ddaenen1

dimensions of "Bel Ray" decal

All, in my quest to get the original sponsor decals for my original Avante restauration, i am exploring all options. In light of that, i am looking for the correct dimensions of the "Bel Ray" blue/white sponsor decal.

Apart from the Avante, i have seen it on the Rough Rider, Super Champ, Sand Rover and Frog. If you own one of these models, could you please measure the size (Width, Height) of the "Bel Ray" decal,preferably in millimeters and post it in this thread so i can narrow down my search?

Many thanks, Dominique

Heigth 21mm

Width 24.5 mm

This is an accurate measurement done with a caliber on my vintage Avante.

Max

• Like 2

Excellent. Many thanks Max. If i now have the dimensions of the other models, i hope there is one with the same size and i know which one i can use as an alternative.

Nobody that is able to provide the dimensions of the "Bel Ray" decal on a Rough Rider, Super Champ, Sand Rover and Frog.

Just for reference once again, this is the one i am refering to:

bellray.JPG

I told the OP that in a PM . you can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink !

I told the OP that in a PM . you can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink !

Yes, i have seen them but the thing is that the rough rider decals, Sand Scorcher 1 decals and Frog decals all have the "Bel Ray" and the "jackman wheels" decals on them so if for one of those the "Bel Ray" decal is of the same size, then obviously i would want to buy one of those to have the 2 remaining sponsor decals in one hit.

Does it make sense now?

It has sense and non sense at the same time.

I perfectly understand why you need these original decals to complete your Avante but I would like to say a couple of things:

1st - If you find the decals (Frog, Scorcher or whatever you will find) is not sure that the dimensions are the same.

2nd - Even if the dimensions are the same... will you find these decal sheets?

3th - If you find these decal sheets and the dimensions are correct, how much money you will spend to buy them?

Considering these decals older and rarer than Avante one has it a sense ruining them cutting away a couple of sponsors?

This is just a consideration and a opinion. B)

Max

Yes, i have seen them but the thing is that the rough rider decals, Sand Scorcher 1 decals and Frog decals all have the "Bel Ray" and the "jackman wheels" decals on them so if for one of those the "Bel Ray" decal is of the same size, then obviously i would want to buy one of those to have the 2 remaining sponsor decals in one hit.

Does it make sense now?

Does it make sense now?

The ones I gave you the link to are identical size wise to the one you want .

If you're after 2 different decals off different sheets it may be worth messaging screenprintdigital to see if they can print the decals you want on one sheet. They already have the designs, would just mean them copying and pasting them onto 1 custom sheet.

If you're after 2 different decals off different sheets it may be worth messaging screenprintdigital to see if they can print the decals you want on one sheet. They already have the designs, would just mean them copying and pasting them onto 1 custom sheet.

they'll do that no problem at all - really helpful guys . I'am thinking of having them do a sheet of vintage surf decals for me just based on images I will e-mail to them .

I have emailed them. I haven't seen the "jackman wheels" decal on their site but it will not hurt to ask anyways.

I believe there's a lot they don't/can't advertise if you get my meaning :ph34r:

I believe there's a lot they don't/can't advertise if you get my meaning :ph34r:

:ph34r: I have no knowledge of the matters you speak of ;)

:ph34r: I have no knowledge of the matters you speak of ;)

But this was the best tip! I think my problem is fixed ;)