Sign in to follow this  
j hersman

big rig tranny

does anyone know where i could get just the 3spd tranny. ive tried tower hobbies but they dont list it, any ideas on where else to check? thanx

All 3-speed parts are long discontinued as far as I know icon_smile_sad.gif

I think you better give it a try on E**y. icon_smile.gif

Sjoerd

(E**y --> just to keep the 'tradition' running... lol icon_smile_tongue.gif )

I love Sand Scorchers, but I don't have one... Please help this poor collector...icon_smile.gifid=size1>

The Big Rig tranny is not discontinued. Most vendors don't carry parts for it, so you either have to order from your local hobby shop or from Tamiya directly. Refer to the manuals online at tamiyaclub for the Ford Aeromax to get the parts needed.

Be aware that there are at least two different versions of the transmission (they are minor differences though). The 1850L version of the transmission comes with an additional shift guide shaft that helps guide the shifte straight in and out. The Aeromax trannies do not come with this shift guide.

Total cost if you order it from Tamiya America is about $90 US. You might be able to get it cheaper from your LHS though, since Tamiya sells at full retail price.

I thought this was about 3-speed parts (hilux, BB, Bruiser, Mounty) icon_smile_shock.gif

Silly me... icon_smile_tongue.gif (those ARE discontinued, right? icon_smile_sad.gif )

Sjoerd

I love Sand Scorchers, but I don't have one... Please help this poor collector...icon_smile.gifid=size1>

thanks for the info, $90 isnt that bad. there arent any hobby shops around where i live so i guess ill have to get it directly from tamiya. thanks, jason

one more question, do i have to buy it in peices, or can i buy it complete? i tried to get the part numbers from tamiyaclub but this webtv **** gets to blurry to read the pages at max size. thanx for the help, jason