JatoTheRipper

New Member's Super Clod Buster

Hi guys. Apparently I signed up for this site way back in 2009, but I never posted. So this is my first post.

Here she is - my first Clod Buster! It's also only my second hard-body Tamiya. I got a CC-01 Jeep Wrangler in August, but that body still isn't finished. I don't know what I was thinking when I chose metallic paint for my first hard-body and the first body I've painted in a long, long time. The paint didn't turn out great, but I realized this body is going to get beaten up while driving it so I just accepted the outcome. I also resisted putting many stickers on it.

It's a very cool old-school monster truck!

10281120874_b29a07a0b4_z.jpg

10281314083_a054702305_z.jpg

10280885464_64033ffa5b_z.jpg

10281002035_1eb562dd69_z.jpg

• Like 4

Welcome aboard. :)

I know I'd rather use the other blower as it looks more realistic but the truck still looks sweet! Looks very much like the 1986 Bear Foot monster truck!

Welcome to tamiyaclub buddy. Paint looks great to me and good choice not having too many decals less is more ;)

All, thank you for the compliments!

Welcome aboard. :)

I know I'd rather use the other blower as it looks more realistic but the truck still looks sweet! Looks very much like the 1986 Bear Foot monster truck!

It does look like the old school Bear Foot now that you say it! I am used to the Bear Foot trucks being red and forgot that it used to be blue.

I test fit the smaller scoop, but I decided to go with the larger version. I think the larger version adds to the outlandish look of this huge truck. There is nothing suttle about this truck so why should the blower be suttle? :D

Sweet Clod!

The pics remind me of the (very old) 'Cars 'n Cookers' thread :lol:

Sweet Clod!

The pics remind me of the (very old) 'Cars 'n Cookers' thread :lol:

Thank you! I will have to look up that thread.

I really want to get Juggernaut wheels and tires, but they're so overpriced IMO. What should I pay for a NIB set?

Thank you! I will have to look up that thread.

I really want to get Juggernaut wheels and tires, but they're so overpriced IMO. What should I pay for a NIB set?

100 bucks for a set of tires wouldn't be too much, but if I was you I know I rather be looking for a complete Juggernaut project to run against the Clod sometime, cause once you get those tires you'll know you want a Juggernaut as well ;)

I do love the original clod but I too prefer the super clods supercharger, gives it a modern look to go with the paint and the grille etc.

Speaking of paint, that colour looks sweet and ties in nicely with the factory blue accents! Welcome to Tamiyaclub and enjoy crushing stuff with your awesome clod :)

Well for new unused Juggernaut tyres expect to pay £20 pounds per tyre which is a fair price considering they are more rare in that condition than rocking horse poo.

RC4WD do a fantastic set of Clod tyres called B&H monster truck tyres very lightweight and come with foam inserts included. They go for £18.56 a set (1 pair) so "cheap" considering the quality you get. Postage from USA can be expensive though so swings and roundabouts.

Here is a set of RC4WD B&H tyres installed on Grim Reaper :Dpost-37416-0-35725800-1382186938_thumb.jpost-37416-0-69129300-1382186976_thumb.jpost-37416-0-15552900-1382187064_thumb.j

Nice Clod! And your screen name looks familiar, what other site are you on? I've been here forever too yet never post, just lurk. My screen name elsewhere is 860Crawler

100 bucks for a set of tires wouldn't be too much, but if I was you I know I rather be looking for a complete Juggernaut project to run against the Clod sometime, cause once you get those tires you'll know you want a Juggernaut as well ;)

Juggs are so expensive! I'm not sure I want to pay the going price for them. I can get a NIB set of Juggernaut tires, but they would cost around $160 and that includes about $20 in shipping to the US. If they were $100 I'd be more interested.

I do love the original clod but I too prefer the super clods supercharger, gives it a modern look to go with the paint and the grille etc.

Speaking of paint, that colour looks sweet and ties in nicely with the factory blue accents! Welcome to Tamiyaclub and enjoy crushing stuff with your awesome clod :)

Thank you!

Well for new unused Juggernaut tyres expect to pay £20 pounds per tyre which is a fair price considering they are more rare in that condition than rocking horse poo.

RC4WD do a fantastic set of Clod tyres called B&H monster truck tyres very lightweight and come with foam inserts included. They go for £18.56 a set (1 pair) so "cheap" considering the quality you get. Postage from USA can be expensive though so swings and roundabouts.

Here is a set of RC4WD B&H tyres installed on Grim Reaper :Dattachicon.giffinished jugg 001 (Small).jpgattachicon.giffinished jugg 007 (Small).jpgattachicon.giffinished jugg 008 (Small).jpg

Those are sweet tires! I never realized the Jugg tires are narrower.

Nice Clod! And your screen name looks familiar, what other site are you on? I've been here forever too yet never post, just lurk. My screen name elsewhere is 860Crawler

Thank you! I'm on a lot of RC sites - UltimateRC, RCCrawler, RCTech, etc.

I broke off one of the rollbar lights tonight. That didn't take long. I purposely left the screws loose so the lights could rotate before breaking, but that didn't work as well as I wanted.

I also destroyed the stock servo saver. I have to get a better one, possibly aluminum.

I also have to find a good way to line up the steering so all 4 wheels point straight without toe. I also want to remove a lot of slop from the steering system.

Believe it or not but Jugg tyres are the same width the tyres play a trick on the eye as the Jugg tyres are rounded at the edge and the B&H are so straight if that makes sense. However the Jugg tyres are longer than the B&H tyres.

Hi, I'm not English mother tongue so I didn't completly understand you.

What you mean with "the Jugg tyres are longer than the B&H tyres".

Are them better or worse than B&H tires?

Thanks

Max

Believe it or not but Jugg tyres are the same width the tyres play a trick on the eye as the Jugg tyres are rounded at the edge and the B&H are so straight if that makes sense. However the Jugg tyres are longer than the B&H tyres.

Hi max yes Jugg tyres are slightly longer when you look at them top down might be easier to show if I take some more photos!

As for which tyre is better I do not really have a preference it came down to cost for me if Clod tyres were cheaper I would have got a set instead of the RC4WD tyres.

• Like 1

Very nice truck . Have you clear-coated the blue metallic? , the metallic paints are usually 2 stage paints , base colour ,then clear 'lacquer' coats to bring the paint to life and give the really glossy 'glass' finish to the paint

Juggs are so expensive!

It's not the Juggs that are expensive, it's what they are attached to! :ph34r:

• Like 3

Very nice truck . Have you clear-coated the blue metallic? , the metallic paints are usually 2 stage paints , base colour ,then clear 'lacquer' coats to bring the paint to life and give the really glossy 'glass' finish to the paint

I have not done a clear coat. I understand that would make the paint shine.

It's not the Juggs that are expensive, it's what they are attached to! :ph34r:

What are the Juggernauts attached to?

I have not done a clear coat. I understand that would make the paint shine.

What are the Juggernauts attached to?

He meant juggs as in a woman pretty sure anyway ahaha

He meant juggs as in a woman pretty sure anyway ahaha

I never thought he was referring to women, but you may be correct.