ddaenen1

An original Avante in poor state but with potential!

Thanks! Excellent advice. I was also thinking in the direction that my rear shafts were too long. They come off the original Avante 2001 rear dampers. Now the question is: is there a difference in length between both damper shafts and how long should the one from the Avante be.

Possibly, but it sounds like your length is pretty close if only one side falls out. Just adding a couple shims inside the damper (onto the rod before inserting the rod/piston assembly into the cylinder) should solve your problem. B)

Oh and cool score on the titan rods. I like them because they are a pretty unique looking piece.

Sorry I lost some post. I must stop to write in the night like now. I go to bed, good night.

Max

Ehm, it wasn't me that made the statement about "Toys" :rolleyes:

i ran it for 10 mins on concrete tiles to have a feel about the behaviour of the car and if all was functioning correctly.

Anyone has an idea is the color enrich of Avante 1988 decal is same as Avante 2011 decal?

Hello Haider, i can't say i noticed any significant difference between the 1988 decals and the 2011 decals from colour, gloss or colour depth point of view.

DD

Thanks Dominique....

My vintage Avante 1988 decal arevstrating to crack. So time to find a replacement. :-)

Ordered a set of Avante 2011 decal.