Vrdetailing

How do you display your collection

This is my current tamiya collection

null_zpsf894d9cc.jpg

And they live like this

null_zps3c2fc64e.jpg

In my loft room

Question is how do you display your large collections as mine is rapidly growing and looking messy

• Like 2

I put mine on shelves, propped up on either old plastic yogurt containers or Tamiya spray paint boxes, as below:

y7rm.jpg

When I can stack my cars on one shelf each, I just use the plastic containers:

7d42.jpg

For the former, the size difference is key between the containers and boxes so as to allow staggering of each car when the shelf clearance is sufficient. For me, keeping the tires in the air is the key element to my arrangements.

Why do you need to keep the tyres in the air...

Tyres are usually kept in the air to prevent flat-spots forming in the tyres. I bought a XR-311 before as a resto project and it had not moved in a long time, and because of this flat spots had formed, they're were so bad in fact that they actually looked like real punctured tyres! :D Also it helps prevent leaf springs becoming saggy on models which are equipped with them. If the models are being run very frequently though, keeping the tyres in the air isn't an issue.

• Like 2

Not quite the look I am hoping for... Why do you need to keep the tyres in the air...

Please remember I am not a designer; I am just sharing how I do things.

My cars are runners, but do not get run often enough to warrant flat shelf storage; hence the tires in the air. As all feature semi-pneumatic rubberlike tires instead of solid rubber or foam tires, there is a need to prevent flat-spotting.

Some members use glass cases and dedicated stands, and I have seen at least one person who mounts their cars to a wall, letting it hang by a bumper part or something else, which is a neat look.

• Like 1

For my cars, I use Ikea IVAR shelves. To keep them slightly elevated (without being too much noticeable), antiperspirant spray can caps and shaving foam can caps do a nice job.

They're hung from the walls, on dedicated long upper shelves, on bookcase style shelves and in a glass case. I'm thinking seriously about hanging the vanning from a hook in the ceiling.

Mine are on shelves like this one, and the tires are ALWAYS off the ground. I started printing vintage ads to put behind the cars but am not finished yet, plus some of those ads are very hard to get in suitable resolution

They used to be in glass cabinets, rack on top of spay can caps and a small jam glass filled with water for humidity on each shelve.

Some are now in a cabinet at the base of my bed and occassionly would open the doors for me to look at before falling asleep. mind you don't actually see too much as i sleep with the lights off.

• Like 1

:o Well I have so many my house is the display there almost in every room now! :o

I think I should really get rid of some so I can buy new ones because every time I get a new rc it just gets worse and worse!

Fixed could not fit to many RC's in a hose that's for sure!

• Like 2

:o Well I have so many my hose is the display there almost in every room now! :o

I think I should really get rid of some so I can buy new ones because every time I get a new rc it just gets worse and worse!

Now i would like too see this , how many can you get in a hose ?. :lol: . I know it should have been " house " .

I have so many That i have to put them in plastic containers . As i live in a bus , so most are outside of the bus in the VERY big shed .

But not suited to have them displayed etc .

You can display them any way YOU want , ( I would like to make a RC hobby shop as an RC room :D < the dream . )

I have so many That i have to put them in plastic containers . As i live in a bus , so most are outside of the bus in the VERY big shed .

But not suited to have them displayed etc .

You can display them any way YOU want , ( I would like to make a RC hobby shop as an RC room :D < the dream . )

Oh, the plastic containers, what would we do without those? I just did a quick count and I've got 34 containers full of car bits and pieces. Almost as many as the cars they support.

• Like 1

We all have different ways to display our cars, that's true. I just wanted to thank you Grastens for being willing to share yours with us.

Good old ikea shelves with lexan supports to keep the tyres off the shelf.

pv6l.jpg

• Like 4

keep the pics coming I am getting loads of ideas... I am glad my collection has plenty of room to grow. I may look at something tho keep the wheels of the ground.. I use my cars nearly daily but some may sit for a month.

Once i have my window fitted in my loft room iw will make a start

My cars are runners, but do not get run often enough to warrant flat shelf storage; hence the tires in the air. As all feature semi-pneumatic rubberlike tires instead of solid rubber or foam tires, there is a need to prevent flat-spotting.

Some members use glass cases and dedicated stands, and I have seen at least one person who mounts their cars to a wall, letting it hang by a bumper part or something else, which is a neat look.

Sorry if thay may have sounded rude :wub:

• Like 1

pv6l.jpg

Man this is sweet. I realize I need some shelfes for displaying my cars.

• Like 1

pv6l.jpg

I think if you don't use the paint caps to rack up your cars....you may be able to squeeze another roll of shelve in the shelve...you can buy more. Look honey my shelve is not full of rc...:-D

I haven't found a way to display as of yet, much to the dislike of the misses, hopefully I will get some ideas from this thread! ...

at the moment my toys are dotted around the front room ...:

1534tph.jpg

2daez9w.jpg

n15umw.jpg

Oh, the plastic containers, what would we do without those? I just did a quick count and I've got 34 containers full of car bits and pieces. Almost as many as the cars they support.

Well ! I don't want to even think of counting the containers & plastic draws i have full of RC .

Daves956 how many cars to a container do you have ? .

Whats with all the pic's side ways ?. Or is it just me ?.