Sign in to follow this  
bazza 73

servos

hi tcms. dose any one now what the biggest servo is on the market as my 805mg hitec wont turn my wheels as my 1/4 scale model is to heavy approx 25/30 bls. would doubling up the servos work.i have thought about making a power servo from a 12v wiper motor but don't no what kit i would need to run it any ideas or thoughts welcome .cheers.

post-41655-0-61031200-1379536107_thumb.j

If you used a 55 turn 540 motor with a gear reducer then you could just use an ESC to control it. I'd think a real rack and pinion steering linkage would be the way to go or possibly some type of screw drive to make it move back and forth. What is the ounce torque of the servo that won't work? I put a 380 oz in a dual steering truck and it wants to flex the chassis and turning big tires on carpet is easy for it.

Something like this perhaps

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-NEW-1-4-x-3-Acme-Threads-and-Wear-Compensating-Nuts-2-5-Turns-5-Starts-/141048893517?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20d72b504d

Doubling up would be much simpler just need to build a linkage like the one in my e maxx. Still may not turn the wheels when stationary but should be enough for when its on the move surely??

I just thought that with the prices of really high torque servos you might get better power at a lower price with something like the screw actuators. It might not be the best for steering but I can think of a bunch of applications where something like that would really be cool, trailers and various truck movements come to mind.

hi daves thanks for your coments the servo in question is the 805mg hitech it bosts of high torque @6v but its not enough for my truck when all put together.

not sure about the screws think they might be to slow good thought tho would be grate for a tipper trailer gives me idlers for my trailer yet to build cheers.

Doubling up would be much simpler just need to build a linkage like the one in my e maxx. Still may not turn the wheels when stationary but should be enough for when its on the move surely??

think this is worth ago any chance you could show some pics to help me cheers.

Will try and take some for you tommorow its not an ideal solution but seems to work well in my e maxx still on original servos and it has had some abuse from the 12v dewalt motor lol

ok cheers

Will try and take some for you tommorow its not an ideal solution but seems to work well in my e maxx still on original servos and it has had some abuse from the 12v dewalt motor lol

ok cheers