JWeston

Duston Mill RC

This is a great, informal and very friendly non-BRCA setup in Northampton who meet every Sunday.

A couple of us were there yesterday and really enjoyed it.

Look up their facebook page for more details.

J

If I was closer I would be coming to have a look. Pictures show the surface to be a little rough for race buggies so my Lunchbox and Sand Rover would get a lot of use.

So if its not a 'BRCA' set up - where does the insurance come from ??

I know they're insured but I don't know how they sort all that out.

No timed racing (at least there wasn't yesterday), you just put your car on the track and away you go. Maybe when things pick up they'll make it more official.

It's a bit of a trek for me on a Sunday so it won't be a regular thing for me but I'll definitely be going back.

If I was closer I would be coming to have a look. Pictures show the surface to be a little rough for race buggies so my Lunchbox and Sand Rover would get a lot of use.

So if its not a 'BRCA' set up - where does the insurance come from ??

THIS VENUE IS FULLY INSURED, which is one of the reasons there is a small payment to use the facilities for the day. You simply pay for yourself covering you and ALL of your rc vehicles for the whole day, you do NOT have to pay per car, per helicopter, per boat etc!

This is a large multi-use venue where other areas are used for other things like - car boot, bonfire night, corporate events etc. HENCE the INCLUSION of comprehensive insurance for the public, visitors and facilities users.

Please see DUSTON MILL on Facebook, there is a separate page for the RC facilities which INCLUDES - a track, open land (grass and gravel) and even a small river area for small rc boats!!

There are contact details on the venues Facebook page if you have any questions, but quite simply, its a venue without 'strict rules', so its a very good safe way of park bashing, you do as you like!!

I was using my RC10 B4 and Lunchbox ALL DAY yesterday, as there are no problems with the track. The track has been well used and pitted during this year, but the club are working hard to keep it in good condition, and the farmer works hard by looking after the surrounding areas.

Hi Guys,

It is a fantastic setup. I won't be able to make it until November but there are more local TC chaps who may go again this month (smitchos / gingerspice).

Please post any arrangements in this thread.

• Like 1

Nothing planned at present as the circuit is due to be lifted and changed around, also the conditions are not the best come the winter and the track gets closed untill the spring.

Check out there Facebook page for all details and opening etc.

I spoke to the Duston Mill boys a couple of weeks ago. They won't be rebuilding the track and using this site for the time being, so they are now looking for another site locally. It souinds like the land owner has lost interest. Any plenty of other things to do this year!! IconicRC A1 Revival Event - DT-02 Challenge - Clumber Park - Snetterton RC Track Meets etc etc. Looks like will be a very good 'rc' year in 2014 in the UK!