APR91

M Chassis for HPI Lancia Stratos

Hi All,

Ive just finished a HPI Lancia Stratos shell and was intending to mount it on a M05 chassis I had lying around, but the front suspension mounts appear to be too high. I realise that I could cut out the shell, but that sort of defeats the object of having such a low slung car.

I have a M02L chassis which is too long, but would find a M01 / 2 if anybody thought the shell would fit? Ive looked into the article on black hole suns website about an M04, and could go down that route, but why use an M04 when the M01 / 2 has a 210 mm wheelbase already?

I even thought of getting hold of the HPI cup Racer chassis, but they seem to be very rare and go for more than I want to spend on Ebay. I dont run my cars other than around the living room once I've built them to see if everything works alright, I just build and paint for the fun of it, and the lancia shell looks fantastic in my opinion.

Has anybody used a M0 1 or 2 with this shell? did it require much re working? or has anybody got a HPI cup chassis they want to sell ?

Thanks in advance?

APR91

This is to be one of my next projects so I'll be interested to see how you get on.

It seems like a lot of work to convert an M chassis to fit that body. It would be much easier to find a used cup racer chassis. Be patient and you'll find one at the right price.

It seems like a lot of work to convert an M chassis to fit that body. It would be much easier to find a used cup racer chassis. Be patient and you'll find one at the right price.

That's actually made me want to do it more!

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. I managed to get hold of a M04 chassis last night on e bay so I'll be following the instructions on black hole suns website. I'll let you know how I get on when its finished.

Alan