backtomyroots

Tamiya Hilux High Lift Transmission Options

Looking to crack open my Tamiya Hilux High Lift Kit #58397 during the winter months.

Transmission suggestion options ? I'm tired of building those Tamiya 3-Speed transmissions.

I need something that is easily adaptable and can be mounted without much customization as I've got limited resources in fabrication, well actually, none.

Looking for a single speed, was thinking something like the new RC4WD R3 Single Speed:

http://store.rc4wd.com/R3-Scale-Single-Speed-Transmission_p_2906.html

Basically I'll have to build the mounts out of styrene though.

Was hoping to find something that will allow the installation of the interior set and driver.

Thanks !

You could also run a Axial Wraith transmission - they're a little cheaper than the RC4WD R3 and cheaper to rebuild as well..

Well, that rc4wd looks pretty nice, but adding hundred bucks' worth to a truck that is already expensive doesn't sound nice. I once built a High Lift and it was a nice experience. Plus, I think sooner or later you're going to end up liking the gear shifting when running it. ;)

I think this would be a neat option: http://www.rcchannel.com.tw/product_info.php?products_id=409&osCsid=dc1a6db5f9275ffe398f4bc4eb21282c

It's all metal with a single speed. It's made for the 1/14 semis but I think could be easily adapted to a high-Lift since they share some similar dimensions.

I sure like the High-Lift. I built one with the MFC02. I really wish I wouldn't have gotten rid of it. I thought about another full option one again, but opted for the Bruiser, but I kinda wish I got another High-Lift. Oh well