SRB Bloke

Vintage SRB meet YES or NO

Count me in too (in principle). There are a lot of UK people on the Modesport forum and don't forget Tamiyabase too.

Fantastic idea and I would definitely be keen to attend. The idea of seeing fleets of Rough Riders and Sand Scorchers racing around is too good to miss. I'm sure an informal meet would work. Its up to the TC members to make it work by attending. Last years TC event was fantastic fun as was the recent DT02 Challenge so hopefully people have got a taste for it now. Count me in:-)

Has to be a beach.

What's stopping 40 Racers for example turning up at a quiet beach with a sports bag full of charged batteries ready to race on a course outlined using small flags or road cones ?

Barry, my only comment re that idea is 'Dogs and Kids'. I don't think you could attempt any formal racing unless drivers accept that they stop the cars as soon as a human or animal gets too close. I've been to a few beaches with groups of RCers and it is always an issue.

I've suggested to Steve that he try something informal - like you suggest - to start off with, as a taster.

I've also suggested he comes to the Clumber Park meet on the 27th to get some ideas and help the thought process. There will be a few of us there with a makeshift track. All very informal. I might take my rere Scorcher to see how it fairs.

J

Has to be a beach.

What's stopping 40 Racers for example turning up at a quiet beach with a sports bag full of charged batteries ready to race on a course outlined using small flags or road cones ?

Come on Barry you've seen my beach driving :P . That's why first I tried to find a private beach, no joy without £1000's on hiring... and huge health and safety stuff to adhere to .. :(

I think a grass track might be acceptable.. Its become obvoius these things are not east to get sorted, so bare with me.. B)

Come on Barry you've seen my beach driving :P . That's why first I tried to find a private beach, no joy without £1000's on hiring... and huge health and safety stuff to adhere to .. :(

I think a grass track might be acceptable.. Its become obvoius these things are not east to get sorted, so bare with me.. B)

School playing field or astroturf pitch? Anyone a school governor?

Great idea SRB Bloke! Would be my dream to race the vintage SRB's. Well up for it! On the beach would be perfect. I would suggest one of my local beaches as the sands nice and compact and they're a fair size but I think its just too far for people to travel. Although JWeston did mention Weston Super-Mare, its a big beach and they have the motorcross race on the beach so probably a little area for us on the beach wouldnt be too much trouble for the council to organise.

A few years back (before I joined TC) I know there was a beach bash at Brean beach just round the corner from Weston which looks like it was a success.

I hope we can get something organised.

Cheers Marcus

There is a large sandy bay between Pakefield in Lowestoft and Kessingland that I have rarely seen many people use. (Get the occasional jogger and dog). You have to walk 1/2 a mile from the road through a holiday park/Farmers field to access it. Other to that the public would have to walk along the beach which is a fair distance and not many members of the public are prepared to walk that far. Even if they do walk by the bay is vast. Even a McDonalds 1 mile down the road as well : )

KessinglandBeach_zps77772743.jpg

• Like 1

We should definitely go for this. All those SRBs together. Needs to be done :)

Assume rere's are allowed??

Finally pulled my finger out and got a decent pic of the bay with loads of area for blasting SRB's. Even has steep climbs for Scalers on the cliffs.

DSC_0454_zps9978c14a.jpg

• Like 1

Shell Island near north Wales could be ideal? Make a weekend of it?

There's plenty of room, sand dunes, and flat areas. Lovely setting, and although the campsite tends to be fairly popular, you can go all weekend and hardly see anyone.

There are pics on Tamiya101.com from previous visits.

Great idea though, i think it would be good even without the transponders etc. Who needs organization? Just make sure the crystals don't clash and have fun, that's what these cars were built for.

I'm up for it depending on location.