ChrisRx718

New CC01 Parts

In a italian board a guy that owns several GPM steering kits argued that some parts work well and some other doesn't.

That has been our experience too. Some seem to be better machined than others. Some haven't needed threadlock, others have, although I have yet to come across a set so poorly made that the threadlock trick hasn't worked. I suppose steel epoxy might work instead in such cases?

I also gather that some people need to trim some plastic off the bottom plate for the steering to work without binding. Don't know if that is due to variations in the GPM or Tamiya parts, but I suspect the former...

As a side note, does anyone know if there are replacement plastic 'jaws' for these tamiya pliers? As mine are a bit...broken

Yes they do.

The old part no. is 9807051 but it seems that the part number has been changed to 89950. The AO code (simmilar to SP or OP codes) is AO-7024.

• Like 1

Another new part announced today -

[OP] CC-01 Assembly Universal Shaft (2pcs.)

No part number yet.

More interested in this for a different car and I think others may be too. It's been long acknowledged that TA03 parts are cross-compatible with the CC01, the front driveshafts are even listed the same on the Asiatees site.

So if these parts are good value for money am I right in thinking they should suit my upcoming TA03F build?

There is also a thread on rccrawler on using hilift parts for the steering crank. Like Arron said you drill out the chassis for (in this case 1050) bigger bearings and use the hilift servo horn, splined shaft etc. This was done to my CC01 by a friend (former owner) and worked great but there was still a massive amount of play in the tamiya coathanger wire link between the two bellcranks. I now have a GPM unit (had the use the 1050 bearings as it was pre-modified), and had to crank the begeesus out of the hex screws top and bottom to take up the slop in the keyway, but it has worked!

I have the Junfac 4 link, driveshaft and skid plate, lovely bit of kit, highly recommended. :)

Not new parts, but if money is not an issue, try rc channel. They have full metal diff. , front hubs, axial, wheel for cc/xc and for the big rigs too. If one wants realism, is the place to have a look and realize having lots of money is good. The other stuff, maybe very functional but don't come even close to rc channel nor their price:-D

I really like the look of those Tamiya CC-01 shocks and with them being dirt-cheap at Banzai I'm very tempted. Are they a good choice over the other alloy alternatives?

To be honest, they're just a blingy replacement for the standard CVAs. They feel a little smoother in their operation though, to the point where I'll randomly just walk by my CC01 and give them a little bounce just for how silky they are! :D

The Tamiya alloy shocks are some of the best I had, 1000 times better than cheap Ansmann & co. Just a bit too short for my requirements, so I replaced them with some Proline shocks. And while the Tamiya are great, the Prolines are from a different planet

More new CC01 parts listed for future release (although aforementioned CC01 universal driveshafts now missing in action?!)

54616 OP1616 CC-01 Plated (Differential?) Housing

What do we think that will be? Anything particularly interesting or (my theory) just the standard 'A Parts' tree with a shiny coating?

Hoping this part hasn't been canned - [OP] CC-01 Assembly Universal Shaft (2pcs.)

EDIT: What an idiot, the part is listed on Tamiyausa...

54608 CC-01 Assembly Universal Shaft (2pcs.)

This is a universal drive shaft that is designed to be used with the Tamiya CC-01 chassis platform. By replacing the standard steel dog bone and joint cup that are used in the base kit the drivetrain of the vehicle becomes more efficient and there is less power loss to the drive wheels.

Specs and Features:

• Contains 2x CC-01 Universal Shafts.
  • Reduce power loss in the drivetrain, giving smoothness and better efficiency.
  • Reduces risk of shafts coming loose.
  • Parts are finished in a color reminiscent of actual road cars, enhancing your model's realism.
  • Compatible with CC-01 Chassis cars.

Hoshingu = Axle housing

Looks like we're going to get a chrome plated axle housing? :unsure:

I appreciate that the universal "[p]arts are finished in a color reminiscent of actual road cars, enhancing your model's realism." , but plating the rear axle seems a bit counter to that aesthetic.

What they need to bring is a viscous diff or a 4-link kit -- I think the new dampers and rear drop-links were a step in the right direction, but it's time they started offering a better selection a real hop-ups for this chassis!