one NIP set (sorry not for sale) But they do pop up from time to time.

Another mod in the day was a plastic bush that sit inside the arm and a long bolt passed through the arm and connected both arms together. Again a good solution to a known problem but I've never seen a kit for sale in modern times..

The blackoot/monster beetle/mudblaster arm mounts were copies of the The CRP arm mounts. The benefit of the CRP mounts are that it came with a small plastic support that is pressed into the gearbox plastic