Xeostar

Astute Restoration

That paint work clearly shows amazing attention paid to the layering and thought process behind the order of colours on a complicated scheme. It is simple enough for a hard body, but not so for a polycarbonate shell. Your work is phenomenal!

absolutely brilliant job, I cant fault it, what country are you in? id pay for a paint job like that !!

That paint work clearly shows amazing attention paid to the layering and thought process behind the order of colours on a complicated scheme. It is simple enough for a hard body, but not so for a polycarbonate shell. Your work is phenomenal!

Great work on the shell, and nice recovery on the windows.

Chaps,

Thanks for the kind comments, give me some motivation to the get job finished although I think the pictures hide some of the errors :-) Also I'm in the UK in near Barnsley in South Yorkshire.

Tonight I finished the yellow and silver stripes.

20130930_201001_zpsbf6ef3fe.jpg

I then added some tape to the inside where it might get scratched as this shell is such a tight fit.

20130930_202514_zpsf23eb8a3.jpg

And fitted to the shell.

20130930_211104_zps19d09353.jpg

20130930_203208_zps738ef2d5.jpg

20130930_203345_zps58b2168a.jpg

• Like 4

Managed to get the wing painted and mounted last night.

At the moment its got some of the old decals from the shell that came with the runner so there a bit tatty but they'll have to do until I can find some new that aren't going for megga bucks.

20131003_202657_zpsb21755fc.jpg

20131003_202738_zpsaad5342e.jpg

20131003_202843_zps94ab3239.jpg

• Like 2

great job on a classic model , i think my astue is my fav of the lot , just love your paint job ,

Very nice. Youve motivated me now to re-build my Astute and finaly paint it's new original body and apply its original decals that I have.

A fantastic finish on an excellent buggy - like the wing says: Awesome!

Evening all,

Sorry to dig up a very old thread but just wondering if anybody on here owns my old Astute that I restored many years ago?

I sold it but I forget how or to who now, long shot but thought I'd ask :-)

Pete