TWINSET

New GMade Scaler - Project Sawback

Twinsets right about the Dragon figures, bang on 12 inches. I do have a smaller female figure but she must be around 11inches tall. 1/7 or 1/8 sounds about right. There is a market for 1/8 scale RC tanks so there may well be specific figures out there for them.

Have you guys sat in a real Willis Jeep? It's pretty cramped and does feel small by modern standards so a figure that looks a bit large would probably be quite accurate.

As for fitting a Dragon 1/6 Jeep body on this chassis I'll measure mine tomorrow and post up the results. I suspect it'll be over large just sitting on top of the standard chassis. One thing that strikes me is the tranny location, it'll be right between the seats and like mine would probably protrude up and through the floor pan.

It's also a shame they didn't attempt to replicate the classic Jeep tyres with the alternating tread blocks but then they'd probably be pretty naff grip wise.

Have you guys sat in a real Willis Jeep? It's pretty cramped and does feel small by modern standards so a figure that looks a bit large would probably be quite accurate.

No, I was basing figure suitability purely on a scale derived from the wheelbase, as that's what seems to define most scales in RC

That and google images of 'Willys Jeep Driver' where the worst-case is the driver's eyeline is just below the top frame of the windscreen as opposed to dead-centre through windscreen, f'rinstance;

4thParadeLee2010.jpg

willys-jeep-tarp-set--u%20s%20-driver.jp

Right my Dragon Willis Jeep measures out like this:

Wheelbase is 33cms, thats how mine is set but the front wheel could be moved forwards or backwards by 10mm or more and still look ok. The width between the inner tyre walls is 17cms, anything less and there isn't much room for steering or axle roll. Width between the outer edges of the chassis rails is 12cms and it's constant from front to back. At the widest part the body width is 24cms and the length from the grill to the rear panel is 47.5cms. The distance between the front and rear mudguards (at the lowers point) is 16.5cms. I forgot to measure them today but I think the flatiron tyres mine has are 120mm in diameter. The hard kit tyres were 115mm.

Hope that's some use to you guys. I've been saying it for years but I wish Tamiya would pick up the ball on this. Combine their scale RC knowledge with their model kit detail and make a full option Willis Jeep with a driver figure. The sawback looks better than I thought but is caught somewhere between not quite scale enough, yet still a bit too limited to crawl thanks to its scale suspension. One thing it has done is get the scale right, between 1/6-1/8 seem just about right to me. My 1/6 Jeep has almost the same footprint as an Axial Wraith do it's not too big.

That confirms a number of things then . The size is about right to fit a Dragon body but the wheelbase is quite a bit out . Given the nature of the chassis ( looks like there are already alternate mounting points for the front end ) and the distance the bumper appears to protrude from the grill it may be possible to adjust things to make the conversion work . OR am I wrong ?

Thanks chaps, am sorely tempted by one of these. Any idea how they compare to something like a Tundra?

Just received these from Junfac.

The truck was built by SungHo Uhm from South Korea

Every time I look at it I see more mods, but he's;

• Cut n shut two chassis to extend wheelbase
  • Moved 'receiver box' forward
  • Chassis-mounted the servo
  • Triangulated rear shocks
  • Made his own side-bars
  • Fitted that shell!
ltrtch001.jpg ltrtch002.jpg ltrtch003.jpg

ltrtch004.jpg ltrtch005.jpg ltrtch006.jpg

ltrtch007.jpg ltrtch008.jpg ltrtch009.jpg

ltrtch010.jpg ltrtch011.jpg ltrtch012.jpg

ltrtch013.jpg ltrtch014.jpg ltrtch015.jpg

• Like 1

I'm definitely getting one of these, anyone know if the Landcruiser 40 body is the same wheelbase?

I'm definitely getting one of these, anyone know if the Landcruiser 40 body is the same wheelbase?

the land cruiser WB is shorter , by quite a lot

• Like 1

Gutted, ah well, I may wait to see what else Gmade release body wise on this chassis. It needs some sort of pickup body IMO, that would surely get some proper interest?

Gutted, ah well, I may wait to see what else Gmade release body wise on this chassis. It needs some sort of pickup body IMO, that would surely get some proper interest?

there is a proline f100 pickup and a one more i think which is the same wheelbase

I would be surprised if there was another body release. They normally release only one body version I think :huh: .

This is the first GMade with a shell (if you exclude the cage buggies) so I doubt they'll start offering extra shells as, until now, they've pretty much left body choice to the buyer.

I checked mine against a few shells @ Radshape and there's three or four Proline shells which looked pretty close;

3313-60

3310-60

3321-00

Also, the dimensions of 3244-00 are close, but I've not seen one 'in the flesh' to verify.

There's talk of a 4-link kit too, which will really open up the shell options

• Like 1

Chassis mounted servo plate
Price, according to GMade site is $23 check www.junfac.com they'll have them listed soon

ssbbk2.jpg

ssbbk3.jpg

ssbbk4.jpg

ssbbk4.jpg

This thing gets better looking with each new photo from GMade... loving this look!

Jx

i went with the Diy version of the CMS , its real easy to make with the included parts , but for this cheap i ordered one today.

Proline Bushwacker posted on Facebook by John Wasley (note dodgy spelling of wacker when searching)

Proline Part #3231-00

It's been discontinued a while, but there might still be some out there

bushwakka.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks matey, that is exactly what I'm after. Why is it when I want something it's been discontinued! :lol:

Proline Bushwacker posted on Facebook by John Wasley (note dodgy spelling of wacker when searching)

Proline Part #3231-00

It's been discontinued a while, but there might still be some out there

bushwakka.jpg

Nice find ! That body is much better suited, though will not to be found anywhere. That's the "maxx' size body, no ?

Nice to see alternatives popping up for ideas.