TWINSET

New GMade Scaler - Project Sawback

Just 'leaked' on Facebook
- only pic so far
Looks like it's got leafsprings though, if those are shackles sticking down below front bumper

sawback.jpg

• Like 1

Should be good - They've been working on it since early last year, there was a hint at it back in Feb 2012

vr01_wheel_3.jpg

Then there was another sighting in May this year;

sr02_07.jpg

Wow . If its good as it looks and a realistic price that's one more on my want list .

Wow . If its good as it looks and a realistic price that's one more on my want list .

Gmade don't do cheap, just cheaper than RC4WD !

GMade stuff's generally very good quality - and they've been working on this one for a while, so they should have the design nailed down too.

I'd spend ££ on GMade over RC$WD any day

• Like 1

Gmade don't do cheap, just cheaper than RC4WD !

:lol: Everyone is cheaper than RC4WD

• Like 1

This looks great, hope it's really the body they plan to release it with!

Cheers,

Skottoman

hope it's really the body they plan to release it with!

Yup, it's always been talked about with a Jeep body

competition is good... product improvement and keep prices inline. i would guess the sawback will be similar to gelande 2. Scaled rc based on 1940 design just cannot keep up with the modern stuff. But I like it as i am not a hardcore crawler and scale means more to me than performance.

I'd have one. Probably will have one. I note that they have opted for an axle mounted servo, which will mean some twiddling for this to be legal for the "true scale" classes that it would be aimed at, and plastic axle housings, so the price should be reasonable. Although, some G-Made trucks can be quite expensive, depending on how they are optioned. As long as it's cheaper than a Highlift I don't care :D

Let us see...

***Edit*** I just noticed... 6 lug wheels on a Jerp! SACRILEGE <_<

:P

Not a big Jeep fan usually, but dang this thing is hot!

(Not keen on the bright frame, but that can be changed)

LHS has a TF2 and Gland 2 in stock, dont think I would bother with this coming out!

But as everything, price dependant.

Not a big Jeep fan usually, but dang this thing is hot!

(Not keen on the bright frame, but that can be changed)

LHS has a TF2 and Gland 2 in stock, dont think I would bother with this coming out!

But as everything, price dependant.

Kind of agree with you. should also consider Axial jeep wrangler rebuicon unlimited..not as realistic as the Gelande 2, but should be more capable for some serious outing and cheaper too.

SO - so far we seem to agree that the frame needs to be something other than a bright finish and the wheels/tires need changing . As most of us change things as we build them that's not a huge issue . IMO I would spray the frame to match the body - olive drab maybe . Same with the wheels/tires that are all wrong - lots of jeep correct ones are available . Its all down to the Price but I want one of these for sure .

That is a cool looking truck, seems fairly basic too. I would be scared to bust of that windshield though, its a shame it's a lexan body. I hope the price is low on this, it looks like it could be a good truck. I don't think i would buy this over a tf2 but it would be a nice addition to the garage.

The lexan would be better painted on outside for a duller finish IMO, and its badly needs a driver !

some how is not quite there yet. the body can be a bit more detail and the chasis should be all black like axial did to make it more business like. The bumper is just a bit...odd...maybe is the decals on chrome...

what i do like is the round side mirror; the foldable wind screen; and the front seats.

I hope these are just prototypes and it will be tweeded a bit more before releasing to the general market. If as now, will fly under my radar.

The front bumper is way to high for a Willis Jeep and it has a lot more ground clearance, good for crawling but bad for scale looks. I doubt the leaf springs will be that good at crawling, seems they've compromised the body and the chassis in opposite directions? And it just looks stupid running around without a driver. Not impressed!

The front bumper looks about right for where the bodyshell is, just in front of the grille

There's a few holes left on the body posts to raise it if needed

images.jpg

As for a driver - this is 1/10 so most 7" figures will be fine - they work ok in the Wraith

If a driver was supplied it'd be wrong, either dressed in jeans instead of combats or sporting a baseball cap when he should be wearing a helmet - that's assuming we're agreed it should be a male driver :lol:

As for 'scale looks' I guess that depends what they used for reference

images2.jpg

images3.jpg

Any word on price or availability? I was considering one of the RC4WD trucks, but if this is significantly cheaper, it would give the budget some customizing room.