Daves956

HOR motorcycles

Fixing the arm and handlebar took all of 5 minutes, the arms and legs can pop apart in case of a crash and go back just as easy.

I've adjusted back from the 9000kv to around 7000 using the end point adjustments and it helped with the start and ridiculous top speed. Most people that run these go with something in the 4000kv range and I understand why, especially on the stock tires.

There is a down side to too much power. In the quest to be able to get the bike up on one wheel I went to the 9000kv motor and it does wheelie like crazy and has way too much top end speed but it does make the gearbox move. When it does, the chain gets loose and can come off and damage the gearing. The ali gearbox and oval washers take care of this with a lesser motor but we've tried all sorts of things with only one solution so far. My friend readjusts his chain after 15 minutes or so of run time but I cut a bit of paintbrush to stuff behind the gearbox. The gearbox digs into the wood in short order and the chain doesn't continue to get loose this way. It's not real conventional but it beats replacing gears or the chain.

The screwdriver in this picture points to the round end you can see. The piece is about 10mm long and goes in with the chain on the tight side, then when it digs in the chain is about right. I've run and crashed this one all weekend long and never adjusted the chain

DSCN0371.jpg

If you squint real hard an 1100 Ducati appears :D

DSCN0373.jpg

Only a couple pieces still in transit but this is enough to get a good start. There's hop ups and replacement parts for the others in there too. Not bad for arriving at the same time from 4 different places.

Must... resist... soooo... tempted... :)

By buying most of it direct from Kyosho as parts, I managed to get it the way I wanted with chrome upgrade and stuff for less than a NIB. I just saw that the current best price on Ebay has dropped to about 100 and 20 in shipping. I'm waiting on the motor and ESC from RCmart, an EZturn 12T on special for 42 and the bearings from Fasteddy for 20. The bearings are in bulk so enough for 2 and a half bikes at that price. Those are US prices so something like 120 pounds for a NIB, motor and ESC with bearings. That would leave a radio set and battery to be ready to run. The batteries I use are 14 US so add 10 pounds.........I can't do a good static motorcycle model at that price.

Hope that helps clear up how hard these things are on the wallet. :D

This is the Ducati so far. I think it lacks bling so I'm going to replace the black wheels with silver and the front battery tray mounts and gearbox to give it a little shine.

Kyosho USA has brought in all the pieces they were out of stock on and now have the upgrade variation of the sticky tires.

DSCN0412.jpg

Super cool collection of HOR bikes. Love that Kenny Roberts version liveried version you have made. I'd like to know more about which modern electronics you have used

I got one of these for Christmas 1990. I used a Tamtech CPR and was disappointed in its performance. It barely has enough power to keep it up right. However I love how it swings the knee out and looks into the turns.

During my years of collecting I've been able to pick up a NIB NSR 500. A used Suzuki HOR and a new built unused first generation non HOR NSR 500 with the actual Rothmans decals

I've been toying with the idea of getting the full compliment of HR aluminum parts and building it up in full bling.

Funny enough these bike were the inspiration to get a my CBR 1000RR and then change out the body work for a set of Rothmans plastics

112309009.jpg

image_zpsbaed5c5c.jpg

That's a great looking bike.

I've got mixed feelings on the aluminum upgrades. They look good but add weight and it brings the center of gravity up, making them harder to drive. Most of them you kinda have to know are there since you can't see them anyway. My buddy has one done that way and it's harder to drive.

In all 3 of the previous bikes the motors are Integy 9000 KVs but their too hot and had to be toned down. 2 have Losi MSC 18BL mini ESCs with the third having a mini mamba. The mamba is the old style without the box and heat sink. The latest has a 12 turn EZRun setup that's 7800 KV. It's my opinion the EZrun is ideal for size, price and KV at around 42 dollars US. I use Flysky radios.

Adding the Ali wheels gives a second gyro and really makes them easy to drive. The high grip tires are a must have if you want to use any power. The same goes for the ali gearbox and oval washers..

This latest all chromed out one is to mess with a friend that rides an 1100 Ducati. He hates the bling people add and took the fairing off of his. So I'm doing this as an all bling special just for him. :lol:

Another little tidbit I've learned is to use flanged bearings on the wheels. It's not called for but it spaces the wheels better and makes them turn easier.

It's like taking a picture of a disco ball with a flash camera. :lol: About enough bling I think

DSCN0432.jpg

And in the same light and location without the reflection and looking more Ducati ish.

DSCN0433.jpg

That Ducati replica came out good. What kind of graphics will you use on the bike

I'd like to show it finished but every time I link to a photo it locks up, Same photobucket account and settings that all the other pictures are from but now it's a no go.....oh well

I'll bet you're using Internet Explorer aren't you Dave? There's a problem in the last update of IE that creates a conflict with linking from Photobucket.

I'd recommend using a different browser such as Chrome (best one going), Safari or Firefox. They all work fine with Photobucket.

I'll bet you're using Internet Explorer aren't you Dave? There's a problem in the last update of IE that creates a conflict with linking from Photobucket.

I'd recommend using a different browser such as Chrome (best one going), Safari or Firefox. They all work fine with Photobucket.

DSCN0435-1.jpg

Thank you very much

Wow Dave that's a work of art . While I love the bling running gear and chassis the minimalist paint and just the right amount of decals really finish it off perfectly . Your Buddie is a lucky guy if you give him this one .